Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

20% point rebate for Hyatt CC holders (register by 3/31 - stay by 7/31)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2015, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: thucanhho
Terms & conditions:
The promotion is valid only for Hyatt Credit Cardmembers in good standing as of 1/31/2015 who receive this promotion from Hyatt and register for the promotion between 2/17/2015 and 3/31/2015. To qualify for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. Only points redeemed between 2/17/2015 and 7/31/2015 will be eligible for this promotion. If a redemption is connected to a stay, the entire stay must be completed by 7/31/2015. You will receive 20% back on the Hyatt Gold Passport points you redeem for award stays, points + cash, suite upgrades and dining and spa activities. Points redeemed for Avis car rental certificates or points transferred to airline partners are not eligible for this promotion. Please allow 4-6 weeks after your points redemption has been completed for your bonus Hyatt Gold Passport points to be loaded into your account.

This is not a targeted offer. PM Hyatt concierge or call customer service (or wait for an email) to be manually enrolled if the link does not work for you.
Print Wikipost

20% point rebate for Hyatt CC holders (register by 3/31 - stay by 7/31)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I haven't been getting any rebated points. Guess it's time to call HY.
I had to call multiple times to get my rebate. I was told (twice by two different agents) that the issue was that Chase did not relay the information about my stay (?) to HGP and the didn't know I was supposed to get the points. This doesn't make any sense to me since there are stays Chase doesn't know about (for example when I use my corporate CC to pay for the incidentals), but I digress. The points were ultimately posted after I got one of the supervisors from the Guest Relations (I was told that is the department in charge of this promo) to investigate. They certainly made me work for 30k points this time.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
I got a 2k points credit on April 2nd - I assume it is a rebate for the 10k points I spent in Huntington Beach a few weeks earlier (was a P+C)
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I just got 1K points (that's 20%) but it's just listed as "Bonus points". Is that how everyone else's 20% is posting?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox
I just got 1K points (that's 20%) but it's just listed as "Bonus points". Is that how everyone else's 20% is posting?
Yes. It will just be listed as "Bonus". The date doesn't correspond with the actual date of the stay, it is usually a few days after your stay that it gets posted.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I had a two night stay, booked as two concurrent one night award stays. The points for the second night came a week after the points came for the first night.

Looks like whomever is responsible for the reimbursement is processing them in numerical order of the reservation number?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 4:32 pm

Wrong thread

Last edited by robgrob; Apr 20, 2015 at 9:47 pm
Old Apr 21, 2015, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Shortly after my post indicating no rebates were posting one did appear.

As it's listed as bonus and dated adjacent to an unrelated stay on the same date I'm thinking it might be time to assemble a accrual spreadsheet similar to one that I keep for my flights.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by awaite01
Yes. It will just be listed as "Bonus". The date doesn't correspond with the actual date of the stay, it is usually a few days after your stay that it gets posted.
Funny, but my stay hasn't even posted yet. Time to call in I guess.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 8:32 pm

Issues with 20% points back promotiom

I made 2 reservations (1 for myself and 1 for another friend) for the same hotel and dates. I received 20% points back for the room that was in my name. However I still have not received 20% points back for the reservation I made for a friend (using my points ofcourse).

Hyatt customer service despite acknowledging that there is no restriction to the promotion if you use the points for someone else , has not helped resolve the issues at all.

I spoke with 3 frontline agents, 2 supervisors and 10 emails with no resolution to date. I dont even get a response to my emails to the GP team.

Iam pretty disappointed with the lack of any customer service from Hyatt/GP team. Do they even care about customers at all ? Has anyone else faced a similar situation ?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:12 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I face the same situation and I'm likewise frustrated. When I use points for my own stays, the 20% rebate posts within about a week. When I use them for someone else's stay, the rebate doesn't post at all. Very interested to learn of other people's experiences.
Originally Posted by runnnerdude2k2
I made 2 reservations (1 for myself and 1 for another friend) for the same hotel and dates. I received 20% points back for the room that was in my name. However I still have not received 20% points back for the reservation I made for a friend (using my points ofcourse).

Hyatt customer service despite acknowledging that there is no restriction to the promotion if you use the points for someone else , has not helped resolve the issues at all.

I spoke with 3 frontline agents, 2 supervisors and 10 emails with no resolution to date. I dont even get a response to my emails to the GP team.

Iam pretty disappointed with the lack of any customer service from Hyatt/GP team. Do they even care about customers at all ? Has anyone else faced a similar situation ?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Delta Diamond
This 20% back has been showing up consistently within 7 days after checkout
Old Apr 28, 2015, 2:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Southwest CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Missing points

Ive gone through the ringer trying to get my rebate on a stay from 7 weeks ago. Nobody has been able to help. I have diamond. Do they even know who I am?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 8:19 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Somehow this promotion escaped my purview until today. Missed the deadline to register by weeks. And I need to plan several award stays in July. Bummer!

I really need to spend more time on the Hyatt forum on FT.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by johnnyblaze007
This 20% back has been showing up consistently within 7 days after checkout
I've been at 12, 5, 8 days until the rebate hit and currently on day 13 for a stay without having received a rebate.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Intertraffic
Ive gone through the ringer trying to get my rebate on a stay from 7 weeks ago. Nobody has been able to help. I have diamond. Do they even know who I am?
Definitely PM the Concierge here on FT. I've found them to have magic wands that cut through just about any problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.