Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Occupancy policy at Grand Hyatt Seoul and Hyatt Regency Tokyo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Occupancy policy at Grand Hyatt Seoul and Hyatt Regency Tokyo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2014, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
P.S. Hotels in Japan are far more likely to check how many guests are in a room because most of them (although not the HR Tokyo) charge by the guest. Even though the HR Tokyo doesn't charge by the guest...
I don't know what your definition of "charge by the guest" is, but the room rates at HRT definitely go up for each person you add to a room.

While the GHT is a little more lax with putting three in a two person room, the HRT will absolutely not allow this. When I have three people, they insist on us being in a View Room or suite, and they do charge extra for the third adult.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I guess you haven't spent much time in Korea or Japan because the likelihood of these ways of handling it happening are virtually non-existent at this level of hotel. What would most likely occur is that no one would give the slightest indication throughout the stay. Then, at checkout, the OP would get an additional amount on the bill and charged to their card (which is required at the time of an award booking by Hyatt).
I've been to Tokyo, not Korea but will take your word for it all.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 3:07 am

Programs: SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, CX, SQ, BA
I stayed at Grand Hyatt Seoul and Hyatt Regency Tokyo before. I don't think the hotel really care if you bring a extra person unless you tell them. Recently, I went to check in at Grand Hyatt Seoul with two of my friends standing next to me and the agent did not care.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.