Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall (Opens 10Dec14-delayed?) 50% promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2014, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mrredskin
Zilara and Ziva open on December 10, 2014 (unless delayed again).

Updates here on delayed opening: https://www.facebook.com/HyattZilaraRoseHall

Restaurants and Activities are listed on page 2 of this thread.

Two different reps from Hyatt have informed me that ALL restaurants will be operational. "Full open".
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall (Opens 10Dec14-delayed?) 50% promo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2014, 5:08 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
this reminds me, most recently, of the andaz maui issue a year or so ago... except they were much better at informing their guests.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:53 am

I just got cancelled today (11/20) for our reservation beginning 11/25. Needless to say I am furious. I booked the trip to stay at this resort and would have gone somewhere else I had known before I booked my flights a month ago (also booked with points). I do not want to be transferred to another resort, and if they do I want some serious compensation on top of the transfer.

Does anyone else have experience with cancellations? What have you asked for/been offered in the past? I'd appreciate any advice as we will be calling to read them the riot act tonight.

I understand they are not ready but how can they tell people 5 days before they have to go to another resort?!?!?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:09 am

i'm sure they offered SOMETHING in return. did you ask what extra compensation there was? or what other resorts you had to choose from?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:37 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall (Opens 11/1/14) 50% promo

It's always a risk you take when you book a property that hasn't opened yet. Look at which of the other resorts you want to stay at and suggest they rebook you there. And demand some points as compensation..
Old Nov 20, 2014, 10:14 am

They did not offer anything but a refund of our points, but I will call back after work today to speak with a supervisor. We are booked for the week of Thanksgiving so I'm concerned they couldn't book us anywhere else even if they tried. AND, if they could book us somewhere else it's not going to be as nice as Hyatt.

any recommendations?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:04 pm

I got a hold of the right person and they are booking us at Sandals Negril and giving us a voucher for three free nights at Hyatt Rose Hall. They will not give any of our points back. We are going to try to get a universal voucher for Hyatt Ziva since we may not be going back to Jamaica for a while.

Thanks for your help!
Old Nov 20, 2014, 1:43 pm

Sandals and Beaches seem to be the two they are trying to send everyone to. Diamond line agent sent an email to their manager to ask about my proposal. hopefully will hear back in a couple hours.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 6:42 pm

I still don't understand why kids are 12500 each. For a family of four, it would just make sense to get two rooms instead of packing all 4 into a single room, all at the same cost. You would think they would revisit this and make it 5K points for kids below a certain age, and 7.5K for kids up to 18.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 7:09 pm

check the fb page for the update on what they're offering as compensation and options. too lengthy to post on here.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall (Opens 11/1/14) 50% promo

We were recently notified by our contractors on Monday, November 17th that certain fire/safety equipment will not be completed by the planned opening date of November 23, 2014. We have therefore made the difficult, but necessary decision to delay our opening until December 10th, guaranteeing that these essential elements have been tested to our satisfaction.

We recognize how upsetting this last minute notification is, and although this doesn’t ease your inconvenience, we want to share with you what has transpired, and more importantly, what steps are being taken to offer alternative accommodations for guests effected during this period.

Total guest satisfaction and your comfort is always our top priority, and we will do everything within our power to ensure that this is never compromised. On behalf of our entire Hyatt Zilara & Hyatt Ziva team, please accept our personal and sincere apology. Our entire team is working diligently through your travel provider, and individually with you, to make our best efforts to re-accommodate your vacation plans.

Realizing how difficult it is to reschedule a vacation, we are offering three options to all guests booked at Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall and Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall between November 23-December 10, 2014.
REBOOK YOUR VACATION AT HYATT ZILARA ROSE HALL OR HYATT ZIVA ROSE HALL:
For those of you who wish to rebook your vacation at a later date:
• We will cover up to a $350 per person credit for airline change fees
• A full upgrade in suite category from your original booking
• A $100 spa credit for a service of your choice
• Plus, as a special thank you for your understanding, an additional vacation gift certificate. You are invited back to enjoy Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall or Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall or any other Hyatt Zilara or Hyatt Ziva for a complimentary three night land stay for two people.

REBOOK AT ANOTHER RESORT IN JAMAICA:
Understanding that sometimes a last minute change in dates or destination is just not feasible, we have limited alternative resort accommodations over your original booked dates in Jamaica. Your travel provider will have details for you, or you can contact us directly at the numbers and email address below. If you do choose to visit another resort, please be assured you will receive the following:
• Our best efforts to secure similar accommodations and the same length of stay that was booked with Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall or Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
• All ground transfers, plus you will be greeted at Sangster International Airport at Hyatt Zilara and Hyatt Ziva’s exclusive airport lounge
• Plus, as a special thank you for your understanding, an additional vacation gift certificate. You are invited back to enjoy Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall or Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall or any other Hyatt Zilara or Hyatt Ziva for a complimentary three night land stay for two people.

CANCEL & RECEIVE A FULL REFUND OF THE LAND PORTION OF YOUR VACATION PACKAGE:
• Guests who wish to cancel their reservation, should contact their travel provider to receive a full refund for the land portion of the booking.

Again, we recognize that none of this makes up for the disappointment in having your much anticipated vacation plans disrupted at the last minute. But please understand that you are our number one priority and we are doing everything in our power to provide you with the best option available.

Your booking agent may already be working with you to accommodate your preferences. However, we also have a dedicated Customer Service Help Desk in place to also answer your questions and help expedite your rebooking. Please feel free to contact: Ashley or Daysis at 800.482.7048 [international callers at 954.331.1588] or email us at [email protected]. We are committed to responding to your questions and requests immediately.

Sincerely,
The Customer Care Team at Hyatt Zilara & Hyatt Ziva
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:11 pm

Wow, that's a pretty generous compensation offer. Kudos to them for being proactive.

REBOOK YOUR VACATION AT HYATT ZILARA ROSE HALL OR HYATT ZIVA ROSE HALL:
For those of you who wish to rebook your vacation at a later date:
• We will cover up to a $350 per person credit for airline change fees
• A full upgrade in suite category from your original booking
• A $100 spa credit for a service of your choice
Old Nov 21, 2014, 9:50 am

proactive??? They gave a lot of individuals a FOUR day notice. this is an international destination for everyone visiting this resort. i'm fortunate that mine is 2.5 weeks away. diamond line is even having issues with this reservation.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Wait a min... exclusive lounge at MBJ? or are they just teaming up with the Mobay lounge? Also, they are providing free ground transportation to/from the resort to all Hyatt guests? I still have not booked airport transportation yet (reservation is for end of jan).
Old Nov 21, 2014, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Wait a min... exclusive lounge at MBJ? or are they just teaming up with the Mobay lounge? Also, they are providing free ground transportation to/from the resort to all Hyatt guests? I still have not booked airport transportation yet (reservation is for end of jan).

Saw a Hyatt lounge at the Montego Bay airport....
Old Nov 21, 2014, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by mrredskin
proactive??? They gave a lot of individuals a FOUR day notice. this is an international destination for everyone visiting this resort. i'm fortunate that mine is 2.5 weeks away. diamond line is even having issues with this reservation.
They could have just cancelled all reservations without offering any compensation ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.