Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Guaranteed Availability Transferable?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Alaska MVP 75, UA Silver, Starwod/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum

Hello,

I am trying to book a GUAR room for my friend. Would it be an issue if I am not staying with him? It looks like I could just book it online with his name and credit card... It is Hyatt Regency Tokyo during Hanami season and you know how strict hotels in Japan are when it comes to following rules...

Thanks.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:01 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by NotAnother
Hello,

I am trying to book a GUAR room for my friend. Would it be an issue if I am not staying with him? It looks like I could just book it online with his name and credit card... It is Hyatt Regency Tokyo during Hanami season and you know how strict hotels in Japan are when it comes to following rules...

Thanks.
No issue at all, hopefully he will get an upgrade over an actual diamond member and free breakfast for himself and up to three random strangers as well.

Last edited by spgplat21; Mar 12, 2015 at 2:22 pm
Old Mar 12, 2015, 12:47 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by NotAnother
Hello,

Thanks.
You probably know it can become a problem.... The guarantee is limited to "own personal use". And Japan is not the place to try circumventing the rules, and I applaud them for it.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Alaska MVP 75, UA Silver, Starwod/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by RTW1
You probably know it can become a problem.... The guarantee is limited to "own personal use". And Japan is not the place to try circumventing the rules, and I applaud them for it.
Thanks guys. I thought my friend would be taking a big risk. Fortunately, he found something on Airbnb..! At least he will have a roof over his head.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.