Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Using Hyatt points to book at Bellagio?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2015, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline

I will come to Las Vegas on Sep 18 and Sep 19 2015. I will book with 2 queen beds. I have Hyatt points. Do you think that it is good to use Hyatt points to book Bellagio.

Thanks in advance^_^
Old May 4, 2015, 4:21 am

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM

What's the cash price?
Old May 4, 2015, 6:22 am

Programs: AC *P

Read the forum sticky.
Old May 4, 2015, 8:53 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by happy9zz
I will come to Las Vegas on Sep 18 and Sep 19 2015. I will book with 2 queen beds. I have Hyatt points. Do you think that it is good to use Hyatt points to book Bellagio.

Thanks in advance^_^
Originally Posted by MSPDeltaDude
What's the cash price?
Yes you can use Hyatt points to book a stay at Bellagio through the MGM mLife partnership. But unless rates are unusually high for your dates, using points for these stays are not a good use of points. Generally, weekday cash rates are extremely low and weekend rates can vary a lot.
Old May 4, 2015, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
Thanks everyone. It requires 25,000 points/night for the Resort King Room. The cash price is 369$/night. I really need two beds. But this room has 1 King bed. The hotel only has this room available for Hyatt points. What should I do if I would like to change to 2 beds? Thanks!
Old May 4, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
I wouldn't use 25K HGP points per night if the room rate is $369. Did you take a look at Aria? Aria is just as good and their basic rooms are better than Bellagio's. If you absolutely have to be at Bellagio and need two Queen beds then you might be SOL since double Queen beds are highly requested in Vegas, especially on weekends.
Old May 4, 2015, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Thanks! I just check the price at Planet Hollywood. It is affordable. I have a question for the room:

Hollywood Hip With 2 Queen Beds - Single Bed - Room only: $284
Hollywood Hip With 2 Queen Beds - Twin Bed for Sole Use - Room only: $284
2 Queen Or 1 King - Hollywood Hip : $294

I need 2 beds. Which one should I book for 2 beds? When I look at the descriptions, I am confused. The description states 2 Queen Beds but how come it also shows Single Bed - Room only, Twin Bed for Sole Use - Room only, Or 1 King. What does it mean? It is my first time to book at Planet Hollywood.
Old May 4, 2015, 12:42 pm

Not sure about PH. Is that what they're showing on their website or an OTA? If their website, give their Reservations Department a call so you know you're getting exactly what you want.
Old May 4, 2015, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Not sure about PH. Is that what they're showing on their website or an OTA? If their website, give their Reservations Department a call so you know you're getting exactly what you want.
I used UR from Chase to check these rooms.
Old May 4, 2015, 12:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
...since double Queen beds are highly requested in Vegas, especially on weekends.
Why?
Old May 4, 2015, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Why?
Families and groups of friends sharing a room together.
Old May 4, 2015, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
OP, do you have status with Hyatt? If so, you can get status with MLife and receive reduced rates. For example, my MLife Platinum status could get a room with 2 queen beds on your dates for $299 a night at the Bellagio.
Old May 5, 2015, 2:20 am
Original Poster

I dont have a status. That's why I think I should use UR to pay at Planet Hollywood.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.