Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Is it worth daily check in/out for points as diamond?

Is it worth daily check in/out for points as diamond?

Old Jul 13, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, A3*G, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Lufthansa Frequent Traveller
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
I am doing something similar, but I am chasing the triple Avios promotion currently ongoing for 1,500 Avios per stay (Offer code BA377). Yes, I forego the normal Gold Passport points, but I still get my Diamond Amenity of 1,000 points per stay.

Those Avios are racking up very quickly...

Do you still receive the stay credit when you receive the Avios instead?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by qmiles321
Do you still receive the stay credit when you receive the Avios instead?
Yes, of course! And the nights credit, too.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 8:33 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
There are some co-located Hyatts that make moving back and forth simple. For a while I was commuting weekly to the west suburbs of Chicago. The HP and HH Naperville/Warrenville were brand new and shared a parking lot. Ah, I wish Diamond requalification was still such a trivial exercise...
Old Jul 14, 2015, 12:41 am

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
When I was only doing 35 nights, hotel hop was necessary to re qualify Diamond each year. Kids love the nightly dessert and Sobe when we change hotel each night during our vacation. Now they are grown and I am doing 25+ nights per trip to a single location, I still look for ways to break up my stay into 1-5-1-5-1-5-1-5-1 nights stays at 2 different Hyatt and get the additional 8,000 points over these 9 stays! The down side is my single night location is cheaper and it will reduce my life time points earning.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 1:54 am

What a discomfort to put ones self into for just a small benefit.

I value my comfort more than those few points anyway...
I don't pay the kind of price I do to have to force my self change hotel everyday.

But I guess it can be a fun game to play for some people and I don't critisize that
Old Jul 14, 2015, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by benji2227
What a discomfort to put ones self into for just a small benefit.

I value my comfort more than those few points anyway...
I don't pay the kind of price I do to have to force my self change hotel everyday.

But I guess it can be a fun game to play for some people and I don't critisize that
^ well said. I'm the same way.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by kanerf
I stay almost exclusively in Virginia close to D.C. and there is a wealth of Hyatt properties at all levels, but most of them are some distance apart. I do have a vehicle, but switching frequently is a pain. Hyatt does not seem to build properties next to each other like Marriott and Hilton seem to do. There is a Embassy Suites and a Homewood Suites in Ashburn that are ajoined with a passageway between them. I know of a number of Marriott properties that share a parking lot as well. Too bad Hyatt does not build a Hyatt House and a Hyatt Place next to each other.
The Dulles area Hyatts on weekends are a Hyatt Hopper's dream, especially if you live in the area.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 7:24 am

The only reason I would consider such a thing is if requalification was coming up and a few hops would make the difference between Diamond and not having Diamond.

Personally I would not do that for the 1k welcome bonus points, but I understand we are all weird and wonderful in our own ways

Same goes for long detours to fly more for the sake of it. When I was a student, I loved taking vast detours to fly more in F and J. These days, with limited holidays and lots of work, my threshold for extra travel time/hassle is much, much lower.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Yea. I don't think it's worth it for 1k points at all. I mean I can MS that amount in less time than it takes to pack up your suitcase.

For diamond requalification may be different as the last poster said in that it would only take a few nights. I considered doing it this year before I found out that they had extended the Elite Tier Offer in June and went through 2017.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 8:03 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
I get bored in the same hotel night after night, so I tend to hop around a little bit.

Many places you can get more than the 1k/night credit. RC closings @ 2500. Various stay bonuses for quarterly volume @ 1000-1500. Etc.

Its not uncommon for my stays to be 2-5k points per night (200/night hotel rooms) without even counting the standard Summer/Winter bonuses.

Of course, to each his/her own.

Edit: many hotel chains do their top XX% customers based upon stays as well - for what its worth this can add additional benefits when you stay at particular hotels.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I did the 1 nighters last year for about 6 weeks so I could re-qualify for Hilton diamond without sacrificing too many Hyatt points. Not bothering with it this year. Projecting 236 paid nights this year and all but 5 will be Hyatt.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 8:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, national executive elite,
I rarely stay in the same hotel more than 1 night. Not only do I get the 1000 points but half of the time the points don't post and I get 500 more points.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.