Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

1000 pt bonus for mobile app reservations through 12/31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1000 pt bonus for mobile app reservations through 12/31

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2014, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I get the MER without problems on the app...
Old Oct 4, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
I tried multiple properties last night and this morning for a room tonight.
Also tried multiple rates, including MER at the one property offering it.
All returned an error with the "Conflict with hotel guarantee policy."

I wonder if it's a restriction (intentional or accidental) within the app that doesn't allow bookings within the cancellation period ?
If true, then I think it's silly. Other than this 1000pt promo, the times I'd be most likely to book via the app are the last minute bookings.

I finally gave up and booked via the web. Same properties rates as in the app, and no problems booking my first choice.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
argh, Tried to book a couple of stays via the app, first one no problem, second and third one looked like no problem but upon closer inspection were booked for the same nights as the first one despite what the app told me on the last screen.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by steve64

I wonder if it's a restriction (intentional or accidental) within the app that doesn't allow bookings within the cancellation period ?
If true, then I think it's silly. Other than this 1000pt promo, the times I'd be most likely to book via the app are the last minute bookings.

I finally gave up and booked via the web. Same properties rates as in the app, and no problems booking my first choice.

No, the app error isn't just for bookings that fall within the cancellation period, steve64.

My headaches with trying to make bookings using the app were for stays in November and December - definitely outside of the cancellation window. So frustrating to enter the same information, over and over again, 5 or 6 times in a row, and each time still get that idiodic "Conflict with hotel guarantee policy" error message.

And I know some posters upthread said thhat they were successful in booking either My Elite Rates or AAA rates on the phone app. I could not get that to work yesterday or today.

Questions for those you did successfully book MER or AAA:

1) Was this using a browser and the Hyatt mobile website?
2) Or was it using the actual Hyatt phone app?
3) And if it was an app, are you using an Android app or an iPhone app>
Old Oct 4, 2014, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by steve64

Again, the error is an issue with using a Hyatt Credit Card. Try a different card, it worked for me.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by 236Dakota

Again, the error is an issue with using a Hyatt Credit Card. Try a different card, it worked for me.
You're right. Using a different credit card solved the issue for me. Seems crazy that using the Hyatt credit card is causing an issue. For me, this affected both the app and the mobile website.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 5:56 pm

Programs: United 1K MM; Starwood Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Alaska 75K
Originally Posted by sensei
You're right. Using a different credit card solved the issue for me. Seems crazy that using the Hyatt credit card is causing an issue. For me, this affected both the app and the mobile website.
Worked for me too. Thanks!
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA, UA

Same for me.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:46 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Thanks for this!
Old Oct 5, 2014, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by dkmatter
"Conflict with hotel guarantee policy."

Infuriating. ...
I got that too, trying to move 2 GH Erawan corp reservations to the app. The rate is still available, in fact I had to reinstate the rez using the web site. After the first one failed, I gave up, didn't try the 2nd one.

-David
Old Oct 10, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
... bonus points seem to follow within a couple days, which is nice. Some of mine just started posting.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 1K

I was able to use my Hyatt Visa by saying it was just a Visa.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by austin_modern
... bonus points seem to follow within a couple days, which is nice. Some of mine just started posting.
So you are able to confirm that you are getting multiple bonuses for each reservation and it isn't a one and done deal?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 9:38 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by ellinj
So you are able to confirm that you are getting multiple bonuses for each reservation and it isn't a one and done deal?
Ive only got one credited thus far. If they credit 1k/night Im getting close to 4-5k/night average on most of my 1 night stays with the normal 1k bonus, 1.5k quarterly bonus or/and 2.5k regency club bonus, plus this one.... and of course that doesn't include the other bonus on nights stayed. gonna be a good year with hyatt.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: UA, Hyatt
How frustrating, saw this thread and found the email so thought I would try cancelling/rebooking an existing reservation. Discovered that the app appears to be broken and it won't let me login to my HGP account. Probably won't bother with using it now...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.