Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas - Points or Points and Cash - 2015 not available yet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2014, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry

Called Diamond Line today and tried to book a Jan 2015 reservation in Las Vegas using Points and then Points/Cash..... neither was available.

However some December 2014 dates the Points only was available.

She didn't know why 2015 Points or Points/Cash weren't available and couldn't tell me when they would be available for Las Vegas hotels. They apparently work differently then regular Hyatt Hotels as they release 12 months before.

Does anyone know when the points option will be available in Las Vegas?

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 12, 2014, 3:02 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

My assumption is that you are referring to the MGM properties - I dint think that they were in Points and Cash at all. As to when they are released for award reservations, I don't know.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 4:59 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
I tried to get a points+cash in an MLife property one weekend when rates were extremely high. No go - I got the impression that you can't do cash+points at MLife.

I finally ended up at the Westin on points only (no points+cash option there either) because the cash price of rooms in the city was outrageous. I went with SPG because I wanted a stay credit, something that Hyatt doesn't offer for points only stays.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 5:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Hyatt has nothing to to do with prices set by MGM so no MER or P+C option for those properties. Just simple point redemptions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.