Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt fooling people with rates for +1 day

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum

Hey,

I dont know if this has been discussed before, but i feel a little fooled by Hyatt.

Just wanted to check some rates for the GH HKG for a stay between September 19 - 21st.

When I search for 19-21st it shows me 362 as average daily room rate.
Now I checked 19-20 => still 362
20-21 => is only 331!

So when I book 2 single stays its cheaper than when I book all in once, or am I thinking wrong?

http://hongkong.grand.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html
Old Aug 22, 2014, 3:27 pm

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
A regular occurrence with hyatt.

Best thing to do is call GP. They are not trying to cheat you just a software and availability issue.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 3:30 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by dewby

Best thing to do is call GP. They are not trying to cheat you just a software and availability issue.
Can they book the separate rates over the phone as one reservation? I've just run into this problem and thought about booking things individually online and then calling in and linking the reservations

FDW
Old Aug 22, 2014, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by dewby

argh ok, but really felt cheated after I discovered it
How can they have such bad software, their website is horrible, so many error pages...
Old Aug 22, 2014, 4:51 pm

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 1:25 am
Old Aug 22, 2014, 6:09 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.2; SM-G900V Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/35.0.1916.141 Mobile Safari/537.36)

This is a regular issue with hyatt and detestable, but you just have to always check multiple combinations.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro/4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Smile

Originally Posted by angatol
I have a program to calculate all Hyatt stay combinations and the results are quite fascinating. A 14 night stay has 8192 possible combinations so it's not very easy to do by hand, but have seen savings of 20-30%.
I want this program.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by pokergrinder
argh ok, but really felt cheated after I discovered it
How can they have such bad software, their website is horrible, so many error pages...
This (pricing based on a particular stay dates rather than a mere sum of individual nights) is a common pricing practice across the entire hotel industry, and not limited to Hyatt. Airlines do similar things too.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 2:01 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Like many other programmes the effect is not always negative although May be.

Sometimes if the first day is cheaper you will get the following nights at the same rate. It's a bit hit and miss.

If I find cheaper nights being raised by the algorithim is simple call gp and they sort it out.

Recently had this problem with a booking over new year where the rates rise for that one day. GP resolved the issue favourably.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 3:08 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Same problem with HR Mag Mile, cheaper booked as single night stays midweek. Called GP to apply a DSU and the rate shot up to what the website showed for a single stay. Another call to GP straightened it. Never saw this on IHG's "terrible" website, as the rate per night always reflected the same whether booked as a single stay or individually. Takes some getting used to, being newly back to DIA.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 7:59 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Marriott website seems to be able to handle rate changes over a stay pretty well.

FDW
Old Aug 23, 2014, 8:28 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, United 1K
+1!!!
Old Aug 23, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by angatol
I have a program to calculate all Hyatt stay combinations and the results are quite fascinating. A 14 night stay has 8192 possible combinations so it's not very easy to do by hand, but have seen savings of 20-30%.
Time to make some money. How much?
Old Aug 23, 2014, 9:50 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Cool

Originally Posted by okrogius
This (pricing based on a particular stay dates rather than a mere sum of individual nights) is a common pricing practice across the entire hotel industry, and not limited to Hyatt. Airlines do similar things too.
Yes indeed. It is called revenue/yield management. Some instances are in error, but not all. Very common these days.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 9:59 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 1:42 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.