Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:21 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Reminder, if you quote a post that has a picture in it, please do not quote the pic itself - lots of space and slows down the page a lot. I've just deleted several.

Peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt
Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:21 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
There is a pay 3 stay 4 offer with Virtuoso on paid stays. Blackouts of 6-8 Sept, 21-25 Sept, 31oct-2nov, and then the Christmas shopping period of 28 nov -14 dec

Cannot combine for a stay 8 pay 6
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ABG
There is a pay 3 stay 4 offer with Virtuoso on paid stays. Blackouts of 6-8 Sept, 21-25 Sept, 31oct-2nov, and then the Christmas shopping period of 28 nov -14 dec

Cannot combine for a stay 8 pay 6
Nets it down to around $450/night before tax? If not, how much would the net per night cost for the four night stay?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:44 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Nets it down to around $450/night before tax? If not, how much would the net per night cost for the four night stay?
depends on your arrival date which with a floating rate system will dictate your rate point
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
If only that price was possible for sept-dec, wouldn't need the virtuoso rate
Old Aug 29, 2014, 6:27 am

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K

Checked in yesterday and there have been numerous missteps from a room that was 80 degrees when entering (and thus the cheese amenity had melted), to indifferent service ("the lounge service offers complimentary drinks all day but just not right now - sorry") to the Nespresso-like machine having no coffee to the hammering being done above my room right now that woke us up. A call down to guest services was greeted with a "that is construction going on" not "sorry for waking you"

Someone should have slipped notification under our door if they were going to wake us up at 8am

Now they are drilling right above us !
Old Aug 29, 2014, 6:36 am

Just informed that since I'm on the 19th floor, "that work is being done in the residences right above you and not the hotel and there is nothing we can do other than ask them to stop. We should have been informed but we weren't."

So there you have it -- be careful what floor you are placed on -- hammer, hammer/drill, drill...
Old Aug 29, 2014, 7:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me
Just informed that since I'm on the 19th floor, "that work is being done in the residences right above you and not the hotel and there is nothing we can do other than ask them to stop. We should have been informed but we weren't."

So there you have it -- be careful what floor you are placed on -- hammer, hammer/drill, drill...
Isn't the 20th floor part of the hotel too? I was under the impression that the hotel gym and the spa were around the 24th or 25th or 26th floor. Did they squeeze residences in the floor between the gym and your floor?
Old Aug 29, 2014, 8:35 am

I was misinformed - or I'm not sure - hotel doesn't seem to know - but just saw rooms across from me -- 1902 and 1904 -- with construction crews inside / drilling / hammering -- so perhaps that is where the noise is coming from -- amazing two different managers unaware though....
Old Aug 29, 2014, 9:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Reading the few reviews, i am not impressed by the service so far. Was planning to spend a few days there at the end of november but i might just cancel. Will rather head straight out to Asia instead...

I am not sure it will work that way and awards nights will released into available inventory but if anyone is interested in getting 4 nights on points from nov 25th till the 29th send me a pm and we'll try to coordinate when i cancel.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Park junior suite king. 811 sq feet. Looking for input.

Award booked for November 2014 arrival. Any input on this type of "room" appreciated. Thank you.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:02 pm

One should be aware that Diamonds receive the 57th street breakfast and no substitutions !

I made mistake of ordering the frittata as my "eggs" and got charged $23 for it. Another diamond at a table next to us asked to have oatmeal instead of the eggs and was denied.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me
One should be aware that Diamonds receive the 57th street breakfast and no substitutions !

I made mistake of ordering the frittata as my "eggs" and got charged $23 for it. Another diamond at a table next to us asked to have oatmeal instead of the eggs and was denied.
I guess I should count myself lucky for getting away with Eggs Benedict as my egg/meat/toast.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Shangri-la Golden Circle
I am currently staying in an ADA Park Double Beds Roll-In Shower and Tub. Here are some photos.

The room measures 813 square feet -- even bigger than some of their suites. A great deal well worth the 30,000 points. I will be staying here for five nights.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 3:43 pm

How would a Diamond compare this to the Andaz Fifth? Although room hardware is nice, I put a premium on food/breakfast, and the Andaz gives a $75/room/night allowance. This seems to be a bit more generous than the eggs & meat & toast/person/night at the Park. Welcome Amenity sounds comparable. Is there a Lounge at the Park like at the Grand Hyatt? Or even something smaller like at 48th?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.