Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

FlyerTalk 2015 Awards benefits - Hyatt Gold Passport, Americas

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: What is the best benefit of Hyatt Gold Passport? PLEASE READ POST BELOW FIRST
Bonus Points
1.72%
Room Upgrades
13.79%
Early check-in/Late check-out
1.72%
Complimentary Internet
10.34%
Diamond Amenity
3.45%
Regency Club Access/Free Breakfast Benefit
53.45%
Mlife partnership
1.72%
I nominate a different benefit – see my post below (POST YOUR SUGGESTION BELOW)
13.79%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

FlyerTalk 2015 Awards benefits - Hyatt Gold Passport, Americas

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (2020:Exp), United Gold
Add my vote for MER (My Elite Rate). Even more important than the Diamond amenities I get.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:15 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Well, there are two issues with that statement (which I will agree represents an accurate description of FT's technical limitations). The first is that there is nothing which prevents a relaunch on a different schedule (especially seeing as the main polls aren't set to run until January, if I'm not mistaken). The second is that had there been a clear call for suggestions, MER would definitely have been suggested (I'm still a bit stunned that it wasn't...for a regular user, that benefit is easily worth several hundred dollars per year).

So, and I say this with the utmost respect...it was excluded because of an oversight (albeit not an implausible one) and not corrected because the staff declined to suggest it.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:29 pm

Programs: US Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Avis First, (Former Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, and DL Gold)
Why has the poll closed? Is today not still Dec 16?

Admin, please add a vote for me under "Other" for My Elite Rate.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Y'know, I wish I'd thought this earlier, but we should have probably just flooded the Asia poll with MER votes. It's low-turnout (some programs don't even get any voters in their Asia section) and it would have given us a platform. You do have my apologies for not thinking of that sooner.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by IBobi
Once the poll is launched and votes are being cast, all we can do is remove items with 0 votes. We can't add or change otherwise.
But then I must ask who determined what would be on the list?

I would have expected that anyone who is familiar with the HGP program and especially it's benefits for HGP elites would have put My Elite Rate on the list.

In this case, to do so was especially important since Hyatt plans to terminate this benefit after the end of the year. Voting for it would have given us a good way to tell Hyatt who favorably we felt about this benefit and might have caused Hyatt to reconsider it's termination.

Another benefit that IMO should have made the list is the Private Line Agents that Hyatt offers to Diamonds, although i suspect it's an unpublished benefit offered by invitation.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:33 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
In the world of stupid polls, I vote for this one. At least get a grasp on the subject you are polling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.