Search

Considering buying a Hyatt bed.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2014, 11:34 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Considering buying a Hyatt bed.

Good morning all,

My wife and I just came back from a stay at the Park Hyatt in Toronto. This was our first stay at a Hyatt since moving over from Hilton.

I have had back issues for the last 3 years and this was the first night in as long as I can remember where I had the best night sleep. My wife and I slept so good and I felt great the next morning.

I notice that you can buy Hyatt beds through their website for around $1100 (without the box spring etc) so my question is if we do buy one, will the mattress be just like the one we had at the Park Hyatt?

Would be grateful for any advice.

Cheers ^
Old Nov 23, 2014, 4:37 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Call or email the hotel to confirm the type of mattress they use. Hotels get this question a lot so they should be able to answer the question for you.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
I hope you're referring to the north wing of that hotel because the beds in the south wing are basically cots
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Base on this link http://www.hyattgrandbed.com/-W8.aspx the PH has both beds. From personal experience, I prefer Grand Bed II. Is a bit firmer than the original so more back support. But I would call PHT and give them your room # to find out what bed type you slept on. I myself is considering purchasing GB II.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 5:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Base on this link http://www.hyattgrandbed.com/-W8.aspx the PH has both beds. From personal experience, I prefer Grand Bed II. Is a bit firmer than the original so more back support. But I would call PHT and give them your room # to find out what bed type you slept on. I myself is considering purchasing GB II.
Thanks for sharing that knowledge. I, too, am looking to purchase a bed like this and was pleased to see this information. I actually bought some hyatt pillows off ebay but they were not the same---very close, but not quite.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:32 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Base on this link http://www.hyattgrandbed.com/-W8.aspx the PH has both beds.
Great find, but based on that link the PH Toronto has the GB II (it has two red dots next to it, rather than 2 green dots)
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Great find, but based on that link the PH Toronto has the GB II (it has two red dots next to it, rather than 2 green dots)
You are 100% correct - my bad. Here are some pictures of the GB 2.1 from the NOLA HP. It was quite comfortable.

Even though the topper look thick, it did not feel very plush. And I noticed the box spring was a low profile box spring.

Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
This is too funny. We have been staying at the Hyatt Dulles and my wife loves the bed and wants to buy one. Thanks for the website link as we did not know what model it was!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.