Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2014, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald

Semi-mattress run stay there last night (I live about 10 minutes away). Actually, less of a mattress run and more of a "drank too much beer at the Hofbrauhaus to drive home" stay.

This is in Grandview Yard right off of I-670 and Rte. 315. It's a brand-new development with the HP, a big gym/fitness place, a Giant Eagle Market District (giant gourmet-ish grocery store), and a Hofbrauhaus which just opened last week. Also there's a Jason's Deli and the Buckeye Hall of Fame Cafe (decent food and beer).

Grandview Yard is vaguely close to OSU campus, I guess, but we're talking about a good 45-60 minute walk to get to the middle of campus from there. It's a quick drive, but to call this HP "OSU" is kinda stretching it.

This was, however, one of the bet HP's I've been in - quite new, walk-in shower, fridge, comfy and not worn-out couch, etc. Breakfast was a typical mob scene, and they always seem to run out of those sammiches, but it seemed pretty appetizing.

This, unlike the HP/Columbus North (a.k.a. Worthington) is a new-build HP and is pretty nice, unlike some of the old converted Summerfields that are still floating around.

I think that were I traveling to CMH, I would still probably rather stay at the HR downtown (which is also likely cheaper than HP/OSU) just because of the location, but this is a solid option as well due to the development of the Grandview Yard.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:23 pm

Programs: IHG, HGP,
Fun Fact: When the hotel opened, it was originally called "Hyatt Place Columbus/Grandview" and since Grandview is more of a neighborhood than a city, people struggled to find the hotel location. A few months later, the name was changed to "Columbus/OSU" to ease that. According to google maps, it is 2.1 miles to Wexner Medical Center on campus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.