Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Boulder/Pearl Street REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2015, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald

Stayed at this new property after getting into DEN pretty late on a delayed flight. The drive from the airport took about 45 minutes. This is a standard brand-new Hyatt Place surrounded by construction. It was kind of confusing where to park, so we just left it on the street in front of the hotel. It was midnight, but I could imagine that on a busier night, parking may be kind of a headache here. It's valet-only and supposedly costs $10 per night, although we were not charged for it. Diamond benefit or incompetent charging? I'll never know.

Anyway, when we arrived about midnight, there was no record of my reservation with the flustered front desk guy, even though I had the confirmation number, email, and reservation pulled up on my app. There was some confusion for a while, but it was eventually settled when a manager arrived. Kind of strange.

Other than that hiccup, this was a fine stay, and breakfast was actually one of the better HP offerings I've encountered, so that means barely edible, but this HP had more room to eat and slightly better fare.

Location is quite good; it's about 1.5 miles from the Pearl St. Mall which is walkable as far as I'm concerned. I was quite impressed with Boulder in general, and this is a brand-new HP that is among the best that I've encountered.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Good to hear it's open.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Any more recent stays here? I'm not sure what perks a Diamond would get at a Hyatt Place, but would be interested in that as well. Thanks.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Good stay last night (but just a lowly Discoverist, for now). Convenient to the more walkable, interesting parts of Boulder, but I wouldn't say it's a super interesting area to go walk around, just a bit too far east of downtown.

I have been getting stuck at older HPs so was a pleasant treat to be in a new build one.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz 5-star President's Circle
Had a 2-night stay booked for a college visit with my son on April 1-3, reserved with a credit card guarantee six weeks in advance. Low availability in the area as there was an admitted students day event Saturday at CU Boulder. Arrived very late and front desk clerk informed us they had no rooms available. She made a half-hearted attempt to call one other hotel and see if they had room (they didn't). After refusing to budge, she finally went and checked on a room that was placed out of service due to maintenance issues. Put us in the room eventually at 3AM after a long frustrating wait. Completely unapologetic.

Manager wasn't available in the morning when we departed for our event, so I returned later that afternoon. Ultimately, her response was appropriate and apologetic as she stated "we had a number of issues yesterday, which I'm sure you don't need to hear, but bottom line we messed up and didn't have a room available for you." Comp'd the room and cancelled second night without penalty, and we moved into the Hyatt Centric Denver for our second night.

Location is great, but would probably look for other options before returning to this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.