Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Suite Upgrade rules

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2015, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by italdesign
Quick question. I understand DSUs need to be applied by the expiration date. The stay can be later. If I'm no longer Diamond by the time of the stay, any issue?
No, there's not. But you would not receive additional Diamond benefits during the stay.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 3:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by italdesign
Quick question. I understand DSUs need to be applied by the expiration date. The stay can be later. If I'm no longer Diamond by the time of the stay, any issue?
If you have some flexibility in choosing where you want to use the DSUs after loosing Diamond status, some properties offer lounge access for all suites, so you would get lounge access along with the suite.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 5:22 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Just managed Diamond. Account has been updated but cannot see the DSUs. Does it usually take a little time for them to post?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Just managed Diamond. Account has been updated but cannot see the DSUs. Does it usually take a little time for them to post?
Be patient. It might take a few days but they'll be there.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 8:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
If you have some flexibility in choosing where you want to use the DSUs after loosing Diamond status, some properties offer lounge access for all suites, so you would get lounge access along with the suite.
Is there somewhere a list of Hyatt hotels that offer lounge access for all suites?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 9:20 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by serpens
Is there somewhere a list of Hyatt hotels that offer lounge access for all suites?
No there isn't. Generally speaking domestic US properties' suites do not automatically come with club lounge access while most international properties' do. YMMV though.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 10:06 am

I would say that 90% of all Hyatts 1. outside of North America and 2. offering a lounge, will allow suite guests to use the lounge.

But you can usually check the room descriptions and it will tell you whether club access is included or not.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
I might have a 8 night booking coming up, what are valid options to confirm a suite upgrade?
1) Book 8 Nights and spent two DSUs?
2) Book 7+1 nights and spend two DSUs
3) Book 7 nights + 1 suite night and spend 1 DSU

Which rates are eligble?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
All rates shown on hyatt.com are eligible.

You're best bet would be to book 8 nights and try to apply a DSU for 7 nights (it's not easy these days) and hope they won't make you move. Chances are they won't.

Your next best option if you want to be certain you don't have to move is #1.

This is all very highly dependent upon the dates you're traveling and the property. If it's a resort in high season, you can pretty much forget about using the DSU.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Totally agree, be patient, otherwise call hyatt gold passport service , they are outstanding
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I remember reading this before and had it happen last time but I don't remember the answer. I used a DSU and right now the price shows as suite rate, not what I booked at. How long before it should be fixed? just want to verify that agent didn't screw up. I still have the award in my account too.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cdancer20
I remember reading this before and had it happen last time but I don't remember the answer. I used a DSU and right now the price shows as suite rate, not what I booked at. How long before it should be fixed? just want to verify that agent didn't screw up. I still have the award in my account too.
Happened to me last night. I received 2 change e-mails in succession. One with the suite price, the second with the initial rate I booked.
I would give it a day or so, and just call Hyatt if not. Won't be a problem.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Thanks.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Originally Posted by stargold
This has the unintended (and potentially lucrative) benefit that some properties will show no base rooms, no C+P, but will allow C+P plus DSU because the suite (and the associated C+P plus DSU) inventory remains available.
Ran into the opposite of this. Have P&C reservation and tried to apply DSU and was told no availability. However, the agent confirmed that there was availability if I booked a cash rate. GH Berlin in case anyone is curious.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:11 pm

Not sure if this was asked or addressed elsewhere in the thread. But interested in knowing if Hyatt bookings made via the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal can be eligible for applying DSU certificates. Since technically it is the full cash rate that Hyatt is receiving presumably?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.