Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Amsterdam: Andaz or Waldorf-Astoria?

Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Booked at both right now for 3 days in late December on points. Plat with Hyatt and Gold with Hilton.

Anyone stayed at both? Which did you prefer? Any pros, cons? Dining, nightlife in the area and a good hotel experience are what we are seeking
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:49 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I like the Andaz, but what I've seen from the Waldorf that looks good too.... But they are two very different style of hotels with the Waldorf being the more luxurious one and the Andaz the more leisurly.

Location of the Waldorf might be a bit better, but Amsterdam is easy to get around so you will be fine with both.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 4:15 pm

Just had a four day family stay at the Andaz last month. We all really enjoyed it (more so than the PH Vendome and PH Zurich) because it was much less 'stuffy' that the two PHs. The service at the Andaz, while casual, was extraordinary as well. The location also worked very well for us. If you prefer hotels which are less traditional I highly recommend the Andaz.

Having said that, my experience was based on a canal view room which was spectacular. My daughter stayed in a room which only faced an 'atrium,' it was very small and included the elevators -- the 'atrium' was nicely decorated (my daughter loved it because she rarely gets her own room). There is also a second building at the rear of the property (I believe it only faced a courtyard) which I did not see.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.