Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Guest of Honor program

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 1:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, AS MVP Gold
Hyatt Guest of Honor program

Dear all,

I had my friend (Diamond member) make an award reservation for me at the Park Hyatt Tokyo using the Guest of Honor program, so I can enjoy the Diamond amenities. It appears that most Hyatt agents are not aware of this Guest of Honor program.

After making the reservation, I noticed the reservation showed up in my account! My friend only gave Hyatt my name, so it's quite amazing that Hyatt linked the stay to my account automatically. However, this reservation doesn't show up in my friend's Diamond account, so he had to call and add himself onto the reservation (so that it receives Diamond benefit for sure).

My question is, since my friend's name is now on the reservation, will Park Hyatt Tokyo asks for his passport or ID? (japanese people are notorious for their attention to detail) I do have another different friend traveling with me, so maybe the front desk will assume that we have 3 guests and charge extra?

Given the amount of trouble he had to go through (5+ calls to Hyatt), wouldn't it be easier if he just adds my name as a 2nd guest and I just go check in without him the old fashion way? Then what's the point of having this "Guest of Honor" program?

Thanks!

Last edited by jazzmailman; Mar 31, 2015 at 1:38 am
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:01 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

How is the reservation coded? It seems that Guest of honor reservations are coded as Guest of Honor, not as a normal reservation. See this thread for more info...

FDW
Old Mar 31, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Contact PH Tokyo management and confirm everything, including their knowledge of the program ahead of time. My daughter never got Diamond benefits; I wish I had contacted the hotel in advance.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
A long-time FTer, and now a friend, used this program to get me Diamond benefits in France. Worked seamlessly. Breakfast & free bottle of wine were greatly appreciated. I love FT. ^
Old Jul 8, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, southwest A List Preferred, American Platinum
Just used guest of honor for my daughter and son in law for a week's stay at Park Hyatt New York. They upgraded them to a junior suite and they got the full Diamond breakfast free every morning. They also emailed me and asked what they would like upon arrival. In the room were huge chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of merlot along with a goody bag from the spa. Awesome! I have been Diamond for 10 years and this is why. LOVE Hyatt.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by joey965
Just used guest of honor for my daughter and son in law for a week's stay at Park Hyatt New York. They upgraded them to a junior suite and they got the full Diamond breakfast free every morning. They also emailed me and asked what they would like upon arrival. In the room were huge chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of merlot along with a goody bag from the spa. Awesome! I have been Diamond for 10 years and this is why. LOVE Hyatt.
Do you have any more daughters? I want to be your son in law too!
Old Jul 10, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, southwest A List Preferred, American Platinum
LOL Yes, but they are married already. While they were at the Park Hyatt we watched their 1 and 2 year old for a week. Now you really wish you were my son-in-law.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by joey965
It's crazy hotels do things differently. No offense to your daughter and son-in-law, but as an actual Diamond staying there on free certificates a few months back, we only got upgrade to a Park Deluxe. This was despite putting in the comments that we were traveling for our anniversary. I'm sure they loved it though and nice perk for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.