Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by askyfullofstars
I have never in my life had blood and feces in my room before. I have stayed a lot of nights in a lot of hotels but this has never happened before. So I can't believe I still haven't heard anything either. I could see if I was looking for some sort of compensation or something maybe there being a delay but I have been VERY clear that I do not want anything from Hyatt besides an apology. It seems like at this point they are just ignoring the situation as they basically did while I was there. The General Manager was rude as could be via email and couldn't be bothered while there so I have no doubt I will not hear anything from them.
Tweet Hyatt with those pictures. I'd also post on their FB page.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Andrea Waters
Tweet Hyatt with those pictures. I'd also post on their FB page.
The situation does seem to be an extreme case, especially for a hotel of this caliber. My initial thought was could it perhaps have been staged?
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:38 am

Yes, this seems to be extraordinary beyond the realm of likely reality and seems to be starting to come apart for the OP. Their last posting says that they have heard nothing but then goes on to say that the GM was rude in their email response, so it sounds like they have heard nothing that they wanted to hear, not that they have received no response. My guess is that the hotel is tired of hearing from them, as I would probably be as well after moving them three times and still getting nothing but complaints.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
The situation does seem to be an extreme case, especially for a hotel of this caliber. My initial thought was could it perhaps have been staged?
You know, that was my initial thought because I questioned the sanity and intelligence of anyone who would put a foreign brown stain up to their nose in a hotel room. BUT, I am always so snarky on FT so I just decided not to say anything at all.

I think there may be something to your thought. The entire scenario just seems so weird to me.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 5:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
Originally Posted by Andrea Waters
You know, that was my initial thought because I questioned the sanity and intelligence of anyone who would put a foreign brown stain up to their nose in a hotel room. BUT, I am always so snarky on FT so I just decided not to say anything at all.

I think there may be something to your thought. The entire scenario just seems so weird to me.
I have always been of the belief, if there is nothing nice to say, don't say anything.

But from the outset it smelt a little off... lol (staged, yes)
Old Jan 30, 2015, 5:32 pm

I actually am telling the truth, but I appreciate your view in not believing me. I didn't ask to be moved three times either, it was the hotels decision to move us. I only asked to be moved after we were put in a room that felt like a jail cell, I never asked for upgrades. I was very happy staying in the room I paid for. There would be no reason for me to 'stage' blood and feces that is monstrous what would be the point. I mean do people really take feces from a toilet and smear it on things? You people are really twisted if that is something you do... or if you're into that kinda thing god bless. I have given the other person I was traveling with your feedback about smelling the poo, trust me I think it's nasty too. The manager who decided to sniff it also thought it was nasty.

I think a lot of people want to see the worst in each other and I get it. But in this scenario it was truly a set of unfortunate incidents that were just grosser and grosser.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 10:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I agree... I actually don't believe the post.

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus

Last edited by Radiant Flyer; Jan 30, 2015 at 10:13 pm
Old Jan 31, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I actually am telling the truth, but I appreciate your view in not believing me. I didn't ask to be moved three times either, it was the hotels decision to move us. I only asked to be moved after we were put in a room that felt like a jail cell, I never asked for upgrades. I was very happy staying in the room I paid for. There would be no reason for me to 'stage' blood and feces that is monstrous what would be the point. I mean do people really take feces from a toilet and smear it on things? You people are really twisted if that is something you do... or if you're into that kinda thing god bless. I have given the other person I was traveling with your feedback about smelling the poo, trust me I think it's nasty too. The manager who decided to sniff it also thought it was nasty.

I think a lot of people want to see the worst in each other and I get it. But in this scenario it was truly a set of unfortunate incidents that were just grosser and grosser.
We don't know your motives here. I'm just saying it is an extreme case of odd events. That coupled with the fact that you only had 4 posts prior to the big photo expose of the blood, urine, and feces makes it extremely suspect. That's the thing about these message boards, we have no idea if you are the twisted manager at the competing hotel next door trying to drive traffic to your property or if you are a disgruntled employee with a chip on your shoulder of if you were just a guest with a really bad series of extremely rare and gross events happening to you one after the other at this property in a very short timeframe.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 6:40 pm

Which NYC Hyatt -- Park or Times Square

For using Chase Diamond Suite Night award...
Given the not a true suite for PH for a family of 3.
TIA

Last edited by cmjaffe; Jan 31, 2015 at 11:40 pm Reason: incorrect info previously posted
Old Jan 31, 2015, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by cmjaffe
So we have a Chase 2 nights in SUITE that will be expiring at end of February. We are going to NYC next week and lo & behold a Jr. Suite is available for use for our nights. Originally I had 2 nights booked at HTS. We are traveling w/teenage daughter who LOVES the breakfast at HTS... I have always been curious about staying PHNY since we've never stayed at any PH in all the years DH has been diamond... just has never been in cities we've visited...I've looked at the breakfast menu and wonder if it's possible to order something slightly "off menu" (such as a traditional omlette etc) for Libby. Most things listed seem a bit "gourmet" for her palate. She's in heaven with the oreo shakes and sweet pancakes at HTS. Should we take a chance and stay at the Park or Times Square but he entry level suite at TS might not have the sofa bed and rollaway would be a bit tight (as well as being charged for it). We will be spending time (hopefully weather permitting) shopping and going to a show or two so both...
SO FT experts... Which hotel would you choose.
BTW, if the certificate didn't expire I had a reasonable rate for HTS in a double bedded room and would have saved certificate for another time.
Out of those two choices, I'd choose the Park Hyatt but that's because I absolutely despise anything near Times Square. I think it's a vile place to spend any time at all, especially a vacation. But I do understand that children/teenagers/people from less urban areas may find it exciting.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 8:08 pm

thank you

Last edited by cmjaffe; Jan 31, 2015 at 11:37 pm Reason: not relevant
Old Feb 1, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: United 1K; AA Platinum
First time poster on the forum, but long time reader! Be kind

A few moments after settling into our room I went to the restroom and to my dismay there was one towel which looked like it had a urine stain on it. OK, that's odd. I put it aside, but then the next towel that was going to be used had spots of blood all over it. Gross.

I called down to the front desk, the staff was mortified and moved us immediately.
Why move rooms instead of just having those towels replaced?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 4:35 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by blueheronNC
Why move rooms instead of just having those towels replaced?
Because the hotel and it's management is essentially clueless in places about service recovery and taking care of the guest in the tradition that the Park Hyatt legacy is based on.
I still need to share my story in full detail Sad
There are some fantastic individuals at this hotel but they still fail to work effectively as a team and a giant evolving work in progress
I think they will get it once they realize they aren't as good as they think they are
And not bring the latest game in town wears off
Translation willing to embrace guests in a fully engaged and unconditional manner especially Hyatts most frequent customers
Yes agreed changing the towels and a small gesture of apology
Agreed why change the room unless other issues!!!
Old Feb 1, 2015, 6:32 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Playing Devil's advocate, this could be the result of a child and the room not properly cleaned prior to the guest being hastily moved.

It is not out of realm of possibility of a wealthy family, possibly with nanny, booking the suite prior and having a little accident or even changing a baby on the couch. Housekeeping may have done a quick check and marked the room as clean and ready.

There are other x rated scenarios in which this could occur.... and the location on the couch would also make sense.

A first time poster does not mean the guest is lying.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Playing Devil's advocate, this could be the result of a child and the room not properly cleaned prior to the guest being hastily moved.

It is not out of realm of possibility of a wealthy family, possibly with nanny, booking the suite prior and having a little accident or even changing a baby on the couch. Housekeeping may have done a quick check and marked the room as clean and ready.

There are other x rated scenarios in which this could occur.... and the location on the couch would also make sense.

A first time poster does not mean the guest is lying.
Good point. A related possibility is that someone tried to change a child's diaper on the sofa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.