Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

hyatt.com redirecting to roomkey.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hyatt.com redirecting to roomkey.com

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:06 am

I was just on the Hyatt Wakkiki site, clicked rooms, and was redirected to Room Key. What the heck? On an IPad. All I want to see is the available rooms, and this is kicking me out and to a different site. It completely leaves the Hyatt site.

When I click rooms, the tab I am in goes blank, and room key opens in a new tab. Here is what's in the browser bar of the first tab.

data:text/html,<script>window.close();</script>

Hold press, open in new tab opens the proper link.

Crazy they let this happen.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:55 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
All I want to see is the available rooms, and this is kicking me out and to a different site.
Yup-- has been going on for about a week now. Considering how many people use mobile devices these days (and who may not have or may not want to download the Hyatt app), I'm surprised this hasn't been fixed yet.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
Yes this has been happening to me the last few weeks, it is extremely extremely annoying. No matter what link I click on, or if I do a room search I get that annoying popup
Old Feb 28, 2015, 6:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm surprised that various Hyatt hotels aren't complaining about this. A potential customer tries to book a Hyatt through hyatt.com and then room key tries to talk them into booking a different (nonHyatt) hotel. A hotel's agent/reservation service that the hotel is paying (and has a contract with for various management services and other representation) should not be sending would-be customers to competitors.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 9:29 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Can the Hyatt Conceirge folks here on Flyertalk please try to escalate this for us?!
This is new, it's happening every time on IPAD for the past week or two.
You can't easily research hotels without doing the hold down select menu workaround for rooms, rates. You can't even click on dining options or search dates once you've pulled up a list of hotels for a city without Roomkey taking over your session.
This didn't happen 2 weeks ago until Hyatt made web site updates.
Hyatt, you broke something please fix this ASAP!
Do we really need to email this issue to Jeff Zidell because no one is fixing it?
Do you not understand that not being able to easily book on an Apple device is a revenue kiss of death?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 5:26 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
Thanks very much jtaft I just downloaded ....... and immediately went to the Hyatt site and sure enough no RoomKey pop ups. I'm smiling and thankful for your tip.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:59 am

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Originally Posted by derby44
Thanks very much jtaft I just downloaded ....... and immediately went to the Hyatt site and sure enough no RoomKey pop ups. I'm smiling and thankful for your tip.
There is no ....... download I can find that runs on Safari and the Ipad though?!
The few out their I found can't use Safari so they make you use a random no name browser instead of Safari on the iPad running their ....... programs.
If you actually found an ....... that works with safari please post the link. Thanks!
Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:36 am

Bigshaker, I am a fan of ........ I actually run it on an Untangled Firewall so my iPad has blocked Ads. It's a pretty technical solution though, PM if you want more detaild info.

It does not actually fix this issue though, as my original page goes blank, and RoomKey opens in a new tab. If I block RoomKey, I'll just get 2 blank tabs.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:52 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by nmoe
You guys may want to consider getting ....... Plus. I use it on Chrome and don't see any popups. Just trying to help.
Can't do that at work.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Bigshaker
There is no ....... download I can find that runs on Safari and the Ipad though?!
The few out their I found can't use Safari so they make you use a random no name browser instead of Safari on the iPad running their ....... programs.
If you actually found an ....... that works with safari please post the link. Thanks!
There is one but you need to jailbreak your ipad to install it.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 4:22 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Roomkey is where I've made all my hotel reservations since a hotel helpfully redirected me there.

Said no one ever
Old Mar 6, 2015, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I constantly get the popup when searching with Marriott but never, not once, with Hyatt. This is all on Chrome.

Considering how often I search Hyatt and how infrequently I search Marriott I'm content for the time being.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 10:28 am

This issue appears to now be fixed!! Using IPad/IPhone Safari browser no longer pops up Roomkey website when searching hyatt.com. Fantastic!!
Old Apr 13, 2015, 12:09 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

I'm trying to browse the Park Hyatt Washington. Every time I click on a link it directs to roomkey. Not a pop up or pop under that I've encountered before but a straight redirection. Hyatt why are you making it so hard for me to get information about a particular hotel that I want to book!

FDW
Old Apr 13, 2015, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Check your browser settings. If you set them to open links in a new window you won't be redirected.

I find roomkey to be very annoying - and I have it open in a new window.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.