Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt no longer processing BRGs over the phone, new online form

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB

I said 'good change for me' and not 'good change for everybody'. I think I should be entitled to such statement. I just had the first BRG approved, and it took me 3 minutes to fill the form, rather than arguing and holding on the phone for 30 minutes.
Old May 26, 2014, 9:33 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by banzani
I said 'good change for me' and not 'good change for everybody'. I think I should be entitled to such statement. I just had the first BRG approved, and it took me 3 minutes to fill the form, rather than arguing and holding on the phone for 30 minutes.
Its my belief that good customer service allows customers to have a choice
There will be situations when one is traveling that wont be practical or possible
Old May 26, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by banzani
Mine first BRG through the claim form was approved after 20 hours.
Old May 26, 2014, 11:55 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by stiwi
Mine first BRG through the claim form was approved after 20 hours.
What happens for it takes so long and the lower rate were to change online in the interim?
Old May 26, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
That's what I wonder, too.

I submitted my BRG more than 24 hours ago and have not heard back, so Hyatt is apparently not able to fulfill their promised 24 hour turnaround time...

So far, not happy with the new process.

Stay is for this upcoming Saturday by the way...
Old May 26, 2014, 1:57 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
I don't know, my BRG rate on 3rd party website didn't change luckily. I am sure they have some teething problems with this BRG. I was assured my BRG claim will be processed as soon as they receive it but despite this it took them 20 hours... That's not funny, especially that it was for tomorrow's check in

From best to worst BRG handling it seems. SPG is a pure pleasure with usual turnaround of 4 hours and literally few clicks to submit the claim instead of filling everything manually. I know it takes 3 minutes or so but it could at least take your GP passport basic personal details of your name and email address from your account.

There is not even a confirmation email and number confirming that BRG was submitted and is being processed. So if you like to follow up on it, good luck.
Old May 26, 2014, 1:57 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Quick update - BRG approved after ~27 hours.
Old May 27, 2014, 8:06 am
kirtaeb

I have my BRG claim honored, after about 26 hours, for the wrong dates!
The rep was so kindly put this in the closing email:

"Please let us know if we may be of any other assistance, or if you should have any questions regarding your upcoming stay!"

But then she failed to leave me her phone number or email to contact her regarding the inaccurate dates.

I tried replying to the email from hyatt service desk about 12 hours ago and have not heard from them yet. I am not sure what's their policy about this. ��

Last edited by kirtaeb; May 27, 2014 at 8:08 am Reason: Added quotation mark

Old May 27, 2014, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kirtaeb
I have my BRG claim honored, after about 26 hours, for the wrong dates!
The rep was so kindly put this in the closing email:

"Please let us know if we may be of any other assistance, or if you should have any questions regarding your upcoming stay!"

But then she failed to leave me her phone number or email to contact her regarding the inaccurate dates.

I tried replying to the email from hyatt service desk about 12 hours ago and have not heard from them yet. I am not sure what's their policy about this. ��
Well, there's bound to be a few kinks at the beginning of any new system, but just remember that it's all for the greater good of the people that Hyatt cares about most: its shareholders.
Old May 27, 2014, 10:59 am
kirtaeb

Quick update

Quick update - problem solved after 31 minutes phone call

Old May 27, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
At around 16 hours so far. Over 15 hours longer than it would have taken before. We'll see if they can do it at least within their promised 24-hour turnaround.
Old May 27, 2014, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Can't be too dissatisfied at this point. Tried two BRGs. It took about 19 hours for responses. Both were approved--one without problem, the other with the incorrect cancellation policy (BRG dept. claimed it was advance purchase but the comparison site was actually prepaid but refundable). Able to get it fixed with an eight-minute call (less time than my old by-phone BRGs).

The process seems to be just like SPG's, and it's working out okay for now, but I'm sure it'll be problematic at times with quick-disappearing rates.
Old May 28, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lawyertalk
... but I'm sure it'll be problematic at times with quick-disappearing rates.
Exactly - it's always been a great benefit to be able to call in and get something taken care of in a matter of minutes, particularly when you find an especially good rate. This introduces a much greater level of uncertainty in the process.
Old May 28, 2014, 9:53 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
So far, not hearing much about BRGs being denied.
Wondering if any of the reasons for denial are explained in the agent's response email!
Old May 28, 2014, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
I spoke to them and it seems their new official policy is to direct you to the online form unless your desired booking is within the next 24 hours.

That being said I called 3 separate times, the first 2 I had issues with BRG because otel.com was being spotty (maybe my computer had the room on hold), the third person is the one who informed me of the policy, I spoke to her manager and she confirmed that will be the new policy but was able to get it done for me over the phone.

I'm sure we will be directed more to the form going forward, but I think it is useful to keep that phone number in handy just in case you run into any problems

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.