Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Let's Go Green Together"

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2014, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC

Don't see another post on this. This card was in my room when I checked into the HP San Jose on Monday.

Seems like an easy extra 500 points per night. Need a minimum 2 night stay to get the points since departure date obviously doesn't count. Kinda nice since the Diamond bonus is only 500 pts for HPs per stay.

Anyone seen this at other Hyatts?
Old May 23, 2014, 8:27 pm

I've had 2 stays (both full service properties) in the South Eastern US since this post, and neither of them had anything like this. I usually call housekeeping and tell them not to come anyway, so this is a huge and exciting change for me. I can't wait to see it rolled out nationwide / worldwide.
Old May 23, 2014, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
I'm actually now starting to wonder if it has anything to do with the CA drought... Don't have another CA stay planned right now, but have another HP stay at SLC next week.
Old May 23, 2014, 11:13 pm

Programs: WN A+ & CP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond, *wood Plat, National EE
I have been asking for an SPG-Like "Green Choice" program for a while now. I hope it is rolled out system-wide.
Old May 24, 2014, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Well, my stay just posted....without the points I've contacted my PL rep to get it sorted out. An inauspicious start
Old May 24, 2014, 5:05 am

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT

I'm sure it will be posted. Hyatt delivers!
Old May 25, 2014, 9:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold
Didn't see this at the HR Cincinnati last week.
Old May 25, 2014, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Diamond (no I will not use the new name), Marriott/ SPG lt Plat, JPM Reserve, Amex Plat
Haven't seen this at any of the four domestic Hyatts I've been in so far this month. I'm hoping this gets rolled out widely across the brand the way SPG has, when I'm traveling alone for work (so most of the time) it's easy extra points.
Old May 26, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Not a CA-wide thing either—no sign of it at the Hyatt Place LAX as of right now.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Completed another 2 night stay at the same HP last week. Opted in again. Still waiting for the stay to post to see if the points come thru automatically. Should be an easy 500 pt bonus on top of the Diamond bonus.

Front desk said it is now ONLY valid on stays of 2 or 3 nights. My guess is that they had people racking up the points by staying for long periods of time and declining housekeeping the entire time. I've got 3 night stays for the next 3 weeks, so that'll work out just fine for me! Easy 1000 pts per stay.

Edit:
Just checked again and the stay posted....without the points again I'll take it up with the front desk when I check in tomorrow.

Last edited by jasonvr; Sep 21, 2014 at 9:36 pm
Old Sep 22, 2014, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by jasonvr

Front desk said it is now ONLY valid on stays of 2 or 3 nights. My guess is that they had people racking up the points by staying for long periods of time and declining housekeeping the entire time.
These programs save the hotels money. I'm certain their cost to service a room exceeds $5. If a long term guest declines housekeeping repeatedly, it should just mean more savings for the hotel.

SPG has no such limit that I'm aware of.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Hyatt Deerfield

Hyatt Deerfield (IL) has rolled out Green Choice this week - 1000 GP points or $5 voucher in lieu of housekeeping.

Last edited by jdawg; Oct 13, 2014 at 9:50 pm Reason: Image Link
Old Oct 13, 2014, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jdawg

Hyatt Deerfield (IL) has rolled out Green Choice this week - 1000 GP points or $5 voucher in lieu of housekeeping.
1000 per night of declined housekeeping? Any limit?

Last edited by peteropny; Oct 17, 2014 at 11:30 am Reason: removed quoted pic
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:51 am

Interesting that they're doing 1000 pts per night of declined housekeeping. I was at the HP San Jose a few months ago and they offered 500 pts per night of declined housekeeping. Still haven't seen it in other locations though.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by jacobsa
Interesting that they're doing 1000 pts per night of declined housekeeping. I was at the HP San Jose a few months ago and they offered 500 pts per night of declined housekeeping. Still haven't seen it in other locations though.
It's similar at Starwood properties Green Choice program - 500 points for Westin's / Sheratons / etc while only 250 points for Four Points / Aloft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.