Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2015, 2:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
Does this property have good vegan/vegetarian options?

Just trying to see if the all inclusive would make sense for me.
Old May 28, 2015, 7:50 pm

Excursions

Did anyone do an excursion while staying at the Hyatt that they'd recommend? Did you book it once at the Hyatt? Do they have snorkeling or boat rides at the hotel included? Shopping close by?
Old May 30, 2015, 2:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Was too windy to do any beach activities. We saw quite a few failed attempts in the 10 days we were there
Old May 30, 2015, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by sam_goh
Was too windy to do any beach activities. We saw quite a few failed attempts in the 10 days we were there
We had the opposite experience...wasn't windy enough to take the boats out. Hopefully in a few weeks when we are back the weather will be perfect for a bit of sailing.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 8:59 am

We did "sailing." It was a tiny boat, we got soaked but it was so much fun
Old Jun 2, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Platinum, UA 1K, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum Elite, Jetblue Mosaic
Has anyone stayed in the Presidential Suite? Any reviews?
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:14 am

thanks all for the really great info! i've got a few questions hopefully some who have stayed here can help me with.

1. reservations are currently booked for august for the ziva club level - sounds like this is in the old building and there isn't much benefit to the club level. i'm coming with my boyfriend (both mid/late 30's), and we don't have kids. is the kid-free aspect of the zilara side, as well as the additional restaurants, worth the extra cost? or how can we guarantee a room in the new building/s on either side?

2. in that same vein: if we did stay on the ziva side, would we be able to use the zilara side pool/beach/restaurants/bars?

3. not sure we won't get restless just being at the resort the whole time. we certainly love to relax, but also appreciate the nightlife. how accessible is transportation to town/other beaches/etc.? and how is the nightlife at the resort? sounds like there's probably not a lot going on.

4. any other tips?

thanks all!
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
Hi folks, I've booked a one bedroom oceanfront suite. Does anyone have pictures of this room or any feedback on whether or not it is worth the premium?
Old Jun 10, 2015, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
It can be old/remodeled Ritz Carlton or AMAZING brand new Hyatt. You won't know until you arrive.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 5:51 pm

Zilara Ocean Front JR King

Hi, has anyone stayed in a zilara ocean front jr king room? If so, what room numbers are they and do you have any pictures?

I stayed in the resort in Feb in a swim up suite but still can't get my head around the large number of rooms listed on the Hyatt site and lack of pictures to know what I'm going to end up with.

Thanks
Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:07 am

Somewhat O/T, but has anyone come across any notable deals on liquor at the Duty Free shops at MBJ? This would be for bringing back to the US...

I walked through the shops last time I was down there, but didn't have a chance to do any shopping.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by mkaywhat
thanks all for the really great info! i've got a few questions hopefully some who have stayed here can help me with.

1. reservations are currently booked for august for the ziva club level - sounds like this is in the old building and there isn't much benefit to the club level. i'm coming with my boyfriend (both mid/late 30's), and we don't have kids. is the kid-free aspect of the zilara side, as well as the additional restaurants, worth the extra cost? or how can we guarantee a room in the new building/s on either side?

2. in that same vein: if we did stay on the ziva side, would we be able to use the zilara side pool/beach/restaurants/bars?

3. not sure we won't get restless just being at the resort the whole time. we certainly love to relax, but also appreciate the nightlife. how accessible is transportation to town/other beaches/etc.? and how is the nightlife at the resort? sounds like there's probably not a lot going on.

4. any other tips?

thanks all!
1. You get more choices with the Zilara in terms of restaurant options, notably the Parisian restaurant and the one at the adults-only end. Otherwise, you will be walking to the Ziva end to eat anyways. You can request newer rooms, but honestly I don't think they take prerequests seriously.

2. If you're adults you will be able to walk over and use without being hassled, but restaurants are a ymmv. They do ask people which room # for restaurants. We stayed at the Ziva and did the Zilara one on the beach, but Paris one was a no go without asking concierge to make a call for us.

3. Nightlife is non-existent on the Zilara end at night. There's an evening show in front of the restaurants in front of the restaurants on the Ziva side. Acrobats, fire eating, singing (bad), etc. Ends pretty early. Then you can retire to the Morocan bar up top, etc. You can cab into town for nightlife but each employee we asked did not recommend it for safety reasons, ymmv.

4. Just go enjoy yourself. Keep your expectations modest just in case you get an old room, and enjoy a few frozen Bob Marleys!
Old Jun 17, 2015, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)

Be careful of HUGE corporate events (particularly during the off season). When we there a company had booked an event for nearly 1,000 people. The event literally took over the entire hotel. Hyatt allowed banners, display tables, and signs to be plastered everywhere (even in the pool/beach showers). They even lit up the buildings with the name of the company at night. Cocktail napkins at the bars even had the companies logo.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by flyer121
Be careful of HUGE corporate events (particularly during the off season). When we there a company had booked an event for nearly 1,000 people. The event literally took over the entire hotel. Hyatt allowed banners, display tables, and signs to be plastered everywhere (even in the pool/beach showers). They even lit up the buildings with the name of the company at night. Cocktail napkins at the bars even had the companies logo.
Unfortunately I don't think there is any way to find out what events they may be hosting until you are there. When we were there in January, they were hosting some corporate event, but it never seemed to detract from our experience, even with all the items you mentioned. We'll be there again this weekend and are hoping for a fun experience.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, WN CP
Originally Posted by tomcat007
Does this property have good vegan/vegetarian options?

Just trying to see if the all inclusive would make sense for me.
My lady is a pescatarian (fish and veggies) and she did not have any problems with the food. numerous problems with the hotel overall, but no eating issues. There are a bunch of buffet so I think you should be OK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.