Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

"Hyatt has it" program - which brands?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2014, 8:12 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

A year or so ago, Hyatt announced "Hyatt has it". Each hotel is to have a list of products available for guests. You can find the items listed on their website. Some of the items are consumables and some are for guests to borrow and return. The worst thing that can - and has - happened to me on a trip is for my phone or computer charger to break or go missing. It's a godsend when a hotel has one for me to borrow. What brands does Hyatt expect to provide this service? I'm on a trip at a Hyatt Place, I'm unable to charge my phone. The cable that has a USB to mini USB connection seems to have broken. I thought, no problem, the hotel will have it. It doesn't. It has no chargers at all. Is this program strictly for the Hyatt brand?
Old Aug 29, 2014, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
A year or so ago, Hyatt announced "Hyatt has it". Each hotel is to have a list of products available for guests. You can find the items listed on their website. Some of the items are consumables and some are for guests to borrow and return. The worst thing that can - and has - happened to me on a trip is for my phone or computer charger to break or go missing. It's a godsend when a hotel has one for me to borrow. What brands does Hyatt expect to provide this service? I'm on a trip at a Hyatt Place, I'm unable to charge my phone. The cable that has a USB to mini USB connection seems to have broken. I thought, no problem, the hotel will have it. It doesn't. It has no chargers at all. Is this program strictly for the Hyatt brand?
This probably doesn't help you, but we stayed at a Hyatt Regency which had it. We do have a Hyatt Place stay coming up, can report back.

I will say, I love the service (I think the card said "Convenience Collection"). Ring them up, give them a list of what you want, they put it in a small canvas bag, hang it on your door, and (key for me).... LEAVE.

The card did list chargers, but we didn't have to avail themselves to it.

Does the front desk or housekeeping have a lost-and-found? That's my first stop when I need to borrow a charging cord. Most of the time, they just let me keep it.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 8:45 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I'm unsure but properties that have it generally have a card beside the bed or listed in the compendium.

Frankly, at a PH I would expect the property to offer me one they have, or offer for the concierge to purchase me one at my expense, say from a local Apple store.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 11:11 pm

You almost certainly want a micro-USB cable, not a mini-USB cable. Possibly the hotel misunderstood your request? (I wouldn't expect them to have any mini-USB cables lying around.)

Just throwing this out there.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 12:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IME Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, and Grand Hyatt have the printed list of what they offer, but this doesn't mean that something else is impossible. I would expect PH and to some extent Andaz to be able to acquire almost anything for you that's legal and maybe some objects and services that aren't.

The last time I was in a HP it was a new one which is larger than most and had more food choices available in the gallery. I noticed a big flat basket on the counter next to the bar cash register that had a collection of toiletry things for sale. I suspect this was similar to the "keep" items on the printed list, but they weren't free. I've never noticed this in other HP locations.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 6:18 am
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davie355
You almost certainly want a micro-USB cable, not a mini-USB cable. Possibly the hotel misunderstood your request? (I wouldn't expect them to have any mini-USB cables lying around.)\
Thanks, a helpful post as I am atrocious at knowing the precise terms of any cable. But my husband took it to the front desk so they saw it visually rather than being told any terms. They had no chargers, no cables, nothing, not even in their lost and found. (The hotel has only been open 3 months.)
Old Aug 30, 2014, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
.....Is this program strictly for the Hyatt brand?
If you click on "full list of available items", it shows you a complete list with a footnote:

* Available for purchase at Hyatt Place and Hyatt House. Availability varies by hotel.
My read is that only items with * are available for purchase at Hyatt Place and Hyatt House, others items are not available. Chargers are not on the * list.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by LAXative
Does the front desk or housekeeping have a lost-and-found? That's my first stop when I need to borrow a charging cord. Most of the time, they just let me keep it.
Well before the program in the OP was announced, I've always checked with the FD about lost and found - the box at your average HP always had a couple of dozen chargers, of all brands. The hotels usually just let me keep one since they had found so many left behind in rooms that went unclaimed.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 8:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold Elite, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by LAXative
I will say, I love the service (I think the card said "Convenience Collection"). Ring them up, give them a list of what you want, they put it in a small canvas bag, hang it on your door, and (key for me).... LEAVE.
Last time I tried it (Hyatt Arlington), I called twice in a two-night stay and nothing ever showed up.

When I have used it and they have shown up, they have insisted on banging on the door until I answered. Even when I have specifically asked them to just leave it hanging on the door like they're supposed to, so I could shower at my convenience without worrying about answering the door. I'm guessing they want the interaction because there's a chance of a tip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.