Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Gold Passport Update

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RTW1
Why... the change seems clear. We make a promise but there's no penalty for non-compliance.
I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt, assuming that they merely shed themselves of the "mandatory" penalty, giving them more flexibility to make things right by whatever means required as necessary.

But as one of the previous comments shows, that's not the case. My bad.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
I also didn't get my bed type yesterday. I cancelled the rest of my stay, not due to bed type, but I was put in the worse possible room, next to the train, and construction until 7pm above my room....
And this as a Diamond? Which hotel? (As a mere Platinum, I'm afraid of what I might get . . . )
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by sethb
And this as a Diamond? Which hotel? (As a mere Platinum, I'm afraid of what I might get . . . )
Yup. Hyatt House. It was no big deal. I just didn't care for the agent when he laughed about it.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yup. Hyatt House. It was no big deal. I just didn't care for the agent when he laughed about it.
At Hyatt, rest assured that we'll either get your bed type right, or we'll laugh right in your face about it.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by RTW1
Why... the change seems clear. We make a promise but there's no penalty for non-compliance. Even if it happens a few times, such changes are still appalling.
But that's GP these days, big on words, less do on the delivery. Thankfully most properties still do a good job.
The way I look at it now, instead of Gold Passport giving us the 5000 points, the onus is on the property to offer us compensation.
It will be a much bigger deal if they refuse to.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:38 pm

That sounds like Hyatt House Emeryville. Since half of their rooms always face the trains, and since they are doing a lot of construction involving cranes, power tools in the parking lot, and power tools on closed floors directly above floors that are assigned to guests, I think that they have a really limited number of quiet rooms at the moment.

Also, because people tend to stay there for long periods of time, I suspect that when people check in, they tend to get assigned to loud rooms, since the limited number of quieter rooms (above the construction and facing away from the train and the power tools in the east parking lot) go to folks who complain and are on long stays.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by LawFly
That sounds like Hyatt House Emeryville. Since half of their rooms always face the trains, and since they are doing a lot of construction involving cranes, power tools in the parking lot, and power tools on closed floors directly above floors that are assigned to guests, I think that they have a really limited number of quiet rooms at the moment.

Also, because people tend to stay there for long periods of time, I suspect that when people check in, they tend to get assigned to loud rooms, since the limited number of quieter rooms (above the construction and facing away from the train and the power tools in the east parking lot) go to folks who complain and are on long stays.
You nailed it.... They should display something on the website stating that they are renovating. It really isn't good business to not inform guests of noise issues. For someone who works in there room half the day, I would've liked to know before. And the giggle at check in, confirms, they really don't know what they have in inventory. I'll never stay there again. Plenty of other options.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I didn't get my bed type, diamond amenity, and the lounge was closed for breakfast on an award stay at the end of the year. Nothing posted. Called in today, spent almost 30 minutes on the phone, and the agent couldn't do a single thing. Sigh.
Please name and shame the property.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
You nailed it.... They should display something on the website stating that they are renovating. It really isn't good business to not inform guests of noise issues. For someone who works in there room half the day, I would've liked to know before. And the giggle at check in, confirms, they really don't know what they have in inventory. I'll never stay there again. Plenty of other options.
I told them last week when I was there it was BS they didn't
mention that at the time of booking. That HH was a nightmare
in the lobby area along with some of the floors last week. One shouldn't
just roll into the hotel and see a sign suggesting "sorry, our hotel
is a complete CF nightmare... pardon out mess... sorry the water might
be out from 9-6pm daily as well... I know it sucks."

On top of that, even prior to the renovations the staff at this hotel
was pretty bush league and unprofessional in general. Sadly,
Id rather stay at the HP Fremont than here, which is saying a lot
cause that one kinda sucks too.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by austin_modern
I told them last week when I was there it was BS they didn't
mention that at the time of booking. That HH was a nightmare
in the lobby area along with some of the floors last week. One shouldn't
just roll into the hotel and see a sign suggesting "sorry, our hotel
is a complete CF nightmare... pardon out mess... sorry the water might
be out from 9-6pm daily as well... I know it sucks."

On top of that, even prior to the renovations the staff at this hotel
was pretty bush league and unprofessional in general. Sadly,
Id rather stay at the HP Fremont than here, which is saying a lot
cause that one kinda sucks too.
I hope the Hyatt Gold Passport team see's this post. This was an awful shock when I came in at 3pm. I was placed right below the rooms they were renovating, and I walked in the room to the surprise of no water.. I asked to check out for free, but I was given a firm NO. I would need to pay for the night. I really didn't want to explain to my employer why I had 2 different rooms booked the same night, so I decided to just leave the hotel, and work from Starbucks. I had a late dinner, enjoyed drinks and came back to silence, until the trains came roaring by. (trains are my fault, I didn't realize it beforehand, asked to move but told nope) I spoke to someone a bit friendlier in the morning, and they understood why I was leaving, and allowed me to cancel the rest of the stay.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't know whether I should be saddened or impressed by the fact that people can identify certain Hyatts by the tone of the complaint...
Old Jan 30, 2015, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Please name and shame the property.
This property is normally an excellent property. The stay was on New Years Eve, so I gave them some slack. I'm more upset that the Hyatt phone rep wasted so much of my time.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 5:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
I'm more upset that the Hyatt phone rep wasted so much of my time.
Meaning. . .they would not fix the stay posting, the were not yet able to fix the stay posting, or what? Over time e-mailing in the folio has almost always worked, although the overnight outsourcing to India has been pulling down the percentage lately.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by jayer
Meaning. . .they would not fix the stay posting, the were not yet able to fix the stay posting, or what? Over time e-mailing in the folio has almost always worked, although the overnight outsourcing to India has been pulling down the percentage lately.
Yes, they couldn't do anything. No folio, as it was a points stay. I generally find most Hyatt agents pretty helpful, but not in this case. I'd normally just huaca, but had reached my "limit" for the day.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 10:54 pm

I hope the Hyatt Gold Passport team see's this post. This was an awful shock when I came in at 3pm. I was placed right below the rooms they were renovating, and I walked in the room to the surprise of no water.. I asked to check out for free, but I was given a firm NO. I would need to pay for the night. I really didn't want to explain to my employer why I had 2 different rooms booked the same night, so I decided to just leave the hotel, and work from Starbucks. I had a late dinner, enjoyed drinks and came back to silence, until the trains came roaring by. (trains are my fault, I didn't realize it beforehand, asked to move but told nope) I spoke to someone a bit friendlier in the morning, and they understood why I was leaving, and allowed me to cancel the rest of the stay.
HH Emeryville is normally a really good property, and a great location for a cat. 2 if you have a car. As long as you get a room on the West side (away from the trains) it's normally quiet.

But with the renovations there's just too much of a chance of water not being available when you need it or of being awoken by power tools at precisely 8AM. Probably a bad sign when a hotel room comes with a long apology letter in the room and a complementary set of earplugs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.