Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2015, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyMan
Opinion will vary but this was compiled by what was highlighted by most members:

All allow 2 adult with 2 kids
Print Wikipost

which Hyatt in Tokyo?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: aa,starwood
thanks for distinctions and differences

I appreciate the responses and specifics as well as nuances to my query. I plan to use points. As of now I will choose GH.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by nextinline
I appreciate the responses and specifics as well as nuances to my query. I plan to use points. As of now I will choose GH.
Awesome property, you won't regret it. (Although you wouldn't regret the PH, either)
Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
I just stayed at the HR...I thought the level of service was one of the best received at any HR.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by gooseman13
I just stayed at the HR...I thought the level of service was one of the best received at any HR.
True, I like staying there due to the convenience of the station and also how it is a low cat Hyatt. Level of service and the overall facility is definitely a steal for the amount of GP points it takes. I can stay there 2 and a half nights for 1 night at the PH.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
I just got the Hyatt CC and 2 free nights with. With a trip to Tokyo coming up in late May, I'm also deciding between the PH and GH.

With the movie Lost in Translation being among my favorites, there's definitely one part of me that leans towards PH (I've been to the NY Bar for my last trip, but the swimming pool seems really cool) but the other part of me feels like GH is a sleeker, newer (?) hotel and in a location with more to do.

Decisions, decisions...
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kmw45
I just got the Hyatt CC and 2 free nights with. With a trip to Tokyo coming up in late May, I'm also deciding between the PH and GH.
Once again I ask: why are you writing off Andaz Tokyo? It's newer and sleeker than GH and the pool may be better than PH.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 10:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Isn't the Andaz Tokyo kind of out of the way, in a quieter part of the city? I love the Andaz brand but location is the most important in a city like Tokyo.

I have a trip to Tokyo coming up in June and will be staying at the Grand Hyatt. Mainly because of the location, can't beat Roppongi especially for a single non-Japanese speaker.

Secondly, I plan on either using points or cash+points and the prices on the PH has dropped significantly. For the dates I checked the PH was only an extra $30-$50 whereas the points required was still 5k more. Not a great ROI. To be honest the Grand Hyatt points redemption isn't very great either, but the 20% refund makes it just barely worth it for me using cash & points (about 2.3c per point).
Old Mar 18, 2015, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by invalyd
Isn't the Andaz Tokyo kind of out of the way, in a quieter part of the city? I love the Andaz brand but location is the most important in a city like Tokyo.

I have a trip to Tokyo coming up in June and will be staying at the Grand Hyatt. Mainly because of the location, can't beat Roppongi especially for a single non-Japanese speaker.
Yeah but the hotel itself is stunning and you can cab it to Roppongi or Ginza relatively easy. Andaz F&B in room or at the Tavern alone is worth the visit for me. Much better than eating at the Grand Club.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's certainly not terrible. The Grand Hyatt itself is within walking distance, and there is easy access to the subway.

The biggest disadvantage to Andaz Tokyo is the lack of suite award upgrades.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 5:03 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Isn't the Andaz Tokyo kind of out of the way, in a quieter part of the city? I love the Andaz brand but location is the most important in a city like Tokyo....
I actually think precisely the opposite is the case for tourists: as long as you are not too far from a decent subway or train station, location is less inmportant. That's because most leisure visitors are going to want to see things all over Tokyo so will be travelling regardless of where they stay, as well as because the public transit system is so efficient and reasonable.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 1:38 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
If you haven't stayed at the PH, I think it's worthwhile to try out once.

However, I'd choose the Andaz over any Tokyo Hyatt property now.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 1:08 pm

Interesting, I checked out the Andaz and it's definitely a much better award redemption than the GH (same amount of points, higher room rates). Obviously a much newer hotel too. If it's really that close to subway/easy get to Roppongi, I might need to consider staying there instead!

Does anyone know how easy it is to access the JR Yamanote line from the Andaz?

Thanks!

Last edited by invalyd; Mar 20, 2015 at 1:20 pm
Old Mar 20, 2015, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone know how easy it is to access the JR Yamanote line from the Andaz?
It's about a 15-20 minute walk from Shinbashi station.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
It's about a 15-20 minute walk from Shinbashi station.
Thank you. Not ideal, but perhaps still worth considering.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 1:23 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
If it's really that close to subway/easy get to Roppongi, I might need to consider staying there instead!
It's a 5-10 minute walk from Andaz to the Toranomon subway station, then 15 minutes (1 transfer) to Roppongi.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.