Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Quick Qualifying Elite Trial i(1/15) - MASTER THREAD - ENDED 7/31/15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ATWBY2020
EXPIRED JULY 31st 2015

2015-08-20
this promotion closed on 31-July.
It's not "closed" per say but on a temporary hiatus with no ETA of when/if it will return.

NO LONGER BY INVITE ONLY

To qualify for this offer, new members must enroll and current members must register between June 1, 2015 and April 30,2016.
member will receive a trial Platinum membership for 60 days. To maintain Platinum membership through February 2017, member must complete six (6) eligible nights at any participating Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. If member completes twelve (12) eligible nights at any participating Hyatt worldwide within 60 days, member will receive Diamond membership through February 2017.

Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Platinum 15% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the night requirements, they will receive a new membership card valid through February 2017, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one Elite Tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any participating Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. Eligible nights at M life resorts will not count toward promotion. An eligible rate is defined in the complete Hyatt Gold Passport terms and conditions.
Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

This promotion is subject to the complete terms and conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program, available at goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Centric™, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Zilara™, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2015 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any other assistance with your Hyatt Gold Passport account.
Print Wikipost

Quick Qualifying Elite Trial i(1/15) - MASTER THREAD - ENDED 7/31/15

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AtlantaAngel
HYATT CONCIERGE:

Can you please answer this question (which I also asked earlier today). It's unclear HOW to get a hotel to sign us up for this. Thanks
Why do you think they are obligated to tell you about internal policies?

I think it's obvious from their silence: if you have to ask about it, it's not for you.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
This is quite a confusing promotion. Ill be staying 15 nights in a 40 day period....across 4 properties....in 2 countries.....for different amount of time....who do I ask for the invitation....the place im staying the longest (which happens to be in Mainland China)....
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:40 pm

HYATT CONCIERGE:

Can you please answer this question (which I also asked earlier today). It's unclear HOW to get a hotel to sign us up for this. Thanks
They monitor this thread and can read properly capitalized words, as well. I've found them quite helpful, no need to use all caps to get their attention.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So from this article:

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....allenge-offer/
  1. They eliminated the tier matching, and the status challenge that gave immediate temporary diamond status, because only a small percentage of people went on to maintain the status.
  2. Hyatt doesn’t currently have a way to offer their top tier without also giving out confirmed suite upgrades
  3. The new offer, at this point, really is meant to be limited and a sales tool.
#1 Explains why they have stopped offering the challenge, and #2 explains why they cannot offer a more limited version.

But, if the vast majority of people were just using the challenge to leech temporary Diamond benefits, then a fast track offer that does not provide those benefits up front would not be of interest to the leechers. So why would the new offer need to be limited?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:55 pm

From my understanding of that article it was always meant to be limited, even before. What I don't get is why there isn't a policy to allow competitor elites to take it without having to call the hotels and ask. If someone is a butt-in-bed elite with another brand then it makes sense that GP should be able to process and add them.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
HYATT CONCIERGE:

This.

Actually, better question... WHO at a hotel is capable of referring you?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:47 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Good Afternoon!

The best way is to contact the Sales Team or Director of Sales at a Hyatt that you frequently stay at.

Thanks!
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Good Afternoon!

The best way is to contact the Sales Team or Director of Sales at a Hyatt that you frequently stay at.

Thanks!
Thanks!
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Just called GP. I've spoke to two separate agents.
The first agent claimed that he wasn't aware of any promotion like that. After I've asked him to double-check, he came back and confirmed that there is indeed no promotion of that kind.
The second agent initially mentioned about the old diamond challenge and how it was discontinued. After double-checking, she came back and said that there is a current promotion, but in order to qualify, you have to have stayed at least 40 nights at Hyatt in 2014.

Guess that means more calls for tomorrow
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:51 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jona970318
Just called GP. I've spoke to two separate agents.
The first agent claimed that he wasn't aware of any promotion like that. After I've asked him to double-check, he came back and confirmed that there is indeed no promotion of that kind.
The second agent initially mentioned about the old diamond challenge and how it was discontinued. After double-checking, she came back and said that there is a current promotion, but in order to qualify, you have to have stayed at least 40 nights at Hyatt in 2014.

Guess that means more calls for tomorrow
What are you trying to accomplish? Didn't you read the second post above yours?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
What are you trying to accomplish? Didn't you read the second post above yours?
Maybe if everyone ties up Hyatt Customer Support with calls like this, we can force them to make a more transparent policy!
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Good Afternoon raden,

Yes, P+C is considered an eligible night.

Thanks!
@ Gold Passport Concierge - thank you for confirming!!
Old Jan 17, 2015, 7:47 am

Based on the above is the hard thing is they've gone from allowing the challenge to anyone to only people who have stayed a lot at Hyatts, which excludes anyone who previously stayed at different hotels. Isn't be point of a challenge to get competition from rivals? How many people would have stayed at a Hyatt 40 nights with no awareness that another 10 or just credit card spend would get you Diamond?

I travel a lot but have no status with anyone. Now I have consolidated so I have reservations for 40+ nights at Hyatts this year and can get the next 10 via the credit card but it's going to take the entire year to get there. I was originally hoping to get the challenge so I could enjoy the benefits in the middle of the year for a trip. But since I didn't stay at Hyatts previously I don't have anyone to nominate me for this.

I may try calling the Hyatt where I have the most reservations this year. My nights are scattered across a lot of different Hyatts, though, so it's not like I have 20 at one. Oh well.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 2:41 pm

The offer is real ^

"You are now enrolled in the the 2015 Hyatt Gold Passport Quick Qualify Offer. To maintain Platinum status you must stay 6 nights in 60 days which then you will automatically be registered for Quick Qualify to Diamond. To achieve Diamond thru Febr 2016, you must complete 12 nights in those 60 days. Your 60 days does begin today, XXXX."

Hopefully knowing the specific name of this offer helps someone else out.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; IHG Platinum; Emerald Exec Elite
Originally Posted by mster
The offer is real ^

"You are now enrolled in the the 2015 Hyatt Gold Passport Quick Qualify Offer. To maintain Platinum status you must stay 6 nights in 60 days which then you will automatically be registered for Quick Qualify to Diamond. To achieve Diamond thru Febr 2016, you must complete 12 nights in those 60 days. Your 60 days does begin today, XXXX."

Hopefully knowing the specific name of this offer helps someone else out.

Good news! So how did you get it? Were you able to simply call a Hyatt CSR and get it that way (as as couple folks have reported being able to do), or did you seek a nomination from a hotel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.