Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Columbia SC Downtown The Vista REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2015, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe

Didn't see a thread for this property so thought I would give it a quick review. Brand new hotel, about 3 - 4 months old located in the downtown area of Columbia. It's got a great location for restaurants and bar hopping and is well-appointed.

Like many newer or downtown HPs, the couch area has shrunk a bit and the couch itself is a lot smaller. We tried both a King room and a 2 Queen room. Unlike a typical HP where the layout doesn't change just the beds, the layouts were very different in our case. Enclosed bathroom, length of room, and the 2 Queen room appeared to be bigger.

Google maps currently takes you to the wrong location. It takes you to the back of the hotel where there's a sign that essentially says "you can't check out here go around the block twice". Which if you were like us and had already paid for metered parking and unloaded the car, that sucks You want to enter on Lady Street. Do have to pay for overnight parking too.

This property does have suites, although we were not upgraded to one. Hard product being brand new is very nice. I'm a fan of the dual light strips on the electricmirrors brand mirror (nice image to shave by - or I age like a fine wine!). Two service issues - FD didn't know how to use HP gift card. Other was a little more important, I think someone forgot to turn the warmers on and breakfast was inedible cold.

We stay annually at the HP up the road in Harbison but that property is a little more tired so all in all we'll be back. Hyatt seems to be building a bigger SC footprint, can't wait for the Charleston downtown properties to open as well!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.