Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Fall Promotion 2014 - Earn up to 50,000 Bonus Points - stay 9/1-11/30/14

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Were you targetted?
Diamond - Tragetted
28.51%
Diamond - Not Targetted
42.57%
Platinum - Targetted
8.15%
Platinum - Not Targetted
14.66%
Gold - Targetted
2.85%
Gold - Not Targetted
3.26%
Voters: 491. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Ashasan2005
Please post your targeted offer with link:
- 5000 points after 5 nights, 10000 points after 10 nights, 15000 points after 15 nights, 20000 points after 20 nights for a total of 50k points
http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content/partnerlandingpage/en/50KSTAY20.html
- 5000 points after one stay, 5k maximum
http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content/partnerlandingpage/en/5KSTAY1.html
-2000 points after one stay, 2k maximum
http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content/partnerlandingpage/en/2KSTAY1.html
-2000 points after one stay, 4k maximum
http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/partnerlandingpage/en/2KSTAY2/.html
- 10000 points after 3 stays, 10k maximum
http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content/partnerlandingpage/en/10KSTAY3.html
- 2000 points after one stay, 6k maximum
http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content/partnerlandingpage/en/2KSTAY3.html
- 8000 points after 2 stays, 8k maximum
http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content/partnerlandingpage/en/8KSTAY2.html
Print Wikipost

Fall Promotion 2014 - Earn up to 50,000 Bonus Points - stay 9/1-11/30/14

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:20 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Hyatt is just dominating everyone one else with these promos....this is their second 50k of the calendar year...that's 100k just in bonus points. I love My Hyatt Diamond and the benefits I get from it. I also love the repeat of this 50k promo and of course being eligible for it!!
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I never got the email, but that may be because I preemptively followed the link and signed up. It's not really going to change my behavior much, my known stays are probably going to yield 11 nights. If for some reason I get to 13 nights by November 20, then it'll be worth me doing two one-night stays at the HR Woodfield over Thanksgiving weekend.

The Marriott and Hilton promos are completely uninspiring, so I'm waiting now for IHG so I can figure out what I'm going to do in the small towns where there is no Hyatt.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:46 pm

I got 2k after 1 stay and wife was not eligible for any of them! Both are Plats through having the Hyatt card). She had a 3 night award stay booked and I did not. She also had a recent award stay credit to her account.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 3:22 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
I never got the email, but that may be because I preemptively followed the link and signed up. It's not really going to change my behavior much, my known stays are probably going to yield 11 nights. If for some reason I get to 13 nights by November 20, then it'll be worth me doing two one-night stays at the HR Woodfield over Thanksgiving weekend.

The Marriott and Hilton promos are completely uninspiring, so I'm waiting now for IHG so I can figure out what I'm going to do in the small towns where there is no Hyatt.
Some Hyatt promo emails were still being sent out c. 7 hours ago I've been seeing a bunch of stay 1 night get 5k points come in within the past 24 hours for non-elite accounts.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, HGP Diamond, HH Gold, Marriott, CC Gold, SPG
i just got mine last night. I'm a Diamond. 2k per stay. Max 4k.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Rivarix
At least you got a response from them. When did you contact them? I contacted Hyatt through their website on Monday night and still haven't heard back anything.

Granted, i asked them to explain why I'm not eligible so maybe they aren't sure what to say but it's been two days. I was fine with not being targeted - companies run these sort of discriminatory policies all the time to generate incremental revenue - but one would think Hyatt at least have the decency to respond?
I initially reached out to [email protected] but when that was ineffective I escalated and I did get an offer that worked for me. I would suggest calling in and speaking with someone and ask to escalate to someone in marketing who may be able to help you.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by dmodemd
I initially reached out to [email protected] but when that was ineffective I escalated and I did get an offer that worked for me. I would suggest calling in and speaking with someone and ask to escalate to someone in marketing who may be able to help you.
How / with whom did you escalate?

Has anyone else been successful in getting the 50K offer that wasn't targeted (that doesn't have a Hyatt concierge)?
Old Aug 21, 2014, 4:07 pm

Programs: HGP Diamond, HH Gold
Originally Posted by jdawg
How / with whom did you escalate?

Has anyone else been successful in getting the 50K offer that wasn't targeted (that doesn't have a Hyatt concierge)?
Nope

I am under a Diamond Trial that began August 13th.

So far I have

3 Stays
4 Nights

with 8 more Stays and for a total of 19 nights booked between now and Oct 17th I will make my Diamond challenge easily. I will have 28 night stayed by end of November and 35 nights by EOY. Unfortunately I did not qualify for the 20n-50k promo But I did get the 2k for next 3 for a total of 6K. The 50K would be nice and I did call the diamond line and ask for the promo. I was told no. I did nicely ask for someone who could let me know why and I was still told no. As a new under trial Diamond member I'm not surprised I wasn't targeted. Hopefully next year will qualify for the better targeted promos. Really enjoying Hyatt over Hilton. Maybe next year I will try SPG.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by trvljunkie74
Nope

I am under a Diamond Trial that began August 13th.

So far I have

3 Stays
4 Nights

with 8 more Stays and for a total of 19 nights booked between now and Oct 17th I will make my Diamond challenge easily. I will have 28 night stayed by end of November and 35 nights by EOY. Unfortunately I did not qualify for the 20n-50k promo But I did get the 2k for next 3 for a total of 6K. The 50K would be nice and I did call the diamond line and ask for the promo. I was told no. I did nicely ask for someone who could let me know why and I was still told no. As a new under trial Diamond member I'm not surprised I wasn't targeted. Hopefully next year will qualify for the better targeted promos. Really enjoying Hyatt over Hilton. Maybe next year I will try SPG.
Why in the world would they give it to someone in a trial? You're already getting a tremendous opportunity.

"Really enjoying Hyatt over Hilton. Maybe next year I will try SPG." No offense, but loyalty is a two way street.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:38 pm

Suppose I did not click the Hyatt email link to register for 5k on my next stay, would I be able to register through the links in the wiki?

Was too quick to click on the email...
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jdawg
Ineligible for all promos (and not part of the My Hyatt Concierge pilot).

Diamond
23 stays / 66 nights YTD

You would think Hyatt would want to give me incentive to stay more nights after I re-qualified for Diamond, guess I'm going to be check out what Starwood & Hilton are going to offer as Hyatt doesn't seem to want my additional business.
33/40 and nothing. I have decided to ask Hyatt Concierge though.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
50K pts for me, diamond targeted.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by flytoeat
No offense, but loyalty is a two way street.
is that really your experience? really? i'd love some examples of 'loyalty' shown by programs. i think a more apt terminology would be that we use them and they use us.

however, i think we, the members (be it hotel, air, whatever) are the more loyal. we don't dangle carrots and them pull them back in the middle of the night (cough, AA, cough). i've met a lot of blindly loyal members (marriott lovers come to mind!).

frankly, most won't agree, but i think the most loyalty i've seen in recent years was from..... HILTON. yes, they obliterated their award chart- truly, destroyed it (caveat being, it was WAY too generous at the high end to sustain). however, they gave a ton of notice, played ZERO, absolutely ZERO, games with availability, and actually let people book out 2 years- which the program doesn't even allow. if someone didn't use their hilton points at the old rate, it was not hilton's fault. conrad maldives became an AXON award club house!

hilton's genuine act of loyalty was an anomaly in the industry. hyatt running a promo where they randomly exclude some of their best customers (as demonstrated by the data in this thread) is akin to punishing loyalty and taking it for granted. it's typical 'bull market' mentality- short sighted.

i think a key difference is that many of us, when we are treated well, do actually show loyalty to a brand. kind of hard to argue that hyatt is doing the same given i know of someone with 130 PAID (not reward) nights YTD across over 20 properties, mostly high end, who was shut out. didn't even get the 2k for 1 night offer- lol. ouch. that would piss me off enough to switch and let hyatt know about every night i switched.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 5:01 am

Programs: 2.4mm++ AA Plat, Hlt Diam, Hyt Globaist, Mrrt Gold, Gold Pts, MilesForDreams.com, etc.. etal..
" ...hyatt running a promo where they randomly exclude some of their best customers (as demonstrated by the data in this thread) is akin to punishing loyalty and taking it for granted. it's typical 'bull market' mentality- short sighted...."

From the appearances of past Hyatt actions (including at me). They are targeting individuals who have little or no upcoming Hyatt activity to generate more revenue. Can't blame them.

My wife has an account we never use and she got targeted. I'm a Diamond with 15 stays booked and nothing.

IMHO the best way to get targeted is to have the Hyatt Card and don't use it and have a Hyatt GP account and don't have any stays booked.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:48 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Milesbuilder

IMHO the best way to get targeted is to have the Hyatt Card and don't use it and have a Hyatt GP account and don't have any stays booked.
Many of those kind of Hyatt GP members have not been receiving this promo and/or not a very good version of this promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.