Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Stay credit and points arriving after midnight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stay credit and points arriving after midnight

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It's a good idea to contact the hotel in advance if you're going to be arriving after midnight. I did this recently for a 7 a.m. arrival at Andaz Wall Street and there were no problems getting credit for the first "night."
Old Mar 9, 2015, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat LT; Marriott Plat LT; Hyatt Diamond; Hertz Gold
All good advice from the board.... I'll give the diamond line a call when I have some time this week and will report back the outcome.

Thanks everyone
Old Mar 13, 2015, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat LT; Marriott Plat LT; Hyatt Diamond; Hertz Gold
Update - called the diamond line customer service, explained the issue, and had both issues resolved in under 10 minutes. The rep was actually a little surprised that I was charged an early departure fee in my 2nd issue, given that I stay at that property a lot. In both cases, the policy quoted by the global service desk was invalid - if you paid for a night, irrespective of how the individual property codes it (No Show, Early Departure, etc.) you should get the points.

However for early departures, you will get points but no night stay credit which I can understand.

Lessons learned:
1. Always call the Diamond desk to resolve customer service issues.... never the Global Desk
2. If checking out early from a stay, definitely check out with the front desk if you think they will not charge you for the night. If you want points and stay credit, just leave and get your folio by email
Old Mar 19, 2015, 6:18 pm
E1A

Programs: Hyatt, Starwood, Ritz, Accor, Hilton, Etihad, Emirates
I've had such issues many times. Since I am not in USA, its near impossible for me to sort out (no easy access to phone support, have to call International number at Int'l rates and then be put on hold for sometimes as long as 30 mins)

Your situation is wholly unacceptable and I've been nickel and dimed by HGP many times. My advise to members without direct phone support is to talk to your hotel's Gold Passport representative and ask them to chase after this.

Phone support makes it a lot easier since you can ask to speak to a Supervisor/manager and they tend to sort this stuff out fairly quickly as well.

Email and front line Customer support staff on the other hand have given me everything ranging from non-answers, scripted nonsensical answers to downright faulty info.

What really rankles is when they try to suggest these things could be a no show or phantom run and its twice as bad when there is a follow up reservation that might overlap.

Basically to summarise:
Don't give up, press the issue by one of the following methods:

If you have access to phone support, escalate (Diamond if you are Diamond. Supervisor/Manager otherwise)

If you have no access to phone support outside of US/UK etc, ask your hotel GP rep to take it up with them and resolve on your behalf.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 9:14 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by E1A
I've had such issues many times. Since I am not in USA, its near impossible for me to sort out (no easy access to phone support, have to call International number at Int'l rates and then be put on hold for sometimes as long as 30 mins)

Your situation is wholly unacceptable and I've been nickel and dimed by HGP many times. My advise to members without direct phone support is to talk to your hotel's Gold Passport representative and ask them to chase after this.

Phone support makes it a lot easier since you can ask to speak to a Supervisor/manager and they tend to sort this stuff out fairly quickly as well.

Email and front line Customer support staff on the other hand have given me everything ranging from non-answers, scripted nonsensical answers to downright faulty info.

What really rankles is when they try to suggest these things could be a no show or phantom run and its twice as bad when there is a follow up reservation that might overlap.

Basically to summarise:
Don't give up, press the issue by one of the following methods:

If you have access to phone support, escalate (Diamond if you are Diamond. Supervisor/Manager otherwise)

If you have no access to phone support outside of US/UK etc, ask your hotel GP rep to take it up with them and resolve on your behalf.
Since this is Flyertalk, I would suggest people in these situations (international), send a PM with details to our Gold Passport Concierge staff, they would most likely be able to resolve the problem for you since they are usually the best agents that Hyatt has. I wouldn't even bother with the property since many agents there don't know all the details of actions needed for a stay to post correctly.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
I was burned by this at HR Boston Lafayette.

My take-away was to always check, before departure, that the first night is not coded as a No-Show. In my case, it was 3 rooms (for 3 nights), so I lost a lot of points. There was an adjustment made, but my guess is I never got full credit.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Checking in after midnight shortens night credit?

So I had a reservation and arrived just after midnight, obviously I paid for 2 nights, but the folio has both nights charged on the same day and the summary shows only 1 night credit. Do I just call GP to fix this once it posts? It doesn't seem right that they would only credit 1 night just because one shows up after midnight.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 5: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B466 Safari/600.1.4)

There was essentially the same issue posted only a few days ago. Some hotels "close" their books for the day at the stroke of midnight and the system then misses the first night. A quick call should resolve this promptly.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
The same thing happened to us, we didn't arrive at the hotel until 6am but paid the full night rate, and the night credit didn't show up on our account. I emailed GP and they had me email a copy of the folio & then they fixed it promptly.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:17 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
I had a similar issue when checking out after midnight at HR Mumbai, for a 2:30 am flight. that night was not credited.
I simply called up CR and they immediately manually adjusted the credited nights.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's as simple as that.... automated systems that might give you less night credit when arriving/departing after/before cutoff than paid for, easily corrected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.