Diamond chase redemption issue

Old Jul 15, 2014, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Diamond chase redemption issue

Hi all,

I have been attempting to redeem my free suite night from chase card. However, I have been having issues. I have had difficulty finding an actual suite that was available for redemption. Last week, I spoke with a helpful Diamond line rep. She recommended that I book the suite that was available at the olive 8 in Seattle with my credit card and that they could try to call the hotel to try convert it over to an award night. They called today but was not able to speak with the reservations manager. They spoke with the assistant manager and they would not convert it over. This has been a very frustrating process. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I call back to have them speak with the reservations manager? Thanks for listening.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 5:44 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Not all suites can be used for the diamond suite award. My guess is that you booked one that can't be used for upgrade.

In my experience, Hyatt Diamond customer service can always see suite availability, so there should never be a reason to book the suite (as though you're paying for it) because they can't convert it. If a suite's available (that qualifies) they will be able to call the hotel and reserve it.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 5:50 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by moulder3
Not all suites can be used for the diamond suite award. My guess is that you booked one that can't be used for upgrade.

In my experience, Hyatt Diamond customer service can always see suite availability, so there should never be a reason to book the suite (as though you're paying for it) because they can't convert it. If a suite's available (that qualifies) they will be able to call the hotel and reserve it.

Correct!! Actually booking the suite (room) on revenue hoping to convert to award could actually work against you since 1 more suite (room) is removed from inventory.

You don't say when your stay is - I suspect fairly close in the future since the credit card awards for suites for Diamonds were discontinued some time ago. Why don't you look at alternative usage, GH Seattle is just around the corner from Olive8 for example or use the award for a regular room (that is possible). If the date is quite sometime away, they could open up more inventory as the date approaches.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. The redemption is for this upcoming Saturday night. I only reserved revenue stay for suite based on suggestion of GP diamond line rep. She was unable to contact hotel reservation manager since it was after hours.

I tried looking for availability of Seattle HR but they did not have availability either. Was hoping that someone whose had similar experience may have a suggestion. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.