Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Best Hyatt Beach Property in the US/Caribbean

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2015, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Hey,
We want to celebrate our anniversary on the east coast , and stay in New York , Washington and Miami . At the end we want to relax a little and hang one week beach holiday off . In my Hyatt account are about 100k , I'd like to use with a high value . Which Hyatt or which destination would you recommend for a great beach and a great stay . Unfortunately I am only Hyatt Platinum member . From Miami you could certainly some destinations , also in the Caribbean , reached .
For help or advice I am very grateful :-)
Old Jun 2, 2015, 12:04 pm

I would choose Rose Hall, Jamaica due to it being AI..IMHO, it really is a good value for the 25k/night. Although, the actual beach leaves something to be desired.

Aruba is also a nice property.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Some to Consider:

Andaz Maui 25K
GH Kauai 25K

GH Playa del Carmen: opening 6/15/15
GH Bahamas: booking opening 10/2015, I believe

Andaz Papagayo: 15K (reduction from 25K), great secluded property. Not the best beach. Access to beach club that is OK, but not great.

Can spend a week on points alone at Andaz Papagayo or C&P with other properties.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 6:08 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
Aruba, hands down.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
100K points won't really get the OP very far in the Caribbean with Hyatt. Everything decent is 20-25K. Yes there is C&P, but a $150 + tax co-pay isn't much fun either.

Andaz Papagayo is probably the best bet. There are flights to Liberia, Costa Rica from MIA.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

thx for the answers... Unfortunately i´m only Hyatt Platinum, and i think with around 50$ for breakfast it´s not a very good deal for Andaz.

and flights to liberia for around 500$...

We will fly to the eastcoast in July...
Old Jun 3, 2015, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Have never been to Caribbean but no shocker as Hawaii is closer and generally cheaper for those of us on the West Coast. Of USA beach resorts, my personal fav would be the Hyatt Maui, though the Hyatt Incline is also nice (if you count Lake Tahoe shoreline as a beach )
Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Hyatt maui is unfortunately no Option because of the flight from east coast. I think that the hyatt zilara rose Hall would be good, there is already an all inclusive concept. The andaz in costa rica would Be my first Choice but without Diamond Status i think its not a good deal:-/
Old Jun 4, 2015, 6:38 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond AA Platinum
If the budget is a concern, check out the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach. Its one of the finest beaches in the US and has every amenity with in walking distance.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 6:49 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by TheTourVan
If the budget is a concern, check out the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach. Its one of the finest beaches in the US and has every amenity with in walking distance.
I was going to mention Clearwater, as when I get tired of the bodysurfing around Palm Coast (excellent from St Augustine to Daytona,) I head to Clearwater for some floating in the Gulf. Nice place, great beaches all the way to St Pete Beach and 20k per night on points. July is the low season as well so shouldn't be "too" crowded. A bit hot and humid though it makes the water feel that much better. Easy to get to from TPA. Great food around Tampa also and reasonably priced. There is also the HR Sarasota, while technically, not on the "beach" it's close enough and only 12k per night on points. Clearwater's better, obviously.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 4:12 pm
K79

Hyatt Coconut Point Resort Bonita Springs, Fl. has a decent private island beach. Naples is about 30 mins and known for nice clean beaches.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
How about for someone with Diamond status? Any suggestion? I prefer to use no more than 15,000 points per night if I can get a good property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.