Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

1000 pt bonus for mobile app reservations through 12/31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1000 pt bonus for mobile app reservations through 12/31

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2014, 7:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
It posts as a separate line item and seems to post a few hours after the stay posts. It should look like this on your account:
Thanks. Saved me from being clueless and making an unneeded phone call.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 9:26 am

two week ago i couldn't even login to the app, let alone book. now it's working just fine. hopefully no problems with the points posting.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:26 am

Should I still get the points if I book on mobile site and then get a BRG against the booking?
Old Nov 1, 2014, 6:34 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
I'm not suggesting people do this, but FYI... I had a two night stay that I booked as separate reservations. I was worried I might have to cancel the 2nd night.

The two nights ended up crediting as one normal stay for Diamond amenity, etc, but I received two mobile booking bonuses.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 8:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold Elite, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
To earn 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points under this offer, bookings must be made through the Hyatt App or Hyatt Mobile Website and guest must pay an Eligible Rate, as defined in the Hyatt Gold Passport terms and conditions.
You must provide your membership number and be a registered guest of the room.
Only one 1,000 point bonus may be earned per member, per stay, regardless of how many rooms are booked. This promotion is subject to the complete terms and conditions of Hyatt Gold Passport. Please allow 2-3 weeks after stay is completed for points to be credited to account.
What about what's happening to some of us, when we make the mobile reservation and the confirmation shows our GP number, but on the desktop site our GP number is not attached to the reservation, and we have to add it manually? Will this glitch affect our bonus?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I never receive any notice from Hyatt regarding this promo. Is this targeted? Do I need to sign up? This question was raised in post #8 but I cannot find any response.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Not targeted and no sign up. Just book via the app and the points will post.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
All my bonus pts seem to be posting now. ^
Old Jan 20, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: NW/CO, DL Silver, SPG Gold
Hi all,

I booked a 1-night Hyatt Place reservation via the app for arrival December 31, 2014, but to date have not received the 1,000-point mobile booking bonus, although the points for the stay were credited properly to my account within a day or two. The rules state to allow 2-3 weeks for the bonus to post, but I see that the majority of people on this thread reported receiving their bonuses much sooner than that. Should I wait the entire 3 weeks before contacting Hyatt to ask about the missing points? Has anyone else who also booked a stay around the end of December received his/her bonus already?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
@ chilltheham
I wouldn't wait any longer. I would call now.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:19 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by suite2suite
@ chilltheham
I wouldn't wait any longer. I would call now.
and ask them to resume the promo!
Old Jan 21, 2015, 1:46 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

A stay on Dec 31st is counted as a 2015 stay/night for GP, that's most likely the reason why no (bonus) points were awarded.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:03 pm

Programs: NW/CO, DL Silver, SPG Gold
Got it!

A belated thanks to everyone who offered advice! For some reason I wasn't able to call in to Hyatt until 3 days ago to ask about the missing bonus but the brisk, not overly friendly but efficient agent from Omaha Reservations took care of it right away. She did say she had never heard of the mobile app booking bonus promo, but after I read out the terms and conditions from the page I'd saved, she manually added the 1,000 points, which appeared as a bonus for that stay instead of a separate line item as others had reported. So I'm happy.

@suite2suite - Thanks for prompting me to call in. I was expecting it to be like pulling teeth but was very pleasantly surprised my problem was resolved with just one phone call, unlike some other places I could name (*coughHHcough*).

@etsmyers - I asked the agent to bring up the possibility of resuming the booking bonus promo to her higher-ups, in light of the fact that many people couldn't even make reservations through the buggy app and therefore weren't able to take advantage of the promo. She acknowledged that the mobile app booking had known problems, doubted that the promo would return, but said she'd suggest it in a future meeting. So cross your fingers! And maybe they'll improve and upgrade the app in the meantime too.

@RTW1 yes, you were right; the stay posted as a 2015 night, which would explain why it didn't trigger the booking bonus in the first place. I wonder how many others with Dec. 31 bookings also didn't get their bonuses credited properly? If a promo is good through a certain date, I'd think it would apply to reservations that include that night with checkout the following morning, or else it actually ends that day (or maybe my reasoning is incorrect).

Thanks again, everyone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.