Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt to open hotel in Okinawa in May 2015

Hyatt to open hotel in Okinawa in May 2015

Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
There's a lot you can see based in Osaka before going to Kyoto. The Hyatt is out of the way but the Hilton is across from the train station. If you look for the Hilton Osaka thread and search for rtwstaralliance's posts, you likely will find a wealth of information on places easily reached by train from Osaka. I found his suggestions invaluable. For example:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ml#post3827525

Nagoya is also a very pleasant town to visit and you can come by train from there to Osaka/Kyoto. You have to poke around the various hotel threads but the same poster gave superb recommendations about what to do there. I stayed at the Marriott Nagoya. I have visited Fukuoka and preferred Nagoya and Osaka.
Since mangoMan was looking for the 2 nights at HR Hakone to complete a diamond challenge (or whatever the new version is called), I think Nagoya or Hilton Osaka might not be the ideal replacement for the HR Hakone.

And I have to agree that logistically Okinawa might not be the best idea for just 2 nights. If the rates are low (they're frequently not anymore due to the surge in package tour guests) at HR Osaka, I would recommend just extending that stay. While there is nothing in the close vicinity, with the shuttle to Osaka Station, the location is not that bad as a base for days trips to Nara and Himeji, both of which are well worth a visit, and while the donjon itself is a concrete reproduction, Osaka Castle is nice enough (the moats and stone revetments are all original), and there's also USJ and the aquarium if that is the type of thing there looking for.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:00 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Since the property is now open, the review thread is at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...l#post25057985 . Please continue discussions there

I'll lock this thread. Will create a link later when I'm home and on the laptop.

Peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.