Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Current Parking Prices (as of 8/4/2019) at QuikPark LAX; same shuttle as Hyatt.

Valet $55 per night
Self Park with In/Out $48 per night
Overnight Self Park $28 per night

https://www.quikparklosangelesairport.com/reservations/
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2014, 10:58 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Still no 1,000 points for me.
Have you contacted CS? If the amenity doesn't post initially with the stay, it won't unless manually adjusted by CS.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 1:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Two or three times I've tried to reach my private line agent. I suspect she may be vacationing now.

I've had other cases where the 1,000 points automatically appeared later, especially at one hotel I use frequently.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 4:22 pm

Stayed at this hotel on this past weekend. Upon check out, I noticed that breakfast charge was not removed just like others mentioned.

Also, do people have issue with the hotel posting stay credit (not just the welcome point?)

How long will this property take to post onto hyatt account on average?
Old Sep 15, 2014, 10:04 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by anchor79
Stayed at this hotel on this past weekend. Upon check out, I noticed that breakfast charge was not removed just like others mentioned.

Also, do people have issue with the hotel posting stay credit (not just the welcome point?)

How long will this property take to post onto hyatt account on average?
It posts longer than most Hyatts, 3-4 days in my experience.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Two or three times I've tried to reach my private line agent. I suspect she may be vacationing now.

I've had other cases where the 1,000 points automatically appeared later, especially at one hotel I use frequently.
Hyatt is the 1 chain I ironically hope they pts don't originally post.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Hyatt is the 1 chain I ironically hope they pts don't originally post.
First reaction:

Second reaction: Like being "satisfied" re the wrong bed type, or the lounge being closed for the "right" reason.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Firewind
First reaction:

Second reaction: Like being "satisfied" re the wrong bed type, or the lounge being closed for the "right" reason.
I should clarify and mean diamond amenity pts.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
I stayed at this property last night and found it to be better than expected. I was greeted warmly upon entry into the lobby, and when I got in the Diamond line to check in, the concierge called me over and checked me in so that I didn't have to wait. They offered me an upgrade to a junior suite, but was told that it was close to the elevator and did not face the airport (I asked for a room facing the runways). The concierge found me a very nice deluxe room. The furniture was dated, but the overall feel of the hotel was not old or stuffy. I strolled out to In n Out to grab some food and happily ate it at the bar with a nice glass of wine. The bartenders and all the F&B folks that I chatted with were over the top nice.

I was offered points or an amenity. I had a 6AM flight so I didn't inquire about breakfast.

The shuttle seemed to run every 20 minutes in the morning. Very efficient system.

I will definitely keep this property in mind when I need to be at LAX early or I arrive there late.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 8:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The bar also has a case of grab and go type food that looked pretty good. I wish I had noticed this before going out foraging for a light dinner when I arrived.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by meducate
I had a 6AM flight so I didn't inquire about breakfast.
I was surprised: breakfast starts at 5:00AM (from the menu), 6:00AM (buffet).

Not early enough for a 6:00AM flight, I s'pose, but early.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
I was surprised: breakfast starts at 5:00AM (from the menu), 6:00AM (buffet).

Not early enough for a 6:00AM flight, I s'pose, but early.
Smart for an airport hotel...thanks for that info!!
Old Sep 21, 2014, 2:59 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold,AA Platinum . Hyatt Diamond . SPG gold .
Checking out today . Breakfast removed from bill , 12th floor room nothing special . Hotel staff were very nice ..... For those that park and fly the Concourse uses Quik Park which is next to hotel . Parking rates online are about $14/day for valet , self park about $1 less . Quik park is also the shuttle that the hotel uses ... If you have time while at hotel check out the PH , great view .
Old Sep 25, 2014, 3:18 pm

Spent the night over there. Definitely a work in progress.

Had stayed before 3-4 times when it was a Radisson and clearly not much has changed on the aesthetic aspect.

For some reason there was a long line at check-in (at 10pm) and when I went to use the Diamond/Platinum line (was empty) the front desk agent (male) told me the "the line is over there at the back." He apologized when I told him I was a Diamond member but the damage was done. A serious property can't judge a book by its cover like that.

Normally I just laugh in these cases but this time it was nasty. He must have had a bad day.

At check-in he was clear about the free breakfast benefit (for up to four people) but struggled with the concept of the 1000 points welcome amenity. We'll see if/when that posts. Did not have breakfast as had a very early flight.

Overall, at the right price (<$119), a solid choice for an overnight stay before a LAX flight. Glad to see that down from the ridiculous $169+ from a few weeks ago.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
... Overall, at the right price (<$119), a solid choice for an overnight stay before a LAX flight. Glad to see that down from the ridiculous $169+ from a few weeks ago.
There are even My Elite Rates floating around ~90++. 110 all in. The hotel still shows on BRG form for what it matters, not sure if they're still denying claims.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:47 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
I'm here for maybe my 4th stay. Currently in the second night of my first multiple night stay. Still happy with the place, but they managed not clean my room. I don't need fresh towels, or my bed remade, but it's pretty bad form.

Also my first night facing south, and the first time in a while I didn't get a suite for free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.