Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2015, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K 1MM; Alaska MVP100K; WOH Globalist; Bonvoy LT Platinum; HH Gold

I just completed a 3-night (1 award night and 2 paid nights) stay here.

I was thanked for being a Diamond member and offered a free beverage or points. Parking was not waived (asked).

The room was big, clean and well maintained. I had a 2 queen room with sofa bed. The room had a black out shade which is nice. The wifi was pretty fast. All guests get free breakfast. Nothing special to report but they do have 3 hot dishes. The coffee was pretty good which surprised me.

This is a nice property to stay at. The walk to Disneyland isn't bad. There's a Hyatt House opening half a block away later this year.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD, AS 75K, Marriott Titanium
Just completed a stay at this property. Well appointed property with free breakfast (eggs, sausage, French toast, fruits, breads), decent gym (three treadmills and some free weights), clean and nice sized rooms, Direct TV, and friendly staff. Only downsides were $14/day for parking and odd bathroom arrangement where the toilet is too close to the wall. Overall, I would definitely return again.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 9:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Mostly Good

Recent-build new-design HP easily walkable to Mickeyland. Showing some wear for as new as it is, but I can't imagine how kid-packed the place must be in the summer. Great staff. Way better than the norm breakfast.

I knew I'd have to shove lots of money to the mouse but I was not expecting $28 visitor tax or $16 to park the car at an HP. I suppose the first goes with the territory and it looks like I missed the latter in a previous post.

The controllable things were all good and I would book it again.

If you are a family, and I would think it really appeals to families who might want an in and out option, there is also a Hyatt House building nearby. Maybe even better.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 4:07 am
Suspended

Were you guys able to easily walk to the park?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Chase Ultimate Rewards
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Were you guys able to easily walk to the park?
Anyone have recent experiences?

I have a stay booked and planned to visit California Adventure.

ERQ
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: La Quinta Elite IHGSPIRE HH Diamond BW Diamond Hyatt Diamond
Yes. Very easy. 15-20 minute walk. Disneyland usually opens at 8am. If you leave the hotel at 7:30 you will get an early start before the crowds. Walk straight on to Space Mountain or Matterhorn.
Insider Tip: from the HP, if you walk across Harbor and into the parking lot, I think you can get on the shuttle to Disney. They think that you parked your car in the lot and have no way to verify. It's worth a try. As always, YMMV.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 5:18 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Stayed here in Sept. 2018 for a week for a conference at the nearby convention centre (about 1/2 mile walk at most) beside the Hilton. We booked a conference rate through a third party and so I wasn't expecting much in terms of being able to get points credited to my account but actually the front desk staff were very friendly (as were all staff here) and happily credited the stay to my account. ^ The stay was obviously a cash rate and with no status benefits (as I have no status with Hyatt) but the room was quite nice for this price point (compared to other options here that were far more expensive). The room was quiet, large and in good condition with a decent bathroom. I haven't taken any pictures as the layout and room style is likely universal among 'places'. We generally had breakfast here and as others have said it had at least 3 hot dishes each day (rotating, so not always bacon for example but at least one egg dish each day) with plenty of other cold options (cereal, breads, fruit, etc...) The juice area was nice and always topped up. I am not a fan of filter coffee so went to the nearby starbucks for my cappuccinos each day (there is one about 1/2 mile up on the main drag and one in the Hilton by the convention centre for other such coffee fans). We had a drink at the 'bar' which is really not very atmospheric but serves a purpose and at least had some decent choices besides the usual main brands. (all bottled though, no draft). My stay ended up being cut short a day and I thought I might be dinged for the extra night as the hotels were all sold out when we were there...but the front desk manager was very kind and after explaining the situation, she kindly waived the fee and I really appreciated that. ^

We used super shuttle to get here and that worked fine, just the hassle of tagging along to other destinations before your hotel (or back as the case may be)...price was right at $ 23 including tip each way / person but do beware that it took about an hour and 40 minutes to get to the airport from the hotel with other pickups and delays from the ever congested highways here which I think was typical for a rush hour journey.

We ate at a few different places nearby the hotel (all within walking distance, if sometimes a bit longer walk). One night we just walked around and ended up at the nearby Hyatt Regency bar and had some finger food there which was surprisingly good and decent value for money given the captive audience. The hotel looked nice too but was out of our budget for the period and events that were on. The other nights we ate at Ruth Chris's (next door to the HP but very busy so reservation needed, and although it was good, the Outback just a bit further down the road was far better value and actually better steak (if not service). P.F. Chang's was a lovely Asian place that also needed a reservation but had great food. There are plenty of choices nearby without having to use a car so that was a nice benefit of the location for those not wanting to have to rent a car.

I'd stay again without issue, it was excellent value for money and I didn't feel 'cheap' staying here at all.

Hope this review helps. One could certainly walk to Disney park and many of the families staying were doing just that.

Safe travels.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 5:22 pm

Excellent 3 night stay

Just completed a 3 night stay with family. As globalist got warm welcome and generous upgrade on highly discounted rate to suite. After talking a bit at check in Eric said "if you're ok with housekeeping bringing up feather free pillows I've got a better suite". We were given room 411 an extremely large 2 queen bed suite with dining table, comfortable, kitchenette. It was better than suites we have had at Regency down the road. Being globalist parking was comped. Everyone was helpful. Breakfast was plentiful with tasty bacon, cage free eggs, multi colored potatoes medley & fresh blueberries, strawberries, juice & coffee station. Everything was hot. Fresh and replenished without prompting.
it's a great location for disney as well as convention center and good value
For the $$ saved and helpful staff will make this a top choice for our family
Old Oct 13, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Recently finished a quick 1 night stay here with family. As globalist, they upgraded to higher level floor; hotel seemed surprisingly full for a random week night. I stayed using a Cat4 cert, so wasnt expecting any special upgrade. Room was clean, comfortable and in reasonably good shape for a location I'm sure gets a lot of abuse from families with small kids due to proximity to Disneyland. I still havent stayed at the Hyatt House that opened nearby more recently, maybe next time, but I do like this location very much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.