Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Breakfast Diamond Benefit

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2014, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Breakfast Diamond Benefit

Did a quick search and came up with lots of hits and not a specific answer so apologize in advance. Staying at Andaz Liverpool St. and PHV in a few weeks and have 3 rooms at each hotel with 2 people in each so total of 6 people.

What is the "official" diamond breakfast benefit i.e. is it breakfast for 2 people, max of 2 rooms etc.
Also any comments on whether "YMMV" applies at these 2 establishments with breakfast benefit (if it doesn't cover the 6 people).

Many thanks
Old Dec 22, 2014, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by cmanc
Did a quick search and came up with lots of hits and not a specific answer so apologize in advance. Staying at Andaz Liverpool St. and PHV in a few weeks and have 3 rooms at each hotel with 2 people in each so total of 6 people.

What is the "official" diamond breakfast benefit i.e. is it breakfast for 2 people, max of 2 rooms etc.
Also any comments on whether "YMMV" applies at these 2 establishments with breakfast benefit (if it doesn't cover the 6 people).

Many thanks
Official is up to 4 registered guests get the diamond benefits. Make sure that they are listed on the reservation.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 9:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Breakfast applies to the registered guests that are staying in the room of the Diamond member. Most rooms at PHV allow max of 3. Most rooms at Andaz Liverpool allow max of 2. The rest is YMMV.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 8:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's exactly like thucanhho has stated...

From the GP T&C's:
- At Hyatt hotels that do not have a Regency Club or Grand Club lounge, daily complimentary full breakfast inclusive of one entrée (or standard breakfast buffet), juice and coffee (tax, gratuity and service charges included) will be provided to the member and each registered guest in the room, maximum four (4) people.

So what is guaranteed is free breakfast just for the people staying in the same room as the Diamond member, nothing for any additional rooms. Most properties might extend the benefits to one additional room, but I doubt they will extend them to 2 additional rooms for 4 additional people.
Expect to get two free breakfast and pay for the rest. You will have to wait and see how generous a property feels, no hard and fast rules here I'm afraid. Personally if you are staying on points and are not a frequent guest I would guess your chances are slim to none, 3 rooms for a total of 6 is simply too much.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Originally Posted by RTW1

From the GP T&C's:
- At Hyatt hotels that do not have a Regency Club or Grand Club lounge, daily complimentary full breakfast inclusive of one entrée (or standard breakfast buffet), juice and coffee (tax, gratuity and service charges included) will be provided to the member and each registered guest in the room, maximum four (4) people.

So what is guaranteed is free breakfast just for the people staying in the same room as the Diamond member, nothing for any additional rooms. Most properties might extend the benefits to one additional room, but I doubt they will extend them to 2 additional rooms for 4 additional people.
Expect to get two free breakfast and pay for the rest. You will have to wait and see how generous a property feels, no hard and fast rules here I'm afraid. Personally if you are staying on points and are not a frequent guest I would guess your chances are slim to none, 3 rooms for a total of 6 is simply too much.
yep, unless more than 1 person is Diamond...then make sure to register them in different rooms (obviously )
Old Dec 23, 2014, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1

From the GP T&C's:

I have never had a property deny my family of 8 free breakfast, although its probably because they are my family....
Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
I have never had a property deny my family of 8 free breakfast, although its probably because they are my family....
8 in one room?
Old Dec 24, 2014, 10:29 am

Nope we always get 2 rooms
Old Dec 27, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, Marriott
[QUOTE=RTW1;24041537]It's exactly like thucanhho has stated...

From the GP T&C's:

These terms do not seem to apply to the Diamond breakfast benefit at the Andaz 5th Avenue. I have just received my invoice folio by email and there are numerous items in relation to breakfast, including "food", "gratuity" and on one day "breakfast tax". Although these items are not big amounts, the highest being $31, it is slightly annoying to see these types of charges on one's account with no explanation.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 5:38 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The Diamond breakfast at the Andaz should include tax, but since there is no buffet they have a maximum amount you can spend. Tip should be included as well, but at some properties it isn't..... The last one doesn't bother me much, they should be clear about the amount that is included however.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pierre48
......These terms do not seem to apply to the Diamond breakfast benefit at the Andaz 5th Avenue. I have just received my invoice folio by email and there are numerous items in relation to breakfast, including "food", "gratuity" and on one day "breakfast tax". Although these items are not big amounts, the highest being $31, it is slightly annoying to see these types of charges on one's account with no explanation.
How much did you spend on breakfast? Many properties without buffet provide an allowance for breakfast. You need to pay for portion above the allowance, plus taxes on that portion. Gratuity is often included but some properties don't.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: GP Dia, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Are these terms just for the Andaz properties or do they include say the PH DC as well? We were going to have a friend join us for breakfast but didn't know if he would be charged separately or lumped in our "4 persons"
Old Dec 28, 2014, 5:42 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The free Diamond breakfast doesn't include friends coming for breakfast... It's limited to those that are actually staying.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, Marriott
TerryK,

There were four guests in a two bedroom balcony suite (my wife & I and our two children). Our breakfasts consisted of one entree and a coffee/juice each. What concerned me really, was the inconsistency of the charges. There seemed to be no logic in what was on the bill for each day of our stay. But, as stated previously, this did not detract from the overall experience of the stay.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 11:21 am

I'm always unsure about this topic. I am staying at a Hyatt Regency without a lounge tomorrow. I'd like to invite my parents to join us for breakfast. Are they included because I'm allowed 4 on my breakfast bill, or must I change the reservation to 4 persons in the room?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.