Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Quick Qualifying Elite Trial i(1/15) - MASTER THREAD - ENDED 7/31/15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ATWBY2020
EXPIRED JULY 31st 2015

2015-08-20
this promotion closed on 31-July.
It's not "closed" per say but on a temporary hiatus with no ETA of when/if it will return.

NO LONGER BY INVITE ONLY

To qualify for this offer, new members must enroll and current members must register between June 1, 2015 and April 30,2016.
member will receive a trial Platinum membership for 60 days. To maintain Platinum membership through February 2017, member must complete six (6) eligible nights at any participating Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. If member completes twelve (12) eligible nights at any participating Hyatt worldwide within 60 days, member will receive Diamond membership through February 2017.

Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Platinum 15% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the night requirements, they will receive a new membership card valid through February 2017, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one Elite Tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any participating Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. Eligible nights at M life resorts will not count toward promotion. An eligible rate is defined in the complete Hyatt Gold Passport terms and conditions.
Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

This promotion is subject to the complete terms and conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program, available at goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Centric™, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Zilara™, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2015 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any other assistance with your Hyatt Gold Passport account.
Print Wikipost

Quick Qualifying Elite Trial i(1/15) - MASTER THREAD - ENDED 7/31/15

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:55 am

Restrictive simply in the sense that (if true) it is invitation only, and not open to whoever wants to sign up (whether or not proof of competing chain status is required).

Also note SPG challenge is 18 nights in 90 days, which makes it the same "rate" of 6 nights per 30 days as the Hyatt.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 2:01 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 12:11 am
Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:13 am

If you want to wait until the end of the year, then yes

For me personally, I would prefer to enjoy the Plat benefits as soon as I have accrued the 18 nights for the challenge. Which, incidentally, will be at the end of this month

Forgot to mention, in my experience outside of North America, SPG properties in the majority of major cities are significantly cheaper than Hyatt counterparts, making it very easy to "top up" any shortfall in the challenge period.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:29 am

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 5:15 pm
Old Jan 6, 2015, 11:52 am

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Just called. Was told that in order to qualify for the trial, you need to have 50,000 base points or 40 nights stay in 2014.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Platinum
I called again and they confirmed that I am in fact registered for this quick qualifying elite trial. They did say though that you do need to be referred by a hotel to become registered. Which is strange because I was able to call and get registered.

Also, I think the offer for having 50,000 base points or 40 nights in 2014 is a completely different offer? Basically in this offer, they would give you the 10 night boost to qualify for diamond status in 2015.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by user47
Hello. Long time lurker, first time posting.

I called the number provided and spoke with Brittney. After 14 minutes on the phone we determined the offer wouldn't work in my case. I was told the only current offer they have running at the moment is one where if you had earned 50k points or 40 nights in 2014 you could get the bump. I asked her to check to be sure the Quick Qualifying Elite Trial, formally known as Diamond trial wasn't running and she assured me it wasn't.

I've been Gold or Platinum with Marriott for the past decade and recently decided to test the waters elsewhere. Marriott has really run their rewards program into the ground over the years and it's just not as attractive. In any case, all of my friends have great things to say about Hyatt so I've been trying, with no success to get a match or challenge.

Sadly they haven't seemed willing to work with me. One would think that they'd put more effort into attracting someone who spends $7k at hotels per year.
Please don't take this the wrong way, but $7,000 in annual spend does not put you into the HVC ranks, particularly if it is spread around two or more chains.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:41 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Jerryf08
I called again and they confirmed that I am in fact registered for this quick qualifying elite trial. They did say though that you do need to be referred by a hotel to become registered. Which is strange because I was able to call and get registered.

Also, I think the offer for having 50,000 base points or 40 nights in 2014 is a completely different offer? Basically in this offer, they would give you the 10 night boost to qualify for diamond status in 2015.
I think it may be a two pronged approach. I don't mind being not selected for the trial, what peeves me is that it was reported as wide open by bloggers and then not corrected.

As long as folks click on those credit card referral links....
Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; IHG Platinum; Emerald Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Jerryf08

You may be right - Gary Leff says that the Quick Qualifying Elite Trial is a different offer.

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....urns-thursday/

In comment 57 to this blog post about the Hyatt Diamond Challenge returning, he says "This isn’t ‘The Elite Tier Offer’ as noted by other commenters below so there’s some confusion. This information was proactively offered to me by Hyatt, though I’ll follow up."

I sure hope someone figures it out.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
I just called and the woman said there are no status challenge offers available. I'm an SPG Plat + ambassador. Do I need to contact the hotel I'm staying at and then talk to Hyatt Gold Passport?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 6:49 pm

Quick Qualifying Elite Trial is Here!! (1/15) - MASTER THREAD - Invite only

Ridiculous that NO ONE at Hyatt is on the same page. Gold passport should be so embarrassed by themselves.

1- reported as easy as pie to sign up for for some (noted here and in blog comments)

2 - nothing exists

3 - any Hyatt hotel sales team can recommend a guest for qualifying elite simple form filled out and processed and you are on your way (claimed by gold passport rep)

4 - qualifying elite is only for people who do group sales (directly from sales department at hotel as heard from gold passport)

Does ANYONE at Hyatt have any clue what's happening?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 1:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Thank you for contacting Hyatt Gold Passport. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

I regret to inform you that, the Diamond trial offer has expired on the Friday, 31 October 2014, therefore I am unable to enroll you for this offer. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused to you.

We are currently extending some targeted offers to a select group of members based off a number of criteria. We periodically run campaigns such as this to gather insights regarding what works in the market. Please be assured we do honor your loyalty, and you are one of our most valued customers. We know that these efforts sometimes upset those who were not targeted, and we are sensitive to that. We are happy to state that over time, many of our members will benefit from some type of targeted offer.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any other assistance with your Hyatt Gold Passport account.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by ashap
Ridiculous that NO ONE at Hyatt is on the same page. Gold passport should be so embarrassed by themselves.

1- reported as easy as pie to sign up for for some (noted here and in blog comments)

2 - nothing exists

3 - any Hyatt hotel sales team can recommend a guest for qualifying elite simple form filled out and processed and you are on your way (claimed by gold passport rep)

4 - qualifying elite is only for people who do group sales (directly from sales department at hotel as heard from gold passport)

Does ANYONE at Hyatt have any clue what's happening?
based on my experience the past two months, i'd agree with most of this.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 3:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; IHG Platinum; Emerald Exec Elite
Originally Posted by mrredskin
based on my experience the past two months, i'd agree with most of this.
You agree with what? That all four possibilities exist or just that nobody at Hyatt has a clue what is going on?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:37 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by AtlantaAngel
You agree with what? That all four possibilities exist or just that nobody at Hyatt has a clue what is going on?

YES and YES.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.