Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

20% point rebate for Hyatt CC holders (register by 3/31 - stay by 7/31)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2015, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: thucanhho
Terms & conditions:
The promotion is valid only for Hyatt Credit Cardmembers in good standing as of 1/31/2015 who receive this promotion from Hyatt and register for the promotion between 2/17/2015 and 3/31/2015. To qualify for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. Only points redeemed between 2/17/2015 and 7/31/2015 will be eligible for this promotion. If a redemption is connected to a stay, the entire stay must be completed by 7/31/2015. You will receive 20% back on the Hyatt Gold Passport points you redeem for award stays, points + cash, suite upgrades and dining and spa activities. Points redeemed for Avis car rental certificates or points transferred to airline partners are not eligible for this promotion. Please allow 4-6 weeks after your points redemption has been completed for your bonus Hyatt Gold Passport points to be loaded into your account.

This is not a targeted offer. PM Hyatt concierge or call customer service (or wait for an email) to be manually enrolled if the link does not work for you.
Print Wikipost

20% point rebate for Hyatt CC holders (register by 3/31 - stay by 7/31)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2015, 3:50 pm

Can this stack with the 30% points purchase discount...?
Old Feb 17, 2015, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Can this stack with the 30% points purchase discount...?
If you insist on calling it "stacking", then of course you can do both. Purchasing points is completely different from using points.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 4:18 pm

Hyatt why do you do this to me!

I'm planning a Sydney trip in August, but also have dates in May and September that would also work. August is essentially the best dates but that counts me out and in my case is a loss of 20% back on my 120,000 point redemption for four nights.

What makes things more annoying is that 24,000 is exactly the number of points that I would need + the annual free night 1-4 cat. on the Hyatt card for the Hyatt Place in Honolulu.

So if that is my redemption I'm loosing ~$440 in point value.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

In a little under a month's time, a club room at Hyatt Regency Osaka has dropped from 17000 points to 12000 points, and now to a net total of 9600 points. ^

And with points purchased at 30% discount, the final discounts put this room at over half off!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 4:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
Same here.

PM Hyatt Concierge or call CS to register. I did when the link showed that I was not eligible. This is NOT a targeted offer.

This would be a nice time to gift someone with an award stay w/ the newly permitted diamond benefits at a discount.

Last edited by thucanhho; Feb 17, 2015 at 4:39 pm
Old Feb 17, 2015, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Of course, I have a P+C stay booked for the night of 7/31 checking out 8/1. Any guesses as to whether this stay will qualify?
Originally Posted by thucanhho
T&C: If a redemption is connected to a stay, the entire stay must be completed by 7/31/2015
For ease of reference, I've pasted the T&C into a new wiki for this thread.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 5:26 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
22 nights now booked during the promo period, and looking for more opportunities to stay with Hyatt during the period. Well played, Hyatt!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Apparently Hyatt has confirmed that new card holders (after 1/31) are automatically enrolled in the promotion.

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.co...att-20-rebate/
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
So, this is essentially the new My Elite Rate, only better. One of my main rewards programs (Southwest) is currently crapping the bed, but Hyatt (as usual) is making up for it.
20% rebate on reward bookings, not revenue.

Originally Posted by hailstorm
I rebooked all my point stays to be safe.
Gold Passport Concierge - can you comment please?

Congrats to Hyatt on this surprise bonus. Reaffirms my reason to have a Hyatt CC and stay at Hyatt. ^
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:48 pm

Amazing we start an award stay tomorrow and another in June so getting 28,000 points back. Thanks Hyatt - glad I've moved all my stays your way.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:53 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hello Flyertalkers!

I just wanted to clarify that all award redemption stays made by Hyatt Credit Card members will be eligible for the 20% bonus as long as the member has registered for the promotion prior to 3/31/15. This includes reservations made prior to 2/17/15 for stays between 2/17/15 and 7/31/15.

Safe travels,

Sarah
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:04 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by thucanhho
PM Hyatt Concierge or call CS to register. I did when the link showed that I was not eligible. This is NOT a targeted offer.

This would be a nice time to gift someone with an award stay w/ the newly permitted diamond benefits at a discount.
Thanks; I just PM'd the Concierge. Don't know why I'm not considered eligible if it's not targeted. I've had the Hyatt Visa for several years.

Edit: I'm registered! Thanks Concierge!

Last edited by iflyjetz; Feb 17, 2015 at 10:10 pm
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hello Flyertalkers!

I just wanted to clarify that all award redemption stays made by Hyatt Credit Card members will be eligible for the 20% bonus as long as the member has registered for the promotion prior to 3/31/15. This includes reservations made prior to 2/17/15 for stays between 2/17/15 and 7/31/15.

Safe travels,

Sarah
Thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:21 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), AA Platinum Pro
Bravo to Hyatt's marketing team...

Definitely replanted out a few trips coming up to get some more Hyatt's some love.

Even better that it's for all members with the Hyatt Visa, not just unfairly targeted groups.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:33 pm

Hyatt/Chase: Forget Diamond for $50k spend. Give us a 20% redemption on all points redeemed in a calendar year if we spend $50k, or even $60k and I'll be happy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.