Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best in the System: Cat. 4

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:42 pm

We have been pleased with anniversary cert redemptions at....

GH - Melbourne - Fantastic lounge!
GH - Seoul
GH - Dubai
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:08 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
I am happy to see the Hyatt French Quarter in NOLA will soon be a Cat 4 option, I always enjoy my stays there. On event weekends the rates can get crazy, so it's nice to have the option of reasonable points or a credit card freebie night.

The Hyatt Regency TST in Hong Kong is great, beautiful lounge with incredible views and great staff.

Also another overlooked gem is the Hyatt Regency Tokyo. It stands in the shadow of the Grande Dame that is the Park Hyatt, the property on every HGP member's bucket list (and rightfully so). Just blocks away in the same neighborhood the Hyatt Regency is wonderful, with another great staff and nice lounge. Unbelievably, it is only a Cat 3. I am almost sad I discovered it, as I can't bring myself to justify spending more than twice the points on the Park Hyatt anymore! If you have never been to the Park Hyatt, and are on that once-in-a-lifetime trip, by all means book the Park Hyatt. But if you are a frequent return visitor like I am, once you stay at the Hyatt Regency you may never look back.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:36 am

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
I enjoy grand hyatt Seattle
Old Jan 17, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa near Fort Myers FL is moving from Cat. 5 -->4 on Jan. 22. April AAA rates including tax & $28 a night Resort Fee ( Boo! Hiss) are >$600 buxanite!!
It's on a wide bay in the Intracoastal Waterway--not even Gulffront, but provides a ferry to its private Gulf Beach island to guests.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 2:22 am

Will be using my free Hyatt Card Anniversary Award Night at the newly opened category 4 Grand Hyatt Lijiang and then flying to Siem Reap staying at PH using points.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:24 pm

from a value standpoint, HR TST in hong kong can provide a great return.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Wish the PH Shanghai was 4 not 5, but gladly spent my earned free night certs at GH Shanghai.
Old May 25, 2015, 10:14 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
For anyone that might be interested, I put together a map of all of the 72 Hyatt Category 4 properties and tried to rank the best of the 72 available. Link to map: http://weekendblitz.com/hyatt-top-16...gory-4-hotels/

The ranking, which is somewhat subjective, took into account average price (calculated by taking 2 data points from a sample booking), TripAdvisor rating and overall appeal/reputation (i.e. cheaper a resort or Park Hyatt will be ranked higher than an expensive Hyatt Place in a downtown city).

16. Andaz Savannah

TripAdvisor: 4.5
Sample price: $278.50

15. Hyatt Escala Lodge at Park City

Hyatt Escala Lodge at Park City
Sample price: $511.50

14. Park Hyatt Toronto

Sample price: $251.50

13. Park Hyatt Busan

Sample price: $284

12. Hyatt French Quarter New Orleans

Sample price: $303

11. Grand Hyatt Dubai

Sample price: $315

10. Park Hyatt Saigon

Sample price: $321

9. Park Hyatt Siem Reap

TripAdvisor: 5
Sample price: $335.50

8. Hyatt at Olive 8

Sample price: $361.50

7. Grand Hyatt Berlin

Sample price: $382

6. Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa

Sample price: $509.50

5. Park Hyatt Hamburg

Sample price: $330.50

4. Grand Hyatt Seattle

Sample price: $361.50

3. Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur

Sample price: $210

2. Grand Hyatt Melbourne

Sample price: $239.50

1. Andaz Peninsula Papagayo Resort

Sample price: $523

----------------------------------

Which ones have I missed? Are there any that you think I should have on the list?

Map of all Cat 4 properties can be found here: http://weekendblitz.com/hyatt-top-16...gory-4-hotels/
Old May 25, 2015, 10:55 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I admire the effort which went into this. I like the concise write-up and photos.

It seems to me that too much importance is assigned to the "name", i.e. Park Hyatt > Grand Hyatt > Hyatt Regency > Hyatt. I wonder what the ratings would look like if the "appeal factor of the property's name" were absent? This is not a complaint: I admire the quality of the work. I'm just curious what the ratings would look like if the "name of the hotel" were not a rating a factor.

Last edited by CloudCoder; May 26, 2015 at 9:17 am
Old May 25, 2015, 10:02 pm
LTH

Programs: AA EXP, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
I am happy to see the Hyatt French Quarter in NOLA will soon be a Cat 4 option, I always enjoy my stays there. On event weekends the rates can get crazy, so it's nice to have the option of reasonable points or a credit card freebie night.

The Hyatt Regency TST in Hong Kong is great, beautiful lounge with incredible views and great staff.

Also another overlooked gem is the Hyatt Regency Tokyo. It stands in the shadow of the Grande Dame that is the Park Hyatt, the property on every HGP member's bucket list (and rightfully so). Just blocks away in the same neighborhood the Hyatt Regency is wonderful, with another great staff and nice lounge. Unbelievably, it is only a Cat 3. I am almost sad I discovered it, as I can't bring myself to justify spending more than twice the points on the Park Hyatt anymore! If you have never been to the Park Hyatt, and are on that once-in-a-lifetime trip, by all means book the Park Hyatt. But if you are a frequent return visitor like I am, once you stay at the Hyatt Regency you may never look back.
Agree 100% about HRT!
Old May 26, 2015, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Andaz Shanghai deserves consideration for best in Category 4. Wow factor, great room upgrade for Diamonds, very friendly staff.

Now trying out the GH Shanghai, which has the advantage of amazing views of the Bund.
Old May 27, 2015, 4:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Andaz Shanghai deserves consideration for best in Category 4. Wow factor, great room upgrade for Diamonds, very friendly staff.

Now trying out the GH Shanghai, which has the advantage of amazing views of the Bund.
But, the huge disadvantage of being on the wrong side of the river (I live very close to the Andaz, and while I'm not a huge fan of 新天地, it is much better situated than "North" Bund, let alone 陆家嘴.)
Old May 27, 2015, 8:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
In all this I haven't seen the Grand Hyatt Istanbul mentioned. We stayed at the Park Hyatt (a cat. 5 hotel) but the Grand seemed very nice, too.

Agree about the PH Hamburg and the GH Berlin. And the Thailand properties.
Old May 27, 2015, 9:05 am

My favorite is Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok. But for just two free CC retention nights, why not just decide based upon cost avoidance?

The prospect of two free nights at a category four Hyatt would not be enough to affect where I chose to travel.
Old May 27, 2015, 11:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I wonder how the rankings would change if Diamond elite benefits were considered, including the availability and qualify of lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.