Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Is Hyatt no longer doing 50% bonus on missing diamond amenity pts? [Still available]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
From post #19, courtesy of Gold Passport Concierge:

Any time that you need to call in to have the Diamond Amenity posted to your account you are eligible to receive the Diamond Amenity Retro Bonus (1,500 at Full Service Hyatts and 750 at Hyatt Select properties). This includes if the stay has not yet posted to your account. You will need to allow 72 hours after your check out date for the stay to post to your account. If after 72 hours the stay has not posted please phone us and we will be happy to get it posted along with the Diamond Amenity Retro Bonus.
Print Wikipost

Is Hyatt no longer doing 50% bonus on missing diamond amenity pts? [Still available]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2015, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car

Over the past 3 months I've had multiple hotels neglect to give me the 500/1000 diamond amenity bonus points.

The last 3 times I've called customer service to correct this, I've only been given the standard/expected points.

I've let this slip in the past, if the hotel was good to me otherwise (e.g. put me into a better than expected room) but it's becoming the norm instead of the exception, and it's annoying me.

If the policy has changed, I should be notified.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 10:50 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Good Morning 4aks,

Would you kindly PM your Gold Passport details along with the stay(s) in question? The retro amenity is still offered when the hotel posts the stay itself but misses the amenity. If the hotel misses the entire stay, the retro amenity doesn't apply. I'm not necessarily implying this was the case in your situation, which is why I'm happy to look into it.

Best regards,

Evan V

Edit: I stand corrected with respect to the retro bonus applicability to stays that didn't post at all. You will need to allow 72 hours after your check out date for the stay to post to your account. If after 72 hours the stay has not posted please phone us and we will be happy to get it posted along with the Diamond Amenity Retro Bonus.

Originally Posted by 4aks
Over the past 3 months I've had multiple hotels neglect to give me the 500/1000 diamond amenity bonus points.

The last 3 times I've called customer service to correct this, I've only been given the standard/expected points.

I've let this slip in the past, if the hotel was good to me otherwise (e.g. put me into a better than expected room) but it's becoming the norm instead of the exception, and it's annoying me.

If the policy has changed, I should be notified.

Last edited by Gold Passport Concierge; Mar 29, 2015 at 11:26 am Reason: Grammar
Old Mar 21, 2015, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Good Morning 4aks,

Would you kindly PM your Gold Passport details along with the stay(s) in question? The retro amenity is still offered when the hotel posts the stay itself but misses the amenity. If the hotel misses the entire stay, the retro amenity doesn't apply. I'm not necessarily implying this was the case in your situation, which is why I'm happy to look into it.

Best regards,

Evan V
I sent a PM - of the 9 stays since January, the bonus was posted on only half of them, and of the others I had to call and follow-up on , none of them have retro bonuses.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 1:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
The retro amenity is still offered when the hotel posts the stay itself but misses the amenity. If the hotel misses the entire stay, the retro amenity doesn't apply.

Evan V

Say what Evan? There is a bonus if they almost get it right, but not if they completely space it?
Old Mar 21, 2015, 3:56 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Good Afternoon jayer,

The retro amenity is applicable only in the circumstance that the hotel gets the stay posted sans amenity. Since there are a myriad of ways an entire stay doesn't post (either deliberately or accidentally), the retro amenity isn't tailored to cover reservations that weren't posted at all. I completely understand the point of view that stays aren't posted at all should somehow be worth more for retroactively posting it, however that's a separate conversation I can't speak to.

Safe travels,

Evan V

Originally Posted by jayer
Say what Evan? There is a bonus if they almost get it right, but not if they completely space it?
Old Mar 21, 2015, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
I've had this happen multiple times over the past 2 years. I did not know I was supposed to get an additional bonus for the mistake. If I pull out all of the instances where I have contacted the hotel or GP to post the missing welcome amenity, can I have bonuses added? Why isn't it automatically added when someone posts the welcome bonus well after posting the stay?

PM'd you 5 stays where this occurred

Last edited by dlandz; Mar 21, 2015 at 6:04 pm
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:17 pm

I pretty much always ask for a bottle of wine and end up also getting the 1K amenity.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 8:00 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
In the past week I've DMed on here for diamond points that didn't post right. Both included the 50% bump. The title of this thread is incorrect.

On this note the level of service on FT by Hyatt is amazing.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I only missed one 1K amenity during 25+ stays last year. I didn't get 50% bonus when retro 1K posted but didn't bother to complain.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Colin
I pretty much always ask for a bottle of wine and end up also getting the 1K amenity.
Good for you. I always choose points as I don't drink and nothing else look appealing.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 10:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by austin_modern
In the past week I've DMed on here for diamond points that didn't post right. Both included the 50% bump. The title of this thread is incorrect.

On this note the level of service on FT by Hyatt is amazing.
+1 on both points.

The one time the 1000 point amenity did not show in my account the situation was quickly rectified, with additional bonus, via an e-mail to Gold Passport.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 12:11 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by TerryK
Good for you. I always choose points as I don't drink and nothing else look appealing.
In this forum, the proper response to anyone who mentions the idea of double Welcome Amenities is to blast them, repeatedly, even if they concede the point. I have recent experience.

Still, the title of this thread is misleading. HGP still posts the 50% bonus (known as the Retro bonus) in situations where it's applicable. I received a retro bonus just a few days ago.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 5: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B466 Safari/600.1.4)

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
Originally Posted by TerryK
In this forum, the proper response to anyone who mentions the idea of double Welcome Amenities is to blast them, repeatedly, even if they concede the point. I have recent experience.

Still, the title of this thread is misleading. HGP still posts the 50% bonus (known as the Retro bonus) in situations where it's applicable. I received a retro bonus just a few days ago.
Your comment is also misleading - no one will blast anyone if they don't insist on getting double amenities and the hotel gives it to them on its own. Your case was different but that's not the point here.

I also recently had a situation where only 1k points were posted to my account as a result of me calling in. Given multiple examples here it sounds like a refresher course is needed for many GP agents.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by todorovic
....I also recently had a situation where only 1k points were posted to my account as a result of me calling in. Given multiple examples here it sounds like a refresher course is needed for many GP agents.
Sounds like 50% bonus is still in effect but needs to be requested separately.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 2:27 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Not really... When you claim the amenity points just reminding them about the bonus should do the trick. Some agents know it already, some have forgotten.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.