Wiki Posts
Search

Mattress Running in Vegas

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2014, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Plat

I am currently Hyatt Diamond and would like to keep the status for the following year. I'm going to Vegas in November and December and since I know properties are cheap I was thinking of mattress running between maybe the Excalibur and Luxor.

I wanted to see if anyone has mattress run specifically in Vegas and how much of a hassle it was. I've done mattress runnings at other hotels and it's not too bad, but Vegas hotels tend to have longer lines and it's not so easy just to get in and out of rooms.

Thanks.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Very easy to do. You'll have access to Mlife express lines for status derived from your Hyatt level. A few times, I've had NO line.

Neither of these properties is the Bellagio, but they are clean and friendly and inexpensive, not counting the "resort fee".
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JackE
Very easy to do. You'll have access to Mlife express lines for status derived from your Hyatt level. A few times, I've had NO line.

Neither of these properties is the Bellagio, but they are clean and friendly and inexpensive, not counting the "resort fee".
Thanks for your input.

Have you had any luck getting the resort fee removed? Sometimes it's as much as the room!
Old Sep 10, 2014, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You'd have to be NOIR to have any chance of avoiding the resort fee. Just consider it part of the hotel cost (still lower midweek than 98% of the Hyatts in the world)

Otherwise it's quite easy to hotel hop in Vegas. You check out via internet from your room. Check-in has the express lanes and, worst case, you can drop your luggage into storage and go do something else for a couple of hours. Not quite so easy to get the mlife stays to post correctly, so keep all receipts...

Don't forget the 1,000/2,000 bonus points for 3 nights at the Vegas hotels... Booking via mlife is cheaper than hyatt.com.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 4:29 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

And it cannot harm to contact Lmife for your bookings either.... they regularly run promotions that might or might not end up in your account. Although these tend to have a 2 night minimum (something like $50-200 resort credit for 2 nights).
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Would I still qualify for the 3-night promotion if my stays are one day only over multiple hotels?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by whatmakes
Would I still qualify for the 3-night promotion if my stays are one day only over multiple hotels?
Yes, but you have to have multiples of 3 in the same category. Luxor, Excalibur and Hyatt Place are the ones that get you 1,000 points. Can't remember the exact hotels for 2,000 points (New York, New York, Montecarlo, MGM Grand...)
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:43 pm

I once had the resort fee waived at the Excalibur.
I had a red eye flight out that night, so I booked room just for day use. I explained this at check in. I think the agent asked his manager and they agree to waive the resort fee as a one time exception.
Huge YMMV on this, but never hurts to ask.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 5:07 am

Programs: 2.4mm++ AA Plat, Hlt Diam, Hyt Globaist, Mrrt Gold, Gold Pts, MilesForDreams.com, etc.. etal..
I found the Hyatt Place was a fast in fast out hotel in Vegas. At one time they were part of CLC Lodging's discount program which will often get you discounted rates. You still earn stay credits and points.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 6:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globlist,MarriottPlat,Hilton Gold,Delta Silver,National EE,Avis President Club, Hertz PC
maybe consider cash and points at hyatt place to add nights. 2500 points and 50.00 per night.You get all points and stay credit as a paid stay.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by shaker58
maybe consider cash and points at hyatt place to add nights. 2500 points and 50.00 per night.You get all points and stay credit as a paid stay.
2500 points are worth another $50. I see rooms in some mLife hotels for well under $50/night.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
Did Vegas mile run earlier this year during spring 50k "endless possibility promo". Would book Excalibur and Luxor, can walk from one to the other, both ran about 43-45$ after taxes/RF/room cost. Good Luck on asking for Resort Fee to be removed. Not likely. Did about 10 stays, out of pocket was 450$. Helped me get to my 50k bonus. Plus on all my stays I received 600 WN points. Soooooo -about $100 worth of WN points......it was the greatest deal on Earf. . Actually will do this again in Nov so I can top off my 50k "Fall endless poss promo"

I was looking at cheapest way to get 50k Hyatt points. I'm on a flight, too much free time

6 x 3 night stays at Excalibur. 141$. Room & Tax/ Resort Fee. 141 x 6 = 846$.

2 x local Hyatt place. 2x 80. RT. 160$

All in. 1006$

50k Hyatt GP Points "targeted 50k/20s

6k points for 6 3 night stays Excalibur

1k points Hyatt Place Diamond Amenity. 2 x 500

Lots of leg work, but 57k pts for 1000$.

I value 57k points at about 1500$

Not bad.....

Last edited by antinseattle; Sep 11, 2014 at 4:36 pm
Old Sep 11, 2014, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by antinseattle
Did Vegas mile run earlier this year during spring 50k "endless possibility promo". Would book Excalibur and Luxor, can walk from one to the other, both ran about 43-45$ after taxes/RF/room cost. Good Luck on asking for Resort Fee to be removed. Not likely. Did about 10 stays, out of pocket was 450$. Helped me get to my 50k bonus. Plus on all my stays I received 600 WN points. Soooooo -about $100 worth of WN points......it was the greatest deal on Earf. . Actually will do this again in Nov so I can top off my 50k "Fall endless poss promo"

I was looking at cheapest way to get 50k Hyatt points. I'm on a flight, too much free time

6 x 3 night stays at Excalibur. 141$. Room & Tax/ Resort Fee. 141 x 6 = 846$.

2 x local Hyatt place. 2x 80. RT. 160$

All in. 1006$

50k Hyatt GP Points "targeted 50k/20s

6k points for 6 3 night stays Excalibur

1k points Hyatt Place Diamond Amenity. 2 x 500

Lots of leg work, but 57k pts for 1000$.

I value 57k points at about 1500$

Not bad.....
Except mlife hotels don't count for the 50k/20 night promo...
Old Sep 11, 2014, 5:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Except mlife hotels don't count for the 50k/20 night promo...
Ya. Just got a proactive PM from Hyatt GP

Was unaware. They counted in the spring 50k/20. Didn't look close enough at detailed T & C. Boo on the change from Spring Promo
Old Sep 12, 2014, 8:53 am
Original Poster

I wish I was targeted for that awesome promo, but unfortunately I was not

Any reason you picked Hyatt Place over Luxor? Did you have a car during this time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.