Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Quick Qualifying Elite Trial i(1/15) - MASTER THREAD - ENDED 7/31/15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ATWBY2020
EXPIRED JULY 31st 2015

2015-08-20
this promotion closed on 31-July.
It's not "closed" per say but on a temporary hiatus with no ETA of when/if it will return.

NO LONGER BY INVITE ONLY

To qualify for this offer, new members must enroll and current members must register between June 1, 2015 and April 30,2016.
member will receive a trial Platinum membership for 60 days. To maintain Platinum membership through February 2017, member must complete six (6) eligible nights at any participating Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. If member completes twelve (12) eligible nights at any participating Hyatt worldwide within 60 days, member will receive Diamond membership through February 2017.

Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Platinum 15% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the night requirements, they will receive a new membership card valid through February 2017, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one Elite Tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any participating Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. Eligible nights at M life resorts will not count toward promotion. An eligible rate is defined in the complete Hyatt Gold Passport terms and conditions.
Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

This promotion is subject to the complete terms and conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program, available at goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Centric™, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Zilara™, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2015 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any other assistance with your Hyatt Gold Passport account.
Print Wikipost

Quick Qualifying Elite Trial i(1/15) - MASTER THREAD - ENDED 7/31/15

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2015, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Platinum
Exclamation Quick Qualifying Elite Trial i(1/15) - MASTER THREAD - ENDED 7/31/15

So I just called Hyatt CS and asked for the Quick Qualifying Elite Trial (Previously known as the Diamond Trial). They asked for my Account Number and the whole typical process when you make a call. So long as you are currently a Platinum member or Gold member, you should qualify for this trial.

Within minutes the CSR confirmed that I am know in the Quick Qualifying Elite Trial which for my case is 12 nights in 60 days to receive Diamond Status till February 2016! I also asked if I did indeed meet the 25 stays / 50 nights this year if I will get diamond for the remainder of 2016 and he confirmed that I indeed would.

I'm not sure when eligibility to sign up for this trial ends. I also asked if I could receive an email confirmation for this trial but he said that there isn't one for this.

The number to call for U.S is (800) 228-3360.

Enjoy!!

EDIT: I called again to try and get some more details. You must sign up by May 31st and registration began Jan 1st. There really is no benefits during this trial unlike the actual Diamond Challenge from the previous year. No point bonus during the first 6 stays, no platinum/diamond benefits, unless you complete your 6 nights to get Platinum, and 12 nights to get Diamond. This really is just a quick qualifying elite trial.

Last edited by Jerryf08; Jan 5, 2015 at 3:33 pm
Old Jan 5, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Companion Pass. Marriott Gold. National Executive
Hello. Long time lurker, first time posting.

I called the number provided and spoke with Brittney. After 14 minutes on the phone we determined the offer wouldn't work in my case. I was told the only current offer they have running at the moment is one where if you had earned 50k points or 40 nights in 2014 you could get the bump. I asked her to check to be sure the Quick Qualifying Elite Trial, formally known as Diamond trial wasn't running and she assured me it wasn't.

I've been Gold or Platinum with Marriott for the past decade and recently decided to test the waters elsewhere. Marriott has really run their rewards program into the ground over the years and it's just not as attractive. In any case, all of my friends have great things to say about Hyatt so I've been trying, with no success to get a match or challenge.

Sadly they haven't seemed willing to work with me. One would think that they'd put more effort into attracting someone who spends $7k at hotels per year.

I understand some abuse the challenges but with a decade of status with a single brand, clearly I'm not "that" guy.

In any case, I'll be following this thread for developments. I'm traveling all next week so I'll need to figure out if I want to give my money to Marriott or schlep it as a hotel Kettle w/ Hyatt. Decisions, decisions.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

That's strange, the person I talked with was named Nick. As soon as I mentioned "Quick Qualifying Elite Trial" he knew exactly what I was talking about. It's highly possible that not every CSR is aware of it. If I were you I would probably call periodically and maybe you'll get a CSR that knows about it.

It is also possible that there may be some conditions to be eligible for the trial that I am unaware of. Hopefully someone can get some more information of all the terms and conditions.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
User47 is correct. It is basically a bump up to Diamond for those who didn't qualify last year and didn't want or care to do mattress runs to end the year as Diamonds.

We were going to move 12 nights from Kimpton and SPG to Hyatt if my TH qualified.

We already receive great service at the four Hyatt hotels we stay at on a regular basis as PLTs so we'll just cultivate genuine relationships with the GM and GRM at these properties instead and stay at other hotels (chains or not) that suit our travel needs.

FWIW, She didn't care about getting status during the trial, but after moving the majority of her stays for the rest of 2015, it would have been nice.

lala
Old Jan 5, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
So no status during the trial?

ALso, is this trial available for people that had Diamond (and took the trial) in the past?
Old Jan 5, 2015, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by doss1
So no status during the trial?

ALso, is this trial available for people that had Diamond (and took the trial) in the past?
Read above. It is reported as being for those who had 40 nights or 50k points last year.

I doubt they would really care about whether or not you did a trial before if you meet those kind of stats.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 3:54 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hello Flyertalkers,

The Elite Tier Offer is not an open, public offer. This is a special offer that may only be extended by our hotels' sales offices.

To participate, you would need to speak with the sales office of a property you frequent to consider submission of your information for registration in this particular promotion.

Safe travels,

Evan V
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Evan, would it be possible to describe that offer (or provide a code) so at least people know what to discuss with hotel sales office? Is it as described in op?

I may need to spend a couple weeks at location with hyatt and a possibility to qualify through some sort of fasttrack may justify a meaningful cost difference...

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hello
Flyertalkers,

The Elite Tier Offer is not an open, public offer. This is a special offer that may only be extended by our hotels' sales offices.

To participate, you would need to speak with the sales office of a property you frequent to consider submission of your information for registration in this particular promotion.

Safe travels,

Evan V
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hello Flyertalkers,

Safe travels,

Evan V
So am I in this quick qualifying trial? When I was talking to the CSRs, they were pretty confident in what I was talking about and said that I was signed up.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:59 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by Jerryf08
So am I in this quick qualifying trial? When I was talking to the CSRs, they were pretty confident in what I was talking about and said that I was signed up.
Good Evening Jerryf08,

While I can't speak to whichever circumstances led to your being offered this promotion, I'd be more than happy to verify your registration in this offer if you were to PM me your account details.

Best regards,

Evan V
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Double exclamation points in the title seems like overkill at this point...
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:27 pm

Quick Qualifying Elite Trial is Here!! (1/15) - MASTER THREAD - Invite only

Although I'm delaying signing up until next week I was told on the phone that I'm eligible and I've spent a grand total of two lifetime nights at a Hyatt...
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:33 pm

If the targetted thing is true, it is interesting to note that they have gone from the most generous status matcher (with the accompanying level of abuse) to the most restrictive in one go.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:45 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Still a decent way to get top status in only 12 nights instead of 50.
I will be at 16 nights in about a week but will still need to do the other 34.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 12:49 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 1:36 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.