Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Diamond late check out - guaranteed or by request?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond late check out - guaranteed or by request?

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2015, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
HR Kyoto is considered a "spa resort" too.
Which is laughable because its spa is utterly pedestrian. Treatment rooms are about the size of a bathroom at PH Tokyo, if that, and the treatments are unremarkable.
Old May 30, 2015, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Which is laughable because its spa is utterly pedestrian. Treatment rooms are about the size of a bathroom at PH Tokyo, if that, and the treatments are unremarkable.
They're good for the price when booking through Virtuoso at 50% off.
Old May 30, 2015, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Just wanted to provide an update. They decided to grant my request at about noon. I had already made alternate plans since they couldn't confirm my late check out earlier. So I ended up leaving at around 1. Oh well. Wish we could get some official word from hgp on how we should interpret our late check out benefit.
Old May 30, 2015, 11:52 pm

They're good for the price when booking through Virtuoso at 50% off.
Perhaps, but the hotel should not be classified as a resort and spa. It's a city hotel.
Old May 31, 2015, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Perhaps, but the hotel should not be classified as a resort and spa. It's a city hotel.
I think they snagged the spa resort designation to not give late checkouts? I would really like to know what the hotel was thinking with the rebrand.
Old May 31, 2015, 12:20 am

I think they snagged the spa resort designation to not give late checkouts? I would really like to know what the hotel was thinking with the rebrand.
It could also have to do with the absence if a Regency Club. HR flagged properties are normally supposed to have club lounges AFAIK. The hotel is owned by the same company that owns HR Hakone, which is of course an actual resort and spa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.