Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Current Parking Prices (as of 8/4/2019) at QuikPark LAX; same shuttle as Hyatt.

Valet $55 per night
Self Park with In/Out $48 per night
Overnight Self Park $28 per night

https://www.quikparklosangelesairport.com/reservations/
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by slocouple
And yet it doesn't appear in the list of Los Angeles choices for any dates I search. Trustguy, what did you search?
I found it at the top of the list when I searched using LAX as the location. It's supposedly only 0.2 miles from the airport. On the right side of the list, there's a blank space where hotels show the icon for their Hyatt brand.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 6:45 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I found it at the top of the list when I searched using LAX as the location. It's supposedly only 0.2 miles from the airport. On the right side of the list, there's a blank space where hotels show the icon for their Hyatt brand.
Same here but I had no idea where it was. Now that I know its the radisson, I'll pass. I stayed at this Radisson to collect club carlson stays for promo's last year and the place is a freaking pig sty and dump. No way Hyatt has had time to significantly improve it.

I'll pass (for now)
Old Aug 1, 2014, 11:32 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When I called GP to book, they indicated that it was possible Diamond breakfast would not be included. Can you confirm or deny?
Thanks!
Is this true?

Also, if so, this sounds like the property doesn't grant any elite benefits. Would this also mean no room upgrades either?

In other words, we earn points and night/stay credits here but nothing else. Is this correct?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 1:43 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

It also doesn't look like you can currently stay there on points either. When will that change?

Incidentally, getting AAA rates from $119 up, depending on dates, so I sure hope this doesn't turn out to be a high category hotel!
Old Aug 2, 2014, 3:29 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
When I called GP to book, they indicated that it was possible Diamond breakfast would not be included. Can you confirm or deny?
Thanks!
This is a concern, especially as they are changing brands so quickly. I cannot see the exclusion in the GP T&C's. Perhaps Hyatt Concierge can clarify?
Old Aug 2, 2014, 7:50 am
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
I stayed here on Thursday night. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to get breakfast, as my stay was very short. I may be returning in a week or so, and I'll see if I can find out. According to Hyatt Concierge on twitter, breakfast would be included, but I think they were answering in general terms, not specific to this property.

My Diamond status was noted at check in. I received a room on the top floor facing Terminals 7/8. I wasn't asked about Diamond Amenity or anything else. I did notice I received 2 newspapers (all other rooms had just one).

I'm guessing I didn't get the Diamond amenity points, but we'll see later when (if) the stay posts to my Hyatt account.

This hotel is perfectional fine. Its not to the typical Hyatt brand standard, but it worked for my needs, convenient to LAX (I walked to T7 in less than 10 minutes), and will count as a stay towards my requalification.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 7:14 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Is this true?

Also, if so, this sounds like the property doesn't grant any elite benefits. Would this also mean no room upgrades either?

In other words, we earn points and night/stay credits here but nothing else. Is this correct?
I predicted this a few posts back. I am delaying booking this hotel until I can confirm benefits exist. From early indicators, things need time to sort out.

On another note, is there a car rental counter at ths hotel? I generally stay @ the Hilton, since I can return the Hertz car to the dungeon there...
Old Aug 3, 2014, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
I stayed at this property a few times when it was still a Radisson - nothing to get excited about, but I was actually somewhat impressed by the service: very friendly staff, got upgraded to a massive one-bedroom suite (w/ 2 bathroom and living room with dining table and 3 sofas) on each stay and the rooms/suites were very quiet. As long as the rates are reasonable, I don't mind staying there.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 11:42 am

Bump.....Now I'm second guessing my reservation here (overnight connection at LAX, late afternoon to the following morning) versus my usual Sheraton Gateway at LAX, although now I'm thinking about experimenting with trying to walk to the Sheraton since The Concourse Hotel is supposedly an easy walk and the Sheraton appears to just be down the street, even in the same large block according to some reports.

For me, the breakfast isn't necessarily a big deal since I'll get either breakfast or lunch on board and I'll have lounge access at LAX, but no chance of an upgrade versus the Sheraton's club lounge as well as a likely upgrade to a large junior suite do make a difference to me. OTOH, I need more Hyatt stays this year, so I'm wondering what I should do. My rate at the Sheraton is higher, but their lounge looks like a big benefit given my schedule. (I'll get a FC late lunch on my inbound flight, so I won't want a big dinner but I'll probably want some sort of snack that evening. The Sheraton lounge would work well, or I could experiment with taking the Hyatt F&B amenity instead of points, but obviously if this Hyatt won't honor that benefit.)

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Aug 5, 2014 at 11:47 am
Old Aug 5, 2014, 5:41 pm

Bump.....Now I'm second guessing my reservation here (overnight connection at LAX, late afternoon to the following morning) versus my usual Sheraton Gateway at LAX, although now I'm thinking about experimenting with trying to walk to the Sheraton since The Concourse Hotel is supposedly an easy walk and the Sheraton appears to just be down the street, even in the same large block according to some reports.
The 2 hotels are not that far apart, maybe 1/5 mile. If you're familiar with LAX, it's farther to walk from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 than the 2 hotel.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Roboto
The 2 hotels are not that far apart, maybe 1/5 mile. If you're familiar with LAX, it's farther to walk from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 than the 2 hotel.
I assume I'll arrive and depart from T5 (DL), which is some distance from T1 or T3.

In fact, are there walkways along the airport entrance/exit roads on the T4/5/6/7 side of TBIT with a good place to cross the main street to the hotel or would it be better to walk first to T1 within the airport and then continue to the hotel?
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:58 pm

Arriving at T5, I would just take the shuttle.

BTW, here are some pics from this afternoon:

Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:49 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
They say the shuttle is every 10 minutes so I am planning to walk from T1,2, and T7,8 to the hotel and wait for the bus for the other terminals.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Good evening Flyertalkers!

The Concourse Hotel at LAX will grant Gold Passport points and stay credit for all eligible stays there while they are in the process of transitioning to a Hyatt.

I hope you enjoy the new property!

Abrea H
To be clear, if I stay here on a rate booked through hyatt.com, I earn points and night/stay credit toward elite status for next year, right?

However, what isn't said concerns elite benefits: Should I assume no room upgrade even if available at check in, no 4 pm checkout, no free breakfast, etc.?

Also, this property doesn't seem to have a lounge. Correct? Will that change in the future?
Old Aug 8, 2014, 1:17 pm

bump, so do diamonds get breakfast at this hotel or not?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.