Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheapest Hyatts

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AMEX PLAT, Priority Pass, Admirals Club, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Cheapest Hyatts

Forgive me if this has already been answered elsewhere, I did a quick search and didn't find any threads matching my query so I figured I could start a new one. I am currently participating in the Hyatt Diamond trial and I was wondering which Hyatt properties anywhere in the United States would be cheapest during the month of August. Thanks for your help.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 2:07 pm

I'd be looking for Hyatt Places on weekends in smaller cities. Also, I tend to see good rates at the Hyatt Places near IAD.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 3:41 pm

I have stayed multiple times using the MER at Hyatt Place Norcross and Hyatt Place Windward Pkwy in Atlanta for 51.20 on weekends earlier this year.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum,
It depends widely. Since your from LAX I will tell you that the Hyatt regency Indian wells can be had for 88 a night sometimes with resort and parking fees waived for diamonds. The regency in Palm springs is regularly in the 109 ish range but parking is $25 not waived so you would want to find street parking. The Hyatt Place in Riverside and Ontario are also in the 100ish range. If your traveling Hyatt Places near IAD can be very cheap on weekends as well as anywhere that normally serves a business clientele that aren't working on the weekends (although avoid the Hyatt Place Vista Carlsbad is near Lego land and expensive/packed on the weekends)
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:37 pm

I don't understand the premise of your question. You're looking to spend the least amount possible, which is fine, but if it's across the country I can't see how getting to it will be economical.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AMEX PLAT, Priority Pass, Admirals Club, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by agrater
I don't understand the premise of your question. You're looking to spend the least amount possible, which is fine, but if it's across the country I can't see how getting to it will be economical.
I am planning on getting to the hotels using a method of transport that will cost me zero dollars/miles. So since I can go almost anywhere for free it does make sense for me to find the cheapest property and take advantage of it.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
To be efficient, you need to find pairs of cheap properties so you can alternate nights.

Las Vegas weekdays - alternate Excalibur and Luxor Sun-Mon-Tue-Wed.
Suburban Chicago - HP and HH Warrenville are in the same parking lot
Washington DC - Hyatt Dulles and HP Dulles are two blocks apart, HP Sterling is cheaper but a few miles away

The Chicago properties are usually $62+tax AAA on winter weekends. Dulles is more like $71+tax, although Sterling can be had for $58+tax.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:46 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Hyatt Fair Lakes, which is very hit and miss - mostly miss, can be booked in the $50+ range too one weekends in the winter. I had a stay earlier this year with an upgrade to a big corner room at that rate.

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
To be efficient, you need to find pairs of cheap properties so you can alternate nights.

Washington DC - Hyatt Dulles and HP Dulles are two blocks apart, HP Sterling is cheaper but a few miles away

The Chicago properties are usually $62+tax AAA on winter weekends. Dulles is more like $71+tax, although Sterling can be had for $58+tax.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by johnwmaher
I am planning on getting to the hotels using a method of transport that will cost me zero dollars/miles.
Hitchhiking is not very reliable for making your reserved dates on time.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick

MLife resorts in Vegas don't qualify for a Diamond Challenge...

Alternating nights also aren't really necessary for a Diamond Challenge, although you would pick up a few extra Diamond amenity point bonuses.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
All 3 Hyatts (Regency, HP, HH) at Denver Tech Center seem to always be pretty inexpensive.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:54 am

I don't know where the cheap ones are, but I can tell you where the cheap ones aren't. That's in Washington state.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Hitchhiking is not very reliable for making your reserved dates on time.
Hahaha, I had a good laugh at that. Thankfully I will not be hitchhiking, my mode of transport is most definitely a plane.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:59 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
There are Hyatt Places in the Phoenix area for $62 a night in August. And if you want to splurge, the Hyatt Regency downtown is $99 on weekends.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
There are Hyatt Places in the Phoenix area for $62 a night in August. And if you want to splurge, the Hyatt Regency downtown is $99 on weekends.
It can be even lower - $55/night if you can get the MyElite rate, stack with 1.5% ebates (or other referral sites) and/or pay with discounted Hyatt giftcards (when available) and its a super deal!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.