Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Where did you spend your Chase Free Night certificate?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where did you spend your Chase Free Night certificate?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by YoProWithAGoPro
PWhat status are you guys receiving upgrades at - diamond?
Platinum here.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 6:17 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I got the Hyatt Visa in Nov. 2013 & used my 2 any-category free nights in Aruba in March 2014! Vs. ~US$700 buxanite all-in!
My new max. Cat 4 free night was earmarked for Vancouver this July 29 (C$375 a night all-in) for Fireworks Night, but it's a Cat. 3 & I've been targeted for the 20% rebate of points, so I've changed to 2 nights there @9600 net !

Last edited by Brendan; Mar 23, 2015 at 11:25 pm
Old Feb 5, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat
PH Tokyo
PH Zurich
Old Feb 6, 2015, 8:31 am

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Hyatt Mission Bay

Edit; thought this was thread on Annual Cat 1-4 Free night. I used mine at PH Vendome
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
PH Sydney. Stayed over the holidays when rack rate was AUD$900/night
Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:03 pm

Andaz Maui in a suite.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:30 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
I don't travel internationally and was happy to use mine at Andaz Wall St. and GH San Francisco.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
My annual expires end of June. I'll have to figure something out before then. Maybe somewhere in Eastern Europe.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 7:40 am

Using all 4 nights at Maldives this may (me + SO 2x 2 free nights)
Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Maldives of course, upgraded to OW #51
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pickles1107
Andaz Maui in a suite.
I assume you just booked regular room and were upgraded at CI?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
I just got approved for the card (still waiting for it to arrive, $1k spend shouldn't be a problem). I'll be in Tokyo in late May and am planning to use it for the PH Tokyo.

It's a relatively easy process and i shouldn't need to worry about availability of rooms in late May if I book in early March, right?

Can't wait to use it!
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by canyonleo
Maldives of course, upgraded to OW #51
I asked to be upgraded to a high number, but he told me that they couldn't guarantee that. How did you do it?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by TelAvivLife
I asked to be upgraded to a high number, but he told me that they couldn't guarantee that. How did you do it?
Upgrade was by no means guaranteed. First, it was in the first year of the resort, and since they've introduced paid upgrading (wasn't available then) and tightened up on Diamond/comp upgrading we read here in FT. Second, it was a different GM (who knows if that had any impact). Next, house was only about 50% occupied, so they seemed to take the attitude of "why not upgrade a Diamond to better/best available. Next, two of my nine nights were CC nights (other seven were Passport Escape) which back then were for a suite for Diamonds (while all 51 rooms are "suites" at this resort, or none are, they did back then make an effort to treat those as an automatic upgrade of some sort).

Last, I did communicate with the hotel of my preference for OW, more than once, by phone and email, so that likely contributed to some extent.

Could one get #51 (or say any OW) with merely a non-pool land villa res? Most likely not... but with some advance communication, a low occupancy rate, and Diamond status it might be possible... or maybe paid upgrades have eliminated even a remote possibility of such an upgrade (at CI of course).
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by canyonleo
Upgrade was by no means guaranteed. First, it was in the first year of the resort, and since they've introduced paid upgrading (wasn't available then) and tightened up on Diamond/comp upgrading we read here in FT. Second, it was a different GM (who knows if that had any impact). Next, house was only about 50% occupied, so they seemed to take the attitude of "why not upgrade a Diamond to better/best available. Next, two of my nine nights were CC nights (other seven were Passport Escape) which back then were for a suite for Diamonds (while all 51 rooms are "suites" at this resort, or none are, they did back then make an effort to treat those as an automatic upgrade of some sort).

Last, I did communicate with the hotel of my preference for OW, more than once, by phone and email, so that likely contributed to some extent.

Could one get #51 (or say any OW) with merely a non-pool land villa res? Most likely not... but with some advance communication, a low occupancy rate, and Diamond status it might be possible... or maybe paid upgrades have eliminated even a remote possibility of such an upgrade (at CI of course).
we paid to upgrade to OWB... (a heavy price tag I might add) I did tell them I preferred a higher number, but he said he couldn't guarantee anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.