HR Maui Timeshare?

Old Oct 25, 2014, 12:03 pm
formerly ffactoryxx
Original Poster

HR Maui Timeshare?

So we sat in on the Hr Maui presentation yesterday and we were definitely intrigued by the property and locations we could trade for. A week would cost 61k plus $2400 yearly maintenance. We also would get 150k sign on bonus.

For those who has sat in on the presentation do you think it is worth it?
Old Oct 26, 2014, 5:58 pm

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
I would suggest that you research on the second hand market where you can pay less than 50% of the cost of buying directly from Hyatt(and all other timeshares) The only thing you would miss out on are the bonus points.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 7:21 pm
formerly ffactoryxx
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rubbernyc
I would suggest that you research on the second hand market where you can pay less than 50% of the cost of buying directly from Hyatt(and all other timeshares) The only thing you would miss out on are the bonus points.
What would be some good secondary places to look that would allow me to use Hyatt around the world and stay in their two bedroom suites.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:02 am

Programs: MU Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ffactoryxx
What would be some good secondary places to look that would allow me to use Hyatt around the world and stay in their two bedroom suites.
I would start at the Timeshare Users Group: www.tug2.net
Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
The opportunity cost of spending $61,000 @ 8% is almost $5,000. Tack on the maintenance fee and you are essentially spending $7400 for a week in a 2BR unit, or $1000+ per night. Now check the airbnb and vrbo listings. See why this is a bad deal? And that's before you pay fees to trade, spend hours trying to find peak season inventory, etc.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.