Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Suzhou REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2010, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Help! - when is this hotel scheduled to open?
Old Aug 10, 2010, 9:29 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Not even on Hyatt's property list - http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/features/...uestid=1160451
Old Jan 15, 2014, 4:46 pm

Programs: United (GS), Hyatt (Diamond), IHG (Gold)
From my email today...

We are so glad to hear about your interest in accommodating with Hyatt Regency Suzhou. Our hotel is scheduled to open on 18 April 2014 which is an arch-shape building nearby Jinji Lake and part of the Jinghope Plaza.

About Hyatt Regency Suzhou
Hyatt Regency Suzhou is located in 88 Huachi Street of Suzhou Industrial Park (SIP) and takes center stage in the Jinghope Plaza, offering luxury commercial, fine dining and shopping. With the subway “Times Square Station” at the doorstep. Our hotel is also a few minutes’ walk to the spectacular Jinji Lake, Suzhou Culture & Arts Centre, Suzhou International Expo Centre and Ferris Wheel Park.

Please check the link about our hotel information.

http://suzhou.regency.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html
Old Jan 15, 2014, 6:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by PRYAN886
From my email today...

We are so glad to hear about your interest in accommodating with Hyatt Regency Suzhou. Our hotel is scheduled to open on 18 April 2014 which is an arch-shape building nearby Jinji Lake and part of the Jinghope Plaza.

About Hyatt Regency Suzhou
Hyatt Regency Suzhou is located in 88 Huachi Street of Suzhou Industrial Park (SIP) and takes center stage in the Jinghope Plaza, offering luxury commercial, fine dining and shopping. With the subway “Times Square Station” at the doorstep. Our hotel is also a few minutes’ walk to the spectacular Jinji Lake, Suzhou Culture & Arts Centre, Suzhou International Expo Centre and Ferris Wheel Park.

Please check the link about our hotel information.

Welcome and very informative first post. Wonder what cat will this fall into.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 12:59 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
So doesn't look like they were ready for April 18th! Anyone got any idea how far the opening date has been pushed back?

For anyone else also looking for an answer to this.. I sent an email to the property and got a reply saying that they will be opening towards the end of June but don't have a specific date yet.

Last edited by pogonation; May 1, 2014 at 5:41 am
Old Jun 3, 2014, 9:17 am

This property is now available for reservation from August 1st.

Originally Posted by pogonation
So doesn't look like they were ready for April 18th! Anyone got any idea how far the opening date has been pushed back?

For anyone else also looking for an answer to this.. I sent an email to the property and got a reply saying that they will be opening towards the end of June but don't have a specific date yet.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 7:38 pm

Programs: United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Exec Platinum
Hyatt Regency Suzhou - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

There is not a thread yet for reviews but I am staying here now. It is a brand new, very nice option in the industrial park. Checkin was efficient and diamond status acknowledged. The rooms are well set up with good work space and average wifi speed. The regency club is not open for breakfast but it is served in the 2nd floor Market St. restaurant. The buffet is good and has vast options of both Western and Chinese foods. I would put it on par with the Regency Shanghai on the Bund. There is a lot of construction outside the hotel that can be heard early, even on the top floor. Earplugs may be a must tonight. I will add to this after I check out in a few days.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12A405 Safari/600.1.4)

I stayed here a few weeks ago. Agree it's a pretty good property. I was actually really happy with the dinner buffet. Gym solid, rooms ok. No complaints.

It is weird that the club doesn't open until around lunchtime though.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it attached or directly across from expo/convention center?
I am trying to decide between HR and IC which seems to be a bit father has with great reviews...
Plus HR doesn't seem to have awards loaded for 2015...
Old Dec 5, 2014, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bump?
Old Dec 8, 2014, 2:24 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
IC Suzhou

The IC is one of the best IC's in China, with probably the best Club, especially the F+B offerings. They are difficult on their UPG's for AMB, but as RA, I had club access plus a slight room UPG (OK, excluding HK,) to lakeview since I bought a category up in the res. Very cheap too as IC is always having China wide sales. The HR wasn't done on my last trip to Suzhou, and it's very close to the convention center, a little further to the lake.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 2:58 am

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Anyone have any experience/stays with this hotel care to comment? Rates seem a tad bit higher than what comparable hotels in the area are offering. How's breakfast and any luck with using a DSU?

Thanks y'all.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
Anyone have any experience/stays with this hotel care to comment? Rates seem a tad bit higher than what comparable hotels in the area are offering. How's breakfast and any luck with using a DSU?

Just had a nice stay within the past month. At that time, I was a Platinum member (now Diamond). The hotel is nicely maintained and has an excellent location adjacent to the Times Square Station of the Suzhou Metro. The hotel is located in a new corporate park area, outside of the historic center. Across the street is nice, upscale shopping mall with some several interesting places to eat.

As Platinum, I was upgraded to my choice of a larger corner room or a slightly smaller room with a better view. I was able to get Club Lounge access, and it is located on the hotel's highest floor. They serve a substantial breakfast with hot and cold items, Chinese and Western foods buffet style. During the late afternoon Happy Hour they serve a combination of hot and cold food along with complimentary drinks. During both the morning and afternoon service, they also have a menu card where you can order additional cooked-to-order items brought to your table.

At the time of booking I had higher elite status with Starwood, but I selected this hotel because of its good metro access and the fact that it is not just a lone hotel stuck in the middle of nowhere; there are other food venues and activities located nearby.

For this vacation stay, I used cash & points which I thought was good value. I would return the next time I'm in Suzhou.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Any recent stays/reviews for this hotel, including Diamond treatment and/or how good its location is for easy access to tourist spots?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Any recent stays/reviews for this hotel, including Diamond treatment and/or how good its location is for easy access to tourist spots?
Gardens are scattered around the city - you will have to take taxi. HR is good with a nice pool and club in the middle of well developed area - mall nearby, mix of asian and westen food, metro etc.. a convenient but rather generic home base..
Long time ago i stayed at sheraton that got rebranded to pan pacific - it was a very interesting property with a garden next to it. . As a tourist it was a much more interesting place to be..

Last edited by azepine00; Oct 26, 2016 at 9:41 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.