Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 2:55 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
I have a C+P+DSU stay coming in a couple of weeks. Interestingly, C+P only space was NOT available, but if I used a DSU then I could use C+P. First time that's happened to me. It's alright though, still have 4 left to burn.
I had it happen to me at the Churchill in London and ended up booking a cash and points at the Conrad for 4 nights
Struck me as odd
I would appreciate it if the cash and points was only available to a Diamond member but don't like be a forced to surrender one of my 4 upgrades to do so
Old Sep 16, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
At the Park Hyatt Vienna now and I have to agree with some of the posters above. Hard product is gorgeous but definitely a little bit lacking on the soft side. Not sure if there was any turndown service as there wasn't a piece of chocolate like almost every other hotel I've stayed at with turndown service but more unpleasant was that the toilet was unflushed when we arrived - didn't leave that great an initial impression of the room. We are also both Platinum members staying for an anniversary trip but there was no mention of that at checkin nor even a mention of 'Thanks for being a platinum member with us'. Certainly doesn't cost anything to say a few extra words at check-in . To be fair, we did receive what I think was an upgrade to our room although I'm not sure since the check-in agent never mentioned anything about it. So these are fairly minor things (aside from the toilet) but definitely stood out especially after an immaculate stay at the Park Hyatt Milan. Really beautiful property overall though at a fabulous location!

Last edited by shindou2006; Sep 16, 2015 at 3:50 pm
Old Sep 16, 2015, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by shindou2006
At the Park Hyatt Vienna now and I have to agree with some of the posters above. Hard product is gorgeous but definitely a little bit lacking on the soft side. Not sure if there was any turndown service as there wasn't a piece of chocolate like almost every other hotel I've stayed at with turndown service but more unpleasant was that the toilet was unflushed when we arrived - didn't leave that great an initial impression of the room. We are also both Platinum members staying for an anniversary trip but there was no mention of that at checkin nor even a mention of 'Thanks for being a platinum member with us'. Certainly doesn't cost anything to say a few extra words at check-in . To be fair, we did receive what I think was an upgrade to our room although I'm not sure since the check-in agent never mentioned anything about it. So these are fairly minor things (aside from the toilet) but definitely stood out especially after an immaculate stay at the Park Hyatt Milan. Really beautiful property overall though at a fabulous location!
They should make your stay a little more special. I would flip out if a turd was in my toilet haha.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 5:01 am

Another one adding to the chorus of beautiful hardware and inconsistent service.

I won't talk about the hardware which everyone is well aware of, but just a few petty complaints.

Nobody came around to help with the bags at arrival. This is one of the few instances where I would actually have appreciated help because I was travelling with my mom and there are quite a few steps entering the hotel, and also to the lift lobby.

Check-in agent seemed a little grumpy and eager to get rid of me. I tried making some small talk about how beautiful the hotel is, and she just responded "yes, everybody seems to say that."

Asked for directions the night of check-in at the concierge, and he started his sentence with a sigh and "Well as I told you last night..." I know all Asians look the same, but was the sigh really necessary?

Breakfast was a bit of a joke, with nobody ever clearing plates and drinks taking ages to arrive. It was crowded all three mornings I was there, but still I felt the service could do with a lot of polishing.

The guy manning the spa was really helpful, and happily took us around for a tour of the pool and sauna.

Having said all that, I would still happily give this property a five star rating on Tripadvisor. I received an amazing upgrade to what must be the most beautiful suite I've ever stayed in, so would still certainly return anytime.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 5:14 am

Just noticed there are already some photos of the ambassador suite uploaded, so just a few more from me.

What a beautiful hotel!
Old Sep 17, 2015, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think they should really fix their service issues rather than throwing their upper suites at guests. I wouldn't give a place 5 stars if they didn't try to serve, serve well, help with bags, etc. PH Vienna shouldn't live off its hardware to makeup for service shortcomings.

carmy quite enticing! wow, but still the service needs to match!
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:36 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by carmy
Another one adding to the chorus of beautiful hardware and inconsistent service.

I won't talk about the hardware which everyone is well aware of, but just a few petty complaints.

Nobody came around to help with the bags at arrival. This is one of the few instances where I would actually have appreciated help because I was travelling with my mom and there are quite a few steps entering the hotel, and also to the lift lobby.

Check-in agent seemed a little grumpy and eager to get rid of me. I tried making some small talk about how beautiful the hotel is, and she just responded "yes, everybody seems to say that."

Asked for directions the night of check-in at the concierge, and he started his sentence with a sigh and "Well as I told you last night..." I know all Asians look the same, but was the sigh really necessary?

Breakfast was a bit of a joke, with nobody ever clearing plates and drinks taking ages to arrive. It was crowded all three mornings I was there, but still I felt the service could do with a lot of polishing.

The guy manning the spa was really helpful, and happily took us around for a tour of the pool and sauna.

Having said all that, I would still happily give this property a five star rating on Tripadvisor. I received an amazing upgrade to what must be the most beautiful suite I've ever stayed in, so would still certainly return anytime.
thanks for very useful and update info.

i have upcoming stay here in early november.

I'm asian too. Should i be prepared to the not-up-to-park-hyatt-standard service?

btw, i have backup booking at the ritz-carlton too.

Last edited by 3rdworldresident; Sep 17, 2015 at 12:34 pm
Old Sep 17, 2015, 3:09 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Aventine
I think they should really fix their service issues rather than throwing their upper suites at guests. I wouldn't give a place 5 stars if they didn't try to serve, serve well, help with bags, etc. PH Vienna shouldn't live off its hardware to makeup for service shortcomings.

carmy quite enticing! wow, but still the service needs to match!
+1. Have an upcoming stay here and hope I don't have to deal with the poor service levels. When you're paying a premium (either cash or points) to stay at these types of properties, you expect much better service than what the other poster mentioned.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 6:48 pm

Programs: United 1P, Alaska MVPG 75K, Hyatt Daimond

Thanks so much for the update. I also have a trip coming up as a special occasion with my wife. I also do not want to treated as a second class Asian tourist while spending over $500 a night. Will have to think about this.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by convert
Thanks so much for the update. I also have a trip coming up as a special occasion with my wife. I also do not want to treated as a second class Asian tourist while spending over $500 a night. Will have to think about this.
I don't think it has to do with subtle racism. The housekeeping didn't leave a turd or hair in the toilet because they knew an Asian person was coming. They just did it because they were lazy at their job. Just some bad eggs in their team.

You should reach out to their VIP manager or coordinator and make them aware this is a special occasion.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 8:37 pm

This is a beautiful hotel with patchy service, but I would definitely stay here again. The location is great, just a 5 minute walk to the cathedral and everything else. I would also be happy to recommend the property to a friend.

Everything put together, I think the pros still outweigh the cons.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 3:30 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Aventine
I don't think it has to do with subtle racism. The housekeeping didn't leave a turd or hair in the toilet because they knew an Asian person was coming. They just did it because they were lazy at their job. Just some bad eggs in their team.

You should reach out to their VIP manager or coordinator and make them aware this is a special occasion.
I'm Asian here and don't think that there was any anti-Asian sentiment... I had troubles with housekeeping as well but chalk that up too perhaps lack of attention to detail (maybe laziness as well)....

FDW
Old Sep 18, 2015, 6:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
This Asian was over the moon about the upgrade and was happy with the service. Had good, not PHV/Tokyo service, but still good and genuine service, that was par with other well received 5 star hotels (eg, Langham Chicago.) Especially given that it is a 1 year old property. Had a 15 minute tour on arrival. Housekeeping was good for us, even tidied the clothes for my girl's American girl dolls. 3oz toiletries / towels were always fully replenished in am and turndown. This remains my favorite Hyatt and the best Diamond recognition I've ever had- I was really made to feel like a VIP.

Don't understand the complaint about the lack of chocolates at turndown. I get water but never remember getting chocolates at > 40 different Hyatt hotels.

No racism perceived. Honestly, I get the impression that I am treated better in Europe because many perceive that I'm a wealthy Japanese tourist eager to part my with $.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 7:46 am

Not sure how this became a discussion about race, but I just want to make it abundantly clear that I was talking about one grumpy concierge. I have no reason to believe that it was anything more than him mistaking me for somebody else who'd asked a similar question the day before.

Again, it was a great stay but just a few service hiccups.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Not sure how this became a discussion about race, but I just want to make it abundantly clear that I was talking about one grumpy concierge. I have no reason to believe that it was anything more than him mistaking me for somebody else who'd asked a similar question the day before.

Again, it was a great stay but just a few service hiccups.
There are always service hiccups. Somebody looks at you the wrong way or makes a snarky comment and then somebody posts it here on FT and then the message thread expands into oblivion over someone's dissatisfaction in how they were treated. I don't see how that helps anyone on FT, there will always be variability in treatment because people aren't machines. If the hotel consistently offers sub par service than that is notable but I wish people would stop looking to be treated perfectly by everyone at all times as an indication of hotel perfection. People just aren't that predictable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.