Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Current Parking Prices (as of 8/4/2019) at QuikPark LAX; same shuttle as Hyatt.

Valet $55 per night
Self Park with In/Out $48 per night
Overnight Self Park $28 per night

https://www.quikparklosangelesairport.com/reservations/
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:49 am
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If so, is the Concourse Hotel between the Sheraton and the airport on the same side of the (same) busy street leading away from the airport terminals?
Yes, you are correct about the location of this property.

I am in LA and staying at LAX tonight before a flight out in the morning. I just just changed my booking to this hotel to check it out. I'll report back.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is the old Hyatt at LAX, re-flagged as Radisson, then re-flagged as Concourse Hotel at LAX.@:-)
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:28 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Can you actually walk here as there website says??
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
Can you actually walk here as there website says??
Yes you can. I wouldn't want to do it with more than carry-on, though.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:34 am

Anyone know if bookings from the Radisson website will be honored for GP points or do I need to re-book at hyatt.com? I have a non-ref booking there is September...
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Yay!! Hopefully I can soon say good-bye Hilton LAX ...

I will delay staying there until it appears benefits like breakfast and upgrades are in place.

Last edited by Crazyhotelguy; Jul 31, 2014 at 9:49 am
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Good evening Flyertalkers!

The Concourse Hotel at LAX will grant Gold Passport points and stay credit for all eligible stays there while they are in the process of transitioning to a Hyatt.

I hope you enjoy the new property!

Abrea H
Do you know if there are any plans in the future to offer a Park & Fly plan for us locals? All I could find on the Hyatt website was this:

http://concoursehotellax.hyatt.com/e...l/parking.html
Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:13 am

Very cool. This was the very first Hyatt Hotel way back when.... 1954. A Hyatt House if I recall and yes you can walk to the terminals. Well, to the WN terminal easily. I'd bus it to the others.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
The Concourse Hotel at LAX will grant Gold Passport points and stay credit for all eligible stays there while they are in the process of transitioning to a Hyatt.
Abrea H
And yet it doesn't appear in the list of Los Angeles choices for any dates I search. Trustguy, what did you search?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Originally Posted by slocouple
And yet it doesn't appear in the list of Los Angeles choices for any dates I search. Trustguy, what did you search?
It didn't come up for this weekend, but it did for the following weekend (Aug 9/10).
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL, HH, & IHG Dia; Bonvoy Titan
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What Westin down the block? The airport Westin is fairly far from the airport while this place is supposed to be the closest of the LAX airport hotels, claimed to be walkable from the terminals? I'm trying to picture exactly where this one is located and which building it is. Could you mean the Sheraton Gateway LAX which is closer than the Westin or Four Points? If so, is the Concourse Hotel between the Sheraton and the airport on the same side of the (same) busy street leading away from the airport terminals?
There is only one Westin at LAX, which opened as the Stouffer Concourse, further east on Century Blvd. That's the noisy, not-so-well soundproofed hotel.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by sdix
Very cool. This was the very first Hyatt Hotel way back when.... 1954. A Hyatt House if I recall and yes you can walk to the terminals. Well, to the WN terminal easily. I'd bus it to the others.
A Hyatt House at LAX was indeed the first Hyatt hotel -- but this isn't it. After a lot of digging I found this LA Times article from 1987 that notes:

That original Hyatt House at 5547 W. Century Blvd. is now called the Airport Century Inn, under different ownership. The airport Hyatt has moved twice since those days and the current Hyatt Los Angeles Airport sits at 6255 W. Century Blvd.
The Concourse Hotel building appears to have been built by Hyatt in 1963. Meanwhile, the original Hyatt House does appear to still be standing -- it's now the Travelodge LAX.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:08 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by SS255
Do you know if there are any plans in the future to offer a Park & Fly plan for us locals? All I could find on the Hyatt website was this:

http://concoursehotellax.hyatt.com/e...l/parking.html
There were Park&Fly rates when I checked rates at the Hyatt this morning 3,7 & 10 days I think.

Last edited by Markie; Aug 2, 2014 at 3:10 am
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:11 pm

This was originally the International Hotel. I had the pleasure of staying there in 1969.

On the Radisson website it now states:

"The selected hotel is currently off-line and is not accepting reservations."
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:33 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold

I hope you enjoy the new property!
Abrea H
When I called GP to book, they indicated that it was possible Diamond breakfast would not be included. Can you confirm or deny?
Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.